Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #3136
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Happy Valentines Day Friends!!!

Oh crap....I knew I was forgetting something..... (Just kidding)

Last edited by MickeyT; 02-14-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #3137
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Valentines Day Friends!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty4 View Post
When we were there last Feb. there were at least 20 or more pails and shovels in the sand for kids to play with. Not sure if that is the norm or if we just got lucky.
I have always seen sand pals and shovels lying around the kid sand pool everytime I have been

DH and I are getting very excited. We will be sailing the Wonder in 2 days

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #3138
logpey
Disney or bust!

Leaving this Sunday, possibly Saturday evening, for my happy place! Can't wait to try out "The Beach Club Resort for FIRST time!" I will definitely be checking on the DIS, if anyone has any question or pics they want taken! Woot... But nervous about my Princess half, scary but fun.....:0
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-14-2013, 07:39 AM   #3139
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla

DD is now 15! We are celebrating her Sweet Sixteen while at Disney at our lovely Beach Club resort this July.

She is a good eater as is my DH, but we snack so much (mickey ears ice cream, dole whips, Caramels in Germany, pretzels, on and on and on because after all it's vacation!) and usually want to share a dessert, that we can get away with sharing a meal every now and then!!!

We have been to Disney SEVERAL times, and have never gotten the dining plan. DH doesn't like to be tied down to "well, we have to have a nice meal otherwise we are wasting money on this dining plan". As for myself, there are times that all I want is a bowl of soup for my meal (Sanaa is a perfect example, I LOVE, LOVE their tomato soup.) so using a meal credit for a $6 bowl is kind of nuts.

I'm sure the plan is a good thing for many families, it just isn't for us.
That's exactly the way I feel with DDP!!! But maybe I'll give it a try in the future)
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #3140
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

I've never done a dining plan. Whenever I looked at it and did my own calculations, I could only justify it if we were doing a lot of character meals. What I noticed (and I haven't looked at it in a couple years now) was that the cost of the adult dining plans weren't saving that much off the regular menu prices, unless you always ate the expensive meals at the expensive restaurants, or unless you were always going to get that dessert anyway. And pretty much the same for the cost of the kids meals, except in the case of character dining (specifically the ones that only require 1 TS credit)... where the cost of paying out of pocket for a kid at a character meal is much greater than the cost of that child's dining plan TS credit for the day.

So my rule was: "Lots of kids? Lots of character meals? Then take a close look at the dining plan."

The other thing to think about... if your plans change and you end up leaving one meal on the table (so to speak), you may have ruined any savings you had hoped to get.

As far as just doing it so you know your meals are paid for and you can relax about dining... I completely understand that. But I do love the idea that someone else posted earlier (I think it was on this thread?). Take the money you set aside for the dining plan and put it on a gift card. I guess you could concievably run out before you had planned to, but it's much more flexible.

And one more plug for the TIW card before I shut up. If you qualify for it, and you are planning a good number of days within a 12-month period, it can be a great deal.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #3141
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Leaving this Sunday, possibly Saturday evening, for my happy place! Can't wait to try out "The Beach Club Resort for FIRST time!" I will definitely be checking on the DIS, if anyone has any question or pics they want taken! Woot... But nervous about my Princess half, scary but fun.....:0
Hope you have a great experience at BC. I know it's not for everybody but our family sure love it!

And good luck with your run. I know you've been sick and hampered your training but running through WDW is the best!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #3142
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

Unfortunately we don't qualify for TIW. We had already decided that getting gift cards and even Disney Dollars or travellers checks is one way we can "pre-pay" for many of the things we want to do down there (meals, snacks, souvenirs, etc).

Now we just have to figure out where we can get rolls of quarters down there for the pressed penny machines and we'll be good to go!

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #3143
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Welcome!!!! I will let you know when we are definite!! Enjoy your weekend...wherever you are going!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #3144
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I really wouldn't worry about whether or not I was getting a full balcony at YC. In the very unlikely event you would be put in the one room there that does not have one, just ask to be moved. I provided the room number just so people would know.

I LOVE, LOVE the TIW card. When you have a larger group and most of them drink wine or mixed drinks with their dinner it can be a huge savings.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #3145
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

I like the idea of using Disney gift cards for my own personalized version of the dining plan. Thanks to everyone for your input in helping me make a decision. I am going to spend this afternoon/evening @ DL with my valentine, so I am going to pick up our first Disney Gift Card......!

Jan
Old 02-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #3146
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolnini View Post
I like the idea of using Disney gift cards for my own personalized version of the dining plan. Thanks to everyone for your input in helping me make a decision. I am going to spend this afternoon/evening @ DL with my valentine, so I am going to pick up our first Disney Gift Card......!

Jan

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!

Have fun!

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #3147
1coolnini
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaygal View Post
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous!!

Have fun!
Thank you....we will have fun (we always do!).
Old 02-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #3148
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just an FYI- I will be away for a few days next week. I'll be around today and tomorrow. Although it is not a trip to the World, it is a much anticipated getaway. I’ll fill you all in when I return.

Have a great trip Dee-you deserve a break from the snow Cant wait to hear all about it when you return.

MickeyT is in charge in my absence- listen to him and play nice everyone!!! He will try to keep track of the new friends who join our merry band over the next week.

I have updated the Be Our Guest list, so I would appreciate it if everyone would look it over so I can make any necessary corrections before I leave.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

@ Mike:

I'll do one more sweep of the thread tomorrow morning, and then I will hand over the reins.

It doesn't matter to me how you track our new friends- you can either copy the existing BOG list and bold any new entries, or just list the new guests and I will input them when I get back.

Thanks so much!

Oh, and Mike, if you get a chance, could you fix the space in the IPO email address while I am gone?? Muchas Gracias!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #3149
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Question to the CL experts:

How many TS did you schedule when u stay CL. We are only planning 4 this time around. We do not have the dinning plan this time around. Cape may clam bake (must!!!) cape may breakfast with characters, T. rex and whispering canyon cafe only because we like to check out a new resort every trip.

With the selections in the lounge do u think we planned enough

We r planning HS the day we arrive -QS I don't like their TS choices

MK- we want to try BOG for QS I heard the dinner isn't all that great

Epcot we want to snack our way around but def stop at the bakery in France yum!

AKL QS for lunch again not overly excited about their TS either. We are planning Cape may for dinner this night

Hanging out at the pool one day that would be our breakfast @cape may

Day DTD =late lunch at T. rex

Last day= WL whispering canyon then the boat to MK for fireworks

Any thoughts? Good plan? Need to make changes?

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 02-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #3150
buzz1fan
I Can't wait to be back!

We are having a 2 night stay in June. Our kids like the zero entry pools and we are going just 1 day to MK. Poly only has high end rooms so that is out. What do you think about a 2 night stay here but only going to MK. On that day we will go back to resort after lunch and swim and go back to the park in the evening. How are the busses?
Day 1 we will swim and eat at resort.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: