Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #16
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Beach and Yacht Club Community Page

Are you staying at the Yacht or Beach Club or the Beach Club Villas and want to meet or be recognized by other DIS'ers? Thanks to a wonderful design from RustManFan of the Creative Designs Forum, and the enthusiasm of DIS'er Janloz, we now have fashionable pins available upon request and free of charge!

Thanks to a very generous offer by Nannette, we can once again start distributing Yacht and Beach Club pins.

Please note that this is entirely a volunteer project by everyone involved so your patience and courtesy is appreciated!

Postage expenses are being generously covered by Nannette!

If you would like to request one, please PM Nannette at least one month prior to your visit to the YC/BC/BCV, providing your arrival month, name and a mailing address. Please note that since we are mailing the pins, you will need to provide an address to Nannette so you must be comfortable with that arrangement. You may use an office address or even a friend's address if you prefer to keep some confidentiality.

Please note that the pins will be sent out on a first requested, first mailed basis, but if there are multiple requests in a short period of time, Nannette may delay the mailing of your pin to help spread out the postage expense, especially if your vacation is a few months away. The goal will be to send the pins no later than 3 weeks before your vacation, so please give plenty of time when you make your request.

Due to the limited quantities available, we must limit requests to 1 pin per family so everyone who wants one will have the opportunity to get one.

Dis User Name: nannette
She has a post on the next page (???) of this thread so you can left mouse click to "send PM to nannette"

July 2012 Yacht & Beach Club 3rd Annual DIS meet:

Sunday July 22, 6 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

Here are a couple of photos from the Y&BC DIS meet on Sunday.

The first picture is DisneyDadinPA and his wife, with Lauren(The Magical One), another CM at the resort and Teena.

Here is the rest of the group:

Here is a closeup of one of the "Flat" visitors:

There was also a visit from the 3 Caballeros- I'm not sure if I have a closeup of this.

Expected attendees: TeenaS, Disneymomx7 (Robyn), Magical One (Lauren), catho72, tinacaplan, Flat Dee (Natebenma) and friends

And there was a surprise appearance by YCFan!!!

Be there or Be Square! said Flat Dee who is more like a rectangle...

July 2011 Second Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS meet and surprise "Nanny Shower":

Monday July 25, 6 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

Thanks for the photos, kldmom2000!

For more pictures from the meet/shower, check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post42109256

Expected attendees: TeenaS, Disneymomx7 (Robyn), jennb, lov2b@disney (Sandy), kldmom2000, YCFAN, Magical One (Lauren), jultomzach (maybe), Flat Dee (Natebenma), Flat pixarmom

August 2010 Yacht & Beach Club DIS meet:

Thanks for the photo, LovintheLodge!

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, and WDW4us2006 for the photos!

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

Last edited by natebenma; 02-26-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Yacht and Beach Club Voluptuous Noodle Swap Historical Page

I am sorry to inform everyone that the resort will no longer allow pool noodles to be held in storage and passed between guests, so the private Noodle Swap coordinated on the BC/YC FAQ thread has been discontinued. Bell Services will no longer be permitted to accept or keep noodles turned in to them.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the swap! The posters on the this forum were able to successfully execute a pool noodle swap from June 2011 until September 2012. It was certainly fun and lasted a lot longer than anyone ever imagined when we started this!

Meet the Noodle Family:

Paul, Pastina, Penne and Ramen

They will making their first visit to Disney World and the Beach Club in June 2011. They have decided to take up permanent residence at the resort and will be spending time with different families as part of a "noodle relocation program"

************************************************** ********************************************

Well, after their introduction to the Beach Club/Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay, the Noodle Family has decided to stick around. The first handoff was successful!

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

(Photo) "Diary of a Non-Wimpy Noodle"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63237606@N03/

December 2011 antics by heatherbabydoll1:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=413

Here's Bellebookworm9 enjoying the Noodle Family in October 2011:

The Noodles are having a little International Fun with ChipNDaleRule's family:

Anticipating the Upcoming Olympic Games- Is there a Yoga Competition???

Celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee

The Noodles Get Married, August 22, 2012
Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Pinkgirl wanted to take them back to the UK, but, surprisingly, the noodles were inflexible. They wanted to stay at Stormalong Bay. Can't say I blame them!

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
IN MARCH 2012, THE NOODLES WENT MISSING!

Are they pool hopping at another Disney resort? (why would they?)
Did they leave along with Matthew, Johnny or Robert after their guest appearances at Captains Grille?
Or did a more nefarious fate befall the family???

We have a few leads and have assembled a crack (crack-pot?) team of imaginary detectives to solve the case of the Great Noodle Caper (mmm... noodles with capers...). We will let you all know what Thomas Magnum, Jessica Fletcher, Barnaby Jones or the team from Scooby Doo discover.
(Check the abandoned Wonders of Life Pavilion- old man Jones was seen skulking about)

Update- due to the generosity of guests, a new set of noodles "resurfaced" and the swap continued for several additional months.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #18
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Lily's Pad:

I know a lot of you are new to the thread- there is a lot of history here and a lot of great friendships made in past versions of this thread, but I want to introduce Teena to anyone who doesn't know her (yet).

Teena is a greeter in the lobby of the Beach Club

Look for her on Sundays and Mondays unless she and Bob are on one of their treasured cruises to Castaway Cay or out visiting her two shining lights in Vegas, her daughter Jeanne and her first grandchild, Lily born in July.

We were all eagerly awaiting "Peanut's" arrival in the months leading up to July and even had some fun, friendly competition to guess her birthdate and whether she was a Princess or a Pirate.

Lily's arrival was a very special moment for our beloved Teena in a year that has been tough due to some health issues. She bravely shared what she was going through with all of us, once again, in an attempt to help others who may be facing similar challenges.

Teena has faithfully posted on this board and has helped us all gain great knowlege about these resorts, so many of us who hang around here can now also answer the questions that are posted here.

I will occasionally post the photos she provides to me, because, well, Teena may know everything there is to know about the Beach Club but she don't know beans about technology!

Princess Lily!!!

Disney (and the Beach Club’s) newest princess has arrived:

Lillian (Lily) Grace
Born 7/11/11, 7:59 am
6 Lbs, 11 oz, 20 inches

Please note that Lillian is a name truly worthy of Disney royalty as this was the name of Walt’s wife.

It also goes without saying that 7 come 11 is a great date for a baby born in Las Vegas!

Congratulations to Jeanne and Brian and to proud Nanny Teena and Pop Pop Bob!

Lily at 2 weeks old:

Lily at 3 months old:

Lily's First Halloween- Disney-style of Course:

Lily and her parents were first place winners in the Best Group Costume Category.

Teena's grandaughter is an adorable Dalmation!

Lily at Christmastime:

Lily, October 2012

Jeanne, Teena and Lily:

BTW- Kudos to Cinderumbrella (July 10) and 333disneymom (July 12) who came closest in the "Is Peanut a Princess or a Pirate" pool-
Honorable Mention goes to BCV23 for having the correct date (July 11), but the wrong gender!

Last edited by natebenma; 02-26-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

to our new home, friends!!!

A few mousekeeping issues:

Don't forget to subscribe to the new thread

If you are providing a link to this thread in your address, please change it to this:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025785

2012 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part 4: November

PLEASE check the Be Our Guest list to see if your information is listed correctly- if not, post any changes here

If you find any links that don't work, or any other errors please let me know.

If you have an outstanding question or discussion from the previous thread, feel free to bump it up and repost here.

Best way to get in touch with me is by email beachclubdee@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Dee

Last edited by natebenma; 11-27-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #21
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Yes. I get to be first. Two pages......I have got to get you a website!!!!!
Thanks again for everything.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #22
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Yes. I get to be first. Two pages......I have got to get you a website!!!!!
Thanks again for everything.
You're quick!!!

and congrats!

Yeah, I have a hard time editing, so the First Page just keeps getting bigger...and stretches to another page!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #23
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Protecting Valuables at Stormalong Bay (or other pools)

Carried over from previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amommy21 View Post
The beach club pool is so big, what do you do with your stuff? Room key a few dollars a cell and camera? Just leave it in a beach bag laying on a chair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

As a general rule, I wouldn't leave anything you would be upset to lose on a chair at Stormalong Bay, or anyplace for that matter.

I would feel comfortable leaving a few dollars and your room key in my bag, and I have left my cell phone, but my suggestion is to lock up your camera/cell/valuables in one of the complimentary lockers near Poolside Gifts/Poolside Drinks or leave it behind in your room.

Here's a post from the FAQ on Page 1:

Can I use Stormalong Bay on my checkout day?

Yes! You will still have your room key after you check out, and you still need to show it to the CMs before entering the pool area. You can store large bags with Bell Services. You may also use the lockers and showers/changing room at the Health Club (see below for pictures of the lockers in the Health Club- Men's room). There are FREE lockers available as well - get the key from PoolSide Gifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I have one of those (semi ) waterproof thingys that hang around your neck, can be bought at resort store. I use it for my cash, gift cards I use for dining/drinks, and kttw card. I leave my cell phone in room safe. If I bring my camera, I'd use the poolside locker.
Quote:
DOH!!! That is a fantastic suggestion, and one that my family uses! We have a couple of waterproof pouches- they are actually pretty watertight. We either got them online or at an outdoor store like LLBean or EMS. Google "water wallets"

Last edited by natebenma; 11-27-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #24
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Best Ticket Prices

Carried over from previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springdragon2727 View Post
So as a complete newbie to WDW and this forum, I asked this question already on the pre trip boards, and it seems like so far,the corporate dealive been given on tickets has been the best?

"So, I earned a trip for the family via Team Beachbody, and am due to go to WDW in March 2013. Thankfully, they chose our hotel for us (Yacht Club) so that is one thing I don't have to agonize over: boom, it's done.

Thing is, I gotta spring for the tickets, and I guess I was shocked by the cost. I've compared the corporate rate we got to the Disneyworld site prices, to undercover tourist, etc. I've even tried to see if AAA has any deals here in Texas.

For a 4 day base ticket (so far, we are not choosing to park hop due to the age of our kids, but that can change), for 2 adults, 3 kids (3,5,8), the price with tax is $1,178, or, $230.40 (adult), $215.10 kids, plus tax.

Seems like the most solid deal based on corporate rate that I have dug up. What do you think? Good, bad, average? Any suggestions to find better deals?

Oh, and WOW, the huge discounts for Florida residents!!!! My goodness!"

Any ideas about better ticket prices?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalla View Post
Welcome to the board!!! sticker shock is common when newbies first price tickets, but I can say that it is totally worth the price!

Just imagine if you had to spring for the room at YC also??? Beachbody picked an AWESOME resort for your stay (the best one if you ask any of us on this thread). Location can't be beat.

Park hopping is a pretty nice perk, so don't throw that one out the window just yet Depending on if the time you are visiting is crazy busy...hopping to another park is a great idea. Not to mention that you are in walking distance to EPCOT. We always end our days at EPCOT...usually heading over there for dinner or dessert and a stroll through the countries. An adult beverage doesn't hurt the evening either!!!

You won't find great deals on the tickets, because basically Disney doesn't have to discount them. But imagine the memories you will be making when you use them.

Happy Planning!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Welcome!!

Read this page and see if that helps. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I'm not a ticket wizard so I can't help you better than the folks that hang out at the above ticket thread can. When you're done with them be sure to come back and let us know how you are making out. Also be sure to read the first page of this BC/YC thread as it has a gold mine of info about the resort.

Finally, this thread will be shutting down at around 250 pages but never fear, it will pop up again shortly with all that same good info on page 1 again.

Good luck with those ticket prices!

~NM
Quote:
The one piece of advice I can give you is that adding on the hoppers to your tickets (is it still $50 plus tax?) is the same price whether you do it in advance or during your trip. So you don't need to add it until and unless you need to. If you decide on your second day that you want to hop to a different park you can pay for the upgrade then. If you decide you don't need to hop, you don't have to add it.

That being said, as ocalla mentioned, being so close to EPCOT makes having park hoppers very attractive.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springdragon2727 View Post
Awesome! Yes, it's about $50 to upgrade each ticket, and I posted in this Yacht club thread be ause I figure y'all would have good info regarding getting from A to Z and the tricks of the trade! Getting more excited as things roll forward!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Congrats on winning such an awesome trip!
The cheapest tickets I can see (I don't get corporate rate) is on UT for adult 4 day ticket incl tax $255.95. That's the buy 3 day and get 1 day free. Thru link from Mousesavers.com. Shipping is free.
The park hopper for adult is $312.75 incl tax & free shipping. when comparing prices be sure to check tax, some sites like UT show it up front, and some don't show till check out.

When ticket shopping beware some sites also charge for shipping at check out.

I have used Undercover Tourist a couple of times and have been happy with their service. They ship you real tickets, not vouchers, and shipping is prompt, even to Canada
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #25
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Good morning! Trying to beat the crowd over to the new thread. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #26
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Yay! A big, shiny new thread, just in time for my trip!

Thank you for all you do, Dee!!!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 11-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #27
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Hello everybody and here's a huge thanks to our wonderful list maven Dee, the person who keeps this well oiled BC/YC/BCV FAQ running!

~NM
Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #28
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Hi!

We are hoping to be at the Beach Club from May 15 - 20 if all goes well! We are just a wee bit excited about this possibility!

I may be coming here with lots of questions!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #29
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Dee: Another success!!! Love the new place........much more floor space than the last one

Thanks for all you do to keep us BC/YC fans happy!

Missy
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal 11/14 - AoA 12/14 - Disney Soccer Showcase
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie:cat
Old 11-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #30
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

First question...is there somewhere to get Mickey Waffles for breakfast at the Beach Club? Sorry for the silly question, probably the first of many from me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: