Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #3031
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

65 Days....I have to make it 65 more days until I am enjoying a Sunken Treasure while sitting at SAB. I don't know how I am going to make it!

At least I can do on-line check in on Monday....something to keep me occupied.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #3032
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
65 Days....I have to make it 65 more days until I am enjoying a Sunken Treasure while sitting at SAB. I don't know how I am going to make it!

At least I can do on-line check in on Monday....something to keep me occupied.
Sorry, no sympathy from me. I've got 191 days.

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #3033
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
More specifically, I need a picture of a drink, one of the specialty drinks, from the new Hurricane Hanna's menu to add to the front page. I have some beautiful pictures of the Sunken Treasure, so I am looking for something different.
Quote:
I think someone replied to this (pixarmom? ALMinVA? someone else?), but I can't find that post at the moment.

According to this sign, there are set hours, however I wouldn't be surprised if those are merely "guidelines". If people experience hours that are different (expanded) from these, particularly in the summer, please report back.
Quote:
OK, I can tell, it's going to be a slushie kind of day:
Late breaking tip from pixarmom: Use your refillable mug for the slushie. Pop on the lid. Insert straw. Enjoy!
After reading this, I feel like I have very little to contribute today (see #1, below!)

1) HH and drinks. Here's where my complete relaxation on this latest trip caused me to fail. I did not ask about HH hours! I did not take any photographs of my drinks at the pool! I actually FORGOT to bring my mug to house grey goose slushie and for the first time ever, I actually drank it out of the silly plastic glass! (And there is photographic evidence of it too!)

2) Dining plan. We love love love CL, but do not love the dining plan. The reasons have been changing over the past several years, but at this point, it's because we usually do two TS per day, and no meal plan fits that. I usually order appetizers instead of entrees - not a good fit. We hardly ever order dessert with our meal. (We wasted a TON of desserts when we used the DP.) Our middle son (12) goes between adult entrees and kids' menu items, but we'd have to pay the adult price for him. We do very few fixed price and character meals at this point. We love signatures, and that would cost two credits every time. We like small frequent snacks instead of big meals. So we use TIW for discounts instead, but even if we didn't have APs, we'd still just pay OOP. If the dining plan fits your eating styles and preferences, it can be great. But definitely look over the menus and do some rough calculations to see if it fits for your family!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #3034
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Originally Posted by natebenma
More specifically, I need a picture of a drink, one of the specialty drinks, from the new Hurricane Hanna's menu to add to the front page. I have some beautiful pictures of the Sunken Treasure, so I am looking for something different.

I think someone replied to this (pixarmom? ALMinVA? someone else?), but I can't find that post at the moment. (memory loss issues)

Late breaking tip from pixarmom: Use your refillable mug for the slushie. Pop on the lid. Insert straw. Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
After reading this, I feel like I have very little to contribute today (see #1, below!)

1) HH and drinks. Here's where my complete relaxation on this latest trip caused me to fail. I did not ask about HH hours! I did not take any photographs of my drinks at the pool! I actually FORGOT to bring my mug to house grey goose slushie and for the first time ever, I actually drank it out of the silly plastic glass! (And there is photographic evidence of it too!)
You pull out and highlight a set a quotes like those (which all just happened to be posted today) and it would appear that this person has a problem. But I wouldn't start to worry unless said person is going onto an entirely DIFFERENT web forum and posting a "Drink of the Day" Countdown. Then I would seriously be concerned.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-13-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #3035
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

Hi again,

I asked a couple pages back but I think my question got lost in the shuffle, no worries at all though. I'm trying to figure out a grocery order and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the BC marketplace kids turkey sandwich has on it and if it's premade or made to order??? I'm trying to figure out what my little one will eat.

Thanks so much, can't wait to check in next week and try a new resort ))
Old 02-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #3036
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post
I keep hearing about these slushing and definitely want to try them...but where can you get them?
Grand Marnier Slush in iFrance
They are delicious

10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10

Last edited by Debrn; 02-12-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Forgot name of drink
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #3037
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I think someone replied to this (pixarmom? ALMinVA? someone else?), but I can't find that post at the moment. (memory loss issues)

You pull out and highlight a set a quotes like those (which all just happened to be posted today) and it would appear that thia person has a problem. But I wouldn't start to worry unless said person is going onto an entirely DIFFERENT web forum and posting a "Drink of the Day" Countdown. Then I would seriously start to worry.

It's all good, mon!! (trying to get the Jamaican accent in there!!)

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #3038
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Just popping in for a quick hello. I've had the post vacation blues and its Girl Scout cookie overload with me being cookie mom. Just wanted to say that I am loving seeing everyone's pictures, - I've got a few pages of the thread to catch up on. Was wishing Nemo would hit us so I could have a few days in the house but no luck!
Our next trip was going to be in August but we are thinking of skipping August and now doing January with a week in the world and then a week cruise.
it just seems so far away!

[/url]
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #3039
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Mmmm, grey goose slushies!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #3040
saquin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovergirls View Post
Hi again,

I asked a couple pages back but I think my question got lost in the shuffle, no worries at all though. I'm trying to figure out a grocery order and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the BC marketplace kids turkey sandwich has on it and if it's premade or made to order??? I'm trying to figure out what my little one will eat.

Thanks so much, can't wait to check in next week and try a new resort ))
I don't know the answer to your question about the kids sandwich but according to this review of Beach Club Marketplace from last year (scroll about halfway down the review), sandwiches on the regular menu are made to order so you can leave things off that you don't want. I don't know if it's the same with the kids items, but I'm sure if you ask they can make it how you like.

March 1978 - Contemporary ... April 1981 - HiQ on I-Drive... April 1985 - Polynesian... November 2007 - Yacht Club... November 2008 - Yacht Club... November 2011 - Beach Club... April 2012 - Beach Club... November 2012 - Beach Club... May 2013 - Beach Club... November 2013 - Beach Club... May 2014 - Beach Club
Old 02-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #3041
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saquin View Post
I don't know the answer to your question about the kids sandwich but according to this review of Beach Club Marketplace from last year (scroll about halfway down the review), sandwiches on the regular menu are made to order so you can leave things off that you don't want. I don't know if it's the same with the kids items, but I'm sure if you ask they can make it how you like.
Thank you so much for posting this!!!

Both in response to the original question and also because it has a lot of really useful info about the ingredients in a lot of the items. Very helpful for guests with food allergies or special diet needs.

The blog has links to places to find out all about the ingredients in the baked goods at the Marketplace (and other Disney places) and also lists a number of resources at Disney for families with specific food issues.

I'll link this to the first page as well as to the Marketplace threads we have.

Thanks, again!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #3042
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

We are taking the plunge and going without dining plan this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
A question then??!! Do most people opt not to do the dining plan when staying club level?
We are staying CL this year and have decided not to do the dining plan. Last time at Club Level, we found it to be too much food along with the offerings of the lounge. We had the regular plan with one sit down and one counter service. Also found the our day was always rotating around eating. Got really tired of all of the desserts- can't believe I am saying that but sometimes would have preferred an appetizer instead. Found it hard to get it all in without feeling like we were leaving credits on the table - yes, you can go to the Marketplace and use up the snack credits for the trip home, but we really didn't need all that food.

We did a mock menu to see what the $$$ would be. Granted can't predict what we actually will eat but compared it to our habits from the last trip. It looks like it will be about $500 less for our family of 5. I picture us just going over to EPCOT and having counter service when we feel motivated. Made 3 dinner ADRs for our favs. Also, some of the portions are large and I could easily split with hubby, especially when it's hot and no one has a big appetite.

If you priced it out with ordering everything that comes with the dining plan, the dining plan is probably cheaper. But again for us, we wouldn't normally order everything that comes with the plan, so that is where our savings comes in.

We love the aspect of grabbing breakfast and going. Also the snacks are plentiful and met all 5 of our needs.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #3043
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwaygal View Post
Sorry, no sympathy from me. I've got 191 days.
Hahahahahaha! I was there...it'll go by fast.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #3044
KimKamMom
This Mom's Goofy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel

It is all French-Canadian to me. lol Thanks for the correction. Now I will know which way to turn at the IG.
Does anyone know how much the slushies cost?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #3045
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKamMom View Post
Does anyone know how much the slushies cost?
It was $9.34
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: