Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #3166
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
It's such a relief to come back to this board and feel the happiness.

On our upcoming trip, we're doing a split stay so I've been following the board for the other resort, too. And man, those people are grumpy!! It's DisneyWorld, people!! Sheesh.
Well, Grumpy is one of the Disney Dwarves. I like to think that we are Happy. Or maybe Dopey. And sometimes Sloshie. Wait. That's not a dwarf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Thanks for that, i must have just missed your reply earlier before I signed off. Looks like CL might work out well.

On the UK WDW site they have finished the free dining for 2013 offer and are now offering 35% discount for the Beach Club for this July 2013, so hopefully this will be offered this time next year for 2014 and it seems thats too good to pass up

I think for my family for next year having CL and not using the DP would be the way to go.
Oh, I'm hoping to see a 35% discount here for the summer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
What happens if one member or more becomes ill? You do not get reimbursed for missed meals and missing just one meal seriously IMO jeopardizes the value of the dining plan. In December, we had 4 members of our family ill throughout the week. We often just brought food back to the room for the healthy ones or sent only part of our crew to our ADRs. The last night, we had to order room service just to use up TS credits and we had CS credits left over. Had we not been on the meal plan, that would have been one less thing to worry about. I believe we are done with the dining plan, but each person has to do the research for their group as to whether it works for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Purely anecdotal story follows:

I had DVC points that would expire & booked 5 nights on points for my brother & his GF at SSR. They paid cash for 2 additional nights. The points booked nights had DxDP, so a lot of meals planned. They both fell ill with the GI bug that was running rampant through WDW this past fall. On the day they had to check out & check in (going from points stay to cash stay) they still had 7-8 dining credits each. My brother mentioned how sick they had been, mostly stuck in the room for at least a day & without asking, the front desk CM credited him one night of DxDP.

So, I am definitely NOT saying that would happen to everyone, BUT should you have the misfortune to fall ill at Disney, and be left with DDP credits that you will be unable to use, it does not hurt to check in with the front desk.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Add me to the list of victims to sickness and losing credits on the dining plan. In 2008, we had the Deluxe Dining Plan. Two days into the trip, my oldest son started feeling sick (possibly dehydration) and he didn't want to be around food at all. The reservations we had fell left and right: Fantasmic Dining, Cape May Clambake, Tony's at MK, Breakfast at H&V, Lunch at 50's Prime time for two of us, Breakfast at Kona for two of us and Breakfast at Boma for two of us. I did do the math afterward, and we barely broke even on the cost of the plan (factoring in the $50 reusable mugs), but it was way too much food, especially for someone who didn't want to be in restaurants.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #3167
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

I'm 60 days out today! So, I tried to do the online check-in. It allows me to click on Check-In but then only my resservation details pop up and the only option is at the bottom of the box to close. First, I really was going on to pay off the rest of my balance. Can't find any area to do that. Looked at the FAQ, says pay off online or by phone. Click on the online like part, nothing happens. UGH! So frustrated and I do everything online. I've been doing all my Disney ressies online for years. I hate calling the number. So, not wanting to spend Valentine's Day on hold on the phone, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. I hate this new site.

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
July 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #3168
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI
I'm 60 days out today! So, I tried to do the online check-in. It allows me to click on Check-In but then only my resservation details pop up and the only option is at the bottom of the box to close. First, I really was going on to pay off the rest of my balance. Can't find any area to do that. Looked at the FAQ, says pay off online or by phone. Click on the online like part, nothing happens. UGH! So frustrated and I do everything online. I've been doing all my Disney ressies online for years. I hate calling the number. So, not wanting to spend Valentine's Day on hold on the phone, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. I hate this new site.
I hate paying by phone as well but the automated system is very easy and I have been using that to make my payments. There is a way to pay online I saw on another thread but I have not tried it as it some how links back to the old website.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #3169
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hello my fellow beachclubbers!

After going back and forth and back and forth we have decided to get APs this year and plan on a second trip early next spring! Which means we qualify for an AP discount and took advantage to upgrade to SV CL for our trip this May!

I am a little bothered that my first call to check rates the CM gave me a quote with a total and what the first night downpayment would be and when I called back to book the rate was almost $200 more for the duration of the trip. Not sure where someone made the mistake but the higher price did make more sense to me unfortunately.

I can't believe we are doing our first deluxe resort AND going club level at that. This is going to be an awesome trip! And I get to plan another trip for April 2014!! Although sadly there isn't much chance we will do deluxe again. Probably going to have to look into POR next time around but we'll see. Maybe we'll win the lottery by then.

I think we may look into the TiW card which means we may also add another ADR or two. I just have to figure out how much it will really save us and keep in mind my sister is traveling with us and is on a more limited budget.

The three month wait is feeling soooooooooo far away though.

Thanks for everyone who contributes to this thread. It's really awesome to be able to hear so many reviews and see so many pics to help in making decisions. Super helpful.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #3170
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI View Post
Even if it's paid off, I'm not sure you'd be able to check-in. My booking is a DVC points reservation, so nothing to pay off. It still wouldn't let me do online check-in until the website said I had 59 days until my vacation.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #3171
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Well..by the time of our next trip my first grader will be half way through second grade and my 2yo will be potty trained (fingers crossed)...but it is booked! Change my dates for BOG please, to BC-GV-CL 12.7.13-12.13.13. We were planning a split stay with WL and YC, but neither were apparently available with CM discount (CL), so time to start researching the GV rooms for daybeds/views/etc....inlaws are joining us with the same booking category.

This is our first time at an Epcot resort (usually AK and MK resorts). I'm excited!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #3172
WDW4us2006
DIS Veteran

Oh no!

I looked down today and saw that the WDW castle charm from my Alex and Ani bracelet was gone! I am so sad as my daughter and I bought these together on our August trip. I will be heading there again in March, but wanted to know if anyone there now or just returned has seen them? I am hoping they are still for sale in the parks and resorts. I imagine I could get one online, but somehow that doesn't quite seem the same. Bummer.
Coronado Springs - 1999, 2005
Beach Club - 2003, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, March, June & August 2014!!

Disneyland Hotel - 2007

Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #3173
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW4us2006 View Post
I looked down today and saw that the WDW castle charm from my Alex and Ani bracelet was gone! I am so sad as my daughter and I bought these together on our August trip. I will be heading there again in March, but wanted to know if anyone there now or just returned has seen them? I am hoping they are still for sale in the parks and resorts. I imagine I could get one online, but somehow that doesn't quite seem the same. Bummer.
So sorry to hear you lost your charm. I know there is a Disney Parks Merchandise phone number. I am quite sure someone on this board has it. You can call them. You are actually getting it from DisneyParks, so maybe it won't feel like you are just ordering it from the internet.... though I gotta say, DisneyStore.com is having its 25% off everything sale. Just sayin'. :-)
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #3174
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me a bit about the Fantasmic Dinner Package. The website was vague at best. Thinking about getting QS for lunch, as we already have ADRs for dinner at 50s Prime time that day.

Oh, and when you book the package, can you specify which performance you want, since there will be 2 showings?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #3175
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Can anyone tell me a bit about the Fantasmic Dinner Package. The website was vague at best. Thinking about getting QS for lunch, as we already have ADRs for dinner at 50s Prime time that day.

Oh, and when you book the package, can you specify which performance you want, since there will be 2 showings?

Thanks!!!
We used it in 2011. We were assigned to one designated show and could not change. I am not sure if that is how it works now. We were there in May that year and the crowds for the show were not bad and we would have had seats with no problem without the Fantasmic pkg. Our seats were all the way to the right-which they seemed OK, I am sure there were better seats but they were fine. We ate a Mama Melrose's. It was nice that the dinner came with an appetizer and dessert and only took 1 TS credit at that time.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #3176
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel

Thanks!!!
We saw the show Sept 2011 using the dinner package. We ate at the Brown Derby early, then milled around the park before going to the later Fantasmic! Show. The dinner doesn't have to be just before the show, since they aren't physically connected. We chose the later show because I wanted to see it in the pitch dark to really get the full effects, everyone thought it was awesome. It's a great experience, but like lots of Disney extras, we won't do it every trip, mostly because of time. I highly recommend it though!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #3177
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Trying to figure out what to share for room request. i just noticed that on the Disney website, for CL-GV it only lists one bed-type, 2Q+daybed. So...I don't need to request a daybed? Also, does anyone know if they (CL-GV) all have full balconies (I read that on another post).

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #3178
logpey
Disney or bust!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post

I can't wait for your trip to get here! Good luck with the marathon and be sure to let us know how you made out.

~NM
Thank you, neither can I...... Thanks again for the good luck, I need it, I'll definitely let you know! Take care.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlupin View Post
Just wanted to drop in and say hi!

We are leaving for WDW in TWO DAYS!!!

We're staying BC CL. Our kids know we're staying at the Beach Club (we have stayed there 3 times and LOVE it), but they don't know about the Club Leve upgrade. Can't wait to surprise them!!

They also don't know we booked an Illuminations Cruise on 2/20 - DSs 18th birthday! Never done that before - should be great.

Sandy
Sandy,
We should be there at the same time! We're leaving Saturday evening towards WDW, but don't actually check in till Monday the 18th. We are also staying at the BC CL & our 13 & 15 year old--also have no idea, its a total surprise.

I hope our surprise doesn't get ruined when we arrive at the guard gate. Illuminations cruise sounds wonderful, He will love it, great birthday memories! Have a great trip......
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #3179
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
It's such a relief to come back to this board and feel the happiness.

On our upcoming trip, we're doing a split stay so I've been following the board for the other resort, too. And man, those people are grumpy!! It's DisneyWorld, people!! Sheesh.
Welcome back mommakacie....We've had a few that have attacked and tried to take this board to that grumpy place. Occasionally we miss a question or give an incorrect answer but I guarantee you we do try to answer or find an answer every question.

And agreement is not required. Beach Club is not everyones favorite resort. Nor should it be. How boring would that be!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #3180
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
Trying to figure out what to share for room request. i just noticed that on the Disney website, for CL-GV it only lists one bed-type, 2Q+daybed. So...I don't need to request a daybed? Also, does anyone know if they (CL-GV) all have full balconies (I read that on another post).

Thanks!
Are you able to link to where you see this info?

According to my notes, all BC CL GV rooms have full balconies, but only 1, I believe, has a daybed. Sounds like you should request one, but you may possibly have to request a rollaway cot if extra space is necessary.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: