Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #2971
LoriC1964
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing the secret door tip!

5/96 ASM, 5/97 POFQ, 5/99 SOG, 11/01 POR, 09/02 off site, 09/10 ASSp, 08/11 WL, 8/12: split stay, checked into AoA on Lion King opening day; also 3 days at CR and 2 days at AKL; 08/13: split stay, Pop and POFQ
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #2972
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
I did my online check-in last night, and I believe it was required to add the credit card info. Though I was sort of in a hurry, and had planned to do it anyway.
I'm pretty sure that it is not required to enter credit card info on online check-in. I used it twice for my upcoming trip (split stay) and I didn't enter it either time. It looks like you have to enter it, but you can click continue without giving the information.

Is there a way for two different credit cards to be linked to the same room? My mom and I are staying together. It would be nice if her room key connected to her credit card and the same for me.

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #2973
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We stayed near the secret door at YC last year and it was wonderful! Going to/fro our room, the secret entrance allowed us to avoid the lobby, elevator and winding through the hallways. Just hop down the stairs and we're right there on the path to DHS, Epcot, SAB and everything else! Otherwise, we'd have to walk all the way through the halls to the elevator, down to the lobby and out to the path, walking in a big circle to get to the same place that was pretty much right below our room. Just loved the convenience of that little door.
Thanks! That makes sense. Are there only one set of elevators in YC?

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 02-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #2974
hiwaygal
Only someone as wonderful as Donna can receive my picture PM's
aka Roadie
They must have been men
Is it Friday yet?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Please check the Be Our Guest list to make sure your information is listed correctly. It is entirely possible that a post or two got buried during the Blizzard of 2013, so if I missed you, I apologize!!!

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Could you add us please? DH and I are staying YC Club Level 8/23 - 9/1.

And does anyone know if IPO/Club Level staff still email about 90 days in advance of your trip?

The gift of happiness belongs to those who unwrap it.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #2975
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Dee: in regards to room 5163 at the YC, I believe the category for that room is YC CL LV not GV. It is two doors down from the Presidential suite on the front of the building. It has no balcony at all due to the way the building is made. I think it is the only one on CL without a balcony.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #2976
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

I was just looking at my pictures and the windows for room 5163 are on the side of the building. I was told that was a LV but now I am questioning that too and maybe it is a GV. Teena: do you know? Can you clarify? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #2977
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom
OK, now that we've been home for a week, I'm catching up on the thread more and just wanted to throw in my two cents here and there regarding some old questions!

Just wanted to add our experience with APs and separate room keys from our 1/26-2/3 stay. First, the system was experiencing significant technical difficulties. At Poly, everything was entirely down when we arrived, and then a glitch prevented us from linking our CC to our room keys unless we entirely re-booked our reservation. CMs at BWI said it's been tough, but they were able to work everything out.

So with APs, we could not use the RFID scanners for park entry. And guests were in tight quarters at MK because a giant "box" (presumably containing new scanners) consumed a significant portion of the entry plaza. We had the same experience at AK EMH as ALMinVA - a CM with a scanner scanned our APs because we weren't connected to the RFID stuff. I noticed a separate RFID line at DHS, but not at Epcot - either front entrance or IG. If they are there, we didn't notice them - just beelined for the regular turnstiles, knowing that we need to insert our paper APs.)
pixarmom (or anybody else who has recent experience with this), were people with RFID tickets getting into the parks much quicker than you? I have a 6-day park hopper that I'm planning to upgrade to an AP. i was going to upgrade it on our first day, but I'm wondering if I should just have them put the ticket on my room key so that I'll be able to use the RFID scanners and wait until the end of the trip to upgrade. Based on your experience, what do you think?

So hard to believe that I have less than 3 weeks! Time to start pulling the warm weather clothes out of storage!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #2978
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post
pixarmom (or anybody else who has recent experience with this), were people with RFID tickets getting into the parks much quicker than you? I have a 6-day park hopper that I'm planning to upgrade to an AP. i was going to upgrade it on our first day, but I'm wondering if I should just have them put the ticket on my room key so that I'll be able to use the RFID scanners and wait until the end of the trip to upgrade. Based on your experience, what do you think?

So hard to believe that I have less than 3 weeks! Time to start pulling the warm weather clothes out of storage!!!
Here's a sneaky tip, there are always a bunch of CMs with scanners for non-RFID tickets standing at the RFID turnstiles. Walk up, ask them to scan your ticket and they will!

We did find having fewer normal turnstiles made for longer lines.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #2979
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Natebenma

Sorry to change BOG again but...

My BFF ( our girls are too) is staying at AKL 1st part of our trip she just booked last week, and offered me points, so since I've always wanted to try AK and this was an amazing deal we are doing a split
AKV studio savanna view' then heading to YC CL 3/1-3/5
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #2980
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys

Can you add me too!? We are celebrating 10 Years of marriage and renewing our vows! Staying at BCV!! April 11 at AOA and then 12-19 at BCV

Anyone know if I should put in a special room/floor request
You can put in a request. It just depends on what you are looking for. There are 3 basic areas - pool view, woods view, or view facing towards Solarium (think it is called Courtyard view?). You can also request a patio or higher floor. I've had both pool and woods view and found both relaxing. Let me know if you have any other questions or need more specifics.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #2981
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Can you add me too!? We are celebrating 10 Years of marriage and renewing our vows! Staying at BCV!! April 11 at AOA and then 12-19 at BCV

Anyone know if I should put in a special room/floor request
When I did my online check-in a couple weeks ago, I think the standard options were (choose two out of the four):
  • Near Elevator
  • Lower Floor
  • Woods View
  • Larger Balcony

I had previously sent an e-mail to Member Services with a separate room request, and so with online check-in I left the choices blank in the hopes that they would not override my e-mail request. It's my first time doing online check-in... we'll see what happens.

It's my first time at BCV, so I don't have experience making these requests. But I'll let you know what I was looking for... My first choice was a high-floor woods view facing Epcot (hoping for a view of Illuminations over the trees). Second choice was to be close to the main Beach Club building and lobby (wanted quicker access to SAB and the Marketplace).

Good luck!

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #2982
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriC1964 View Post
I knew about the secret door at BC, but please tell me where the secret door is at YC!
Hi Lori! Dee posted my YC secret entrance photos from last year, and I recently posted a photo walk from the YC lobby to the secret entrance, in case it's helpful:

Quote:
So let's start at the YC lobby, looking out towards the lighthouse.

Walk straight towards the lighthouse:

Then turn right:

The YC secret entrance is straight ahead:

When you reach it, the marina is on your left:

And the gazebo is on your right:

Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #2983
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
I'm pretty sure that it is not required to enter credit card info on online check-in. I used it twice for my upcoming trip (split stay) and I didn't enter it either time. It looks like you have to enter it, but you can click continue without giving the information.
I checked in online last month without providing credit card info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
Thanks! That makes sense. Are there only one set of elevators in YC?
Not sure - I know there are two sets at BC, but I don't know about YC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3 View Post

We didn't think the lines were long for the non-RFID crowd at all. We stepped right through the turnstiles at MK. We only went to AK on an EMH morning. For DHS, we did one EMH and the the other morning they had so many turnstiles open for the regular tickets that the regular lines were actually shorter than the RFID lines that day. And there were never any lines at the International Gateway during this trip. After our AK morning (second full day of the trip,) we noticed the scanner CMs behind the RFID posts, but chose to stick with the regular turnstiles.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #2984
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Lori! Dee posted my YC secret entrance photos from last year, and I recently posted a photo walk from the YC lobby to the secret entrance, in case it's helpful:
FYI- I do have the link to this series of photos accompanying the 3 photos from last year on page 1, I just can't fit them all on the YC Room Page.

Dang 25 photo limit!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #2985
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom - we stayed right near the secret YC entrance both times we stayed at YC. We were on the first floor and loved it! No traipsing through the lobby in wet bathing suits (even though I always wear a cover up!). The best part was that we were right across from the small laundry room on the 1st floor. I could just throw a load in and listen for it to be done!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: