Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #2986
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
When I did my online check-in a couple weeks ago, I think the standard options were (choose two out of the four):
  • Near Elevator
  • Lower Floor
  • Woods View
  • Larger Balcony

I had previously sent an e-mail to Member Services with a separate room request, and so with online check-in I left the choices blank in the hopes that they would not override my e-mail request. It's my first time doing online check-in... we'll see what happens.

It's my first time at BCV, so I don't have experience making these requests. But I'll let you know what I was looking for... My first choice was a high-floor woods view facing Epcot (hoping for a view of Illuminations over the trees). Second choice was to be close to the main Beach Club building and lobby (wanted quicker access to SAB and the Marketplace).

Good luck!
I am wondering if these are the most popular requests, I would want a high floor so if this is so I wonder if I have a better chance of getting it.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #2987
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I am wondering if these are the most popular requests, I would want a high floor so if this is so I wonder if I have a better chance of getting it.
Don't really have the answer for you... Are you going to be staying at the villas or at one of the resorts?

I just wanted to tell you that "your" song (well, David Bowie's) came on the radio the other day and I thought of you!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #2988
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Don't really have the answer for you... Are you going to be staying at the villas or at one of the resorts?

I just wanted to tell you that "your" song (well, David Bowie's) came on the radio the other day and I thought of you!

Hoping for the resort, still can't confirm dates due to DH's work, he's hoping to move jobs but it will be the end of July.

Nice to hear you thought of me , Bowie is so cool
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #2989
DisneyLifeMel
Mouseketeer

Hi guys... Does anyone know if the rooms with full-size balconies are more likely to have daybeds vs needing the rollaway? Thx!!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #2990
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
Hi guys... Does anyone know if the rooms with full-size balconies are more likely to have daybeds vs needing the rollaway? Thx!!
To my knowledge, the two room features are not related.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #2991
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
pixarmom (or anybody else who has recent experience with this), were people with RFID tickets getting into the parks much quicker than you? I have a 6-day park hopper that I'm planning to upgrade to an AP. i was going to upgrade it on our first day, but I'm wondering if I should just have them put the ticket on my room key so that I'll be able to use the RFID scanners and wait until the end of the trip to upgrade. Based on your experience, what do you think?

So hard to believe that I have less than 3 weeks! Time to start pulling the warm weather clothes out of storage!!!
We just got back a week ago, and have APs. I did notice the RFiD lines were shorter, except on EMH mornings, then they were longer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Here's a sneaky tip, there are always a bunch of CMs with scanners for non-RFID tickets standing at the RFID turnstiles. Walk up, ask them to scan your ticket and they will!

We did find having fewer normal turnstiles made for longer lines.
Good tip, but prob for our August trip things will have changed again. Although I'm going to try that anyway just to see. I doubt they'll have APs on the RFID bracelets by Aug, although I heard eventually they will be able to.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #2992
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
I love walking around the resort outside when its dark. It's so magical. And sitting in the rocking chairs on the back porch at night. Wonderful!
I have never sat on the porch rocking chairs! I'm loving this idea at night! It sounds peaceful.

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #2993
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGhosts View Post
Can you remember about how much is cost for a one way trip from Epcot area resort to MK resort?
We took a cab from the Poly back to YC last year it was I think $15& I gave $5 tip, so $20. Well worth it!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #2994
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Well I caved to the peer pressure and changed our standard room to a club level room and dropped the dining plan. Really looking forward to not feeling forced to spend tons of time at sit down restaurants!! Only about 50 days.

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR, 04/13 - BC
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #2995
Rileyf
Earning My Ears

Is Hurricane Hannahs open yet? What about the health club. We were at the BC in October and they were closed. We are staying at the Yacht Club in May, and I am just wondering if construction is finished yet.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #2996
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Thanks for sharing, I'm glad to hear you liked the Garden Grille. What was your fav thing in the family style meal? Did you get to see a lot of the Land? I think this is on my imaginary list for the next trip along with BOG.
I liked everything. The salad was really fresh with a good creamy dressing, served with warm rolls- i think with honey butter. The meat was turkey, beef tenderloin and a fish (I think I remember it was talapia). The mashed potatoes tasted like home made. I don't recall the other side dishes. The desert was a blueberry cobbler or something like a cobbler. My kids like the adult stuff so they had no problem bringing more adult food for them instead of the kids meal. This was on our last trip in 2011. It is on our ressie list for our June trip this year.

The rotation let you see parts of the land. The rotation was very subtle but fun for the kids.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #2997
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyf View Post
Is Hurricane Hannahs open yet? What about the health club. We were at the BC in October and they were closed. We are staying at the Yacht Club in May, and I am just wondering if construction is finished yet.
Yes! I didn't take any health club photos, but here's the new Hurricane Hanna's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Wow - great improvements over at Hurricane Hanna's! I do hope they find more permanent fencing to separate the pool from the seating area - doesn't look quite right. But the setup is great - the bar is much improved and includes seating, everything looks updated and clean and the refill mug station is in its own alcove with the condiments - not in between the bar and the counter service area. Love it!

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #2998
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
FYI- I do have the link to this series of photos accompanying the 3 photos from last year on page 1, I just can't fit them all on the YC Room Page.

Dang 25 photo limit!!!
Super speedy, Dee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Pixarmom - we stayed right near the secret YC entrance both times we stayed at YC. We were on the first floor and loved it! No traipsing through the lobby in wet bathing suits (even though I always wear a cover up!). The best part was that we were right across from the small laundry room on the 1st floor. I could just throw a load in and listen for it to be done!
I love proximity to laundry! Why is that not a bookable category? Water view, standard view, close to laundry.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #2999
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie
Well I caved to the peer pressure and changed our standard room to a club level room and dropped the dining plan. Really looking forward to not feeling forced to spend tons of time at sit down restaurants!! Only about 50 days.
A question then??!! Do most people opt not to do the dining plan when staying club level?

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 02-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #3000
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakacie View Post
Good going!
Here is a complimentary Bacon Wrapped Scallop to celebrate your new choice!

~NM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: