Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #2911
2mom
Earning My Ears

Thank you I had no idea how to get to other resorts.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #2912
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

I've just made some Rice Whiskey Treats which are setting in the fridge as we speak!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #2913
rusty4
DIS Veteran

Dee,

That looks beautiful and cold! How long before they start plowing the side streets? Any word yet?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #2914
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Just a note about transferring at a park in order to reach another resort... I tried this a couple times in the morning and found that they were not running buses from the park to the resort. (I was a bit of confused by this since the buses dropping people off would have to go back to resorts to pick up more guests???). Anyway in my case it worked out because I was trying to get to the Poly and the bus to TTC was running. Then it was an easy walk from there.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #2915
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
"Green Dot" is when you are currently online/active on the site. Red is offline.
Thanks Medicgirl for the quick response! You rock!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 02-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #2916
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Look down at the lower left hand corner of your user profile. You should see a green dot that indicates you are on the DIS. If you scroll up, you will see some of the dots are clear or grey, indicating the user is off doing something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
It means that Dee is on the DIS. When one is signed in, a small green dot appears next to your posts.
More quick responses from Natebenma & BVC23! Thank you so much! You guys are so welcoming to a newby! I also learned how to do a double quote from your great step by step advice Natebenma!!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #2917
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeck View Post
Hello All. Hope you NewEnglanders and New Yorkers are surviving the bad weather. Philadelphia got a dusting..

We just booked our trip to the Beach Club for Early June (10th thru 17th). I can't wait to see what it's like there during warmer weather (December was freezing this past year).

I wanted to book a different restaurant for dinner. We usually do Epcot, Cape May Cafe or one of the MK resort restaurants. How hard is it to get to Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon) from BC? Any suggested routes? Any other favorite restaurants you can suggest near BC (easy to get to from BC)?

thanks.
stay warm!
di
We take the bus to MK, then hop on the WL boat. We really enjoy that boat ride. Or if you feel like shopping or looking around CR like we do sometimes, there is another boat that goes to WL behind CR, the dock is just past the pool.
WCC is fun, be sure you ask for ketchup
I've heard good things about Artist Point too.
We like Captains Grille in YC. There are lots of restaurants along the Boardwalk. This August we plan on a Boardwalk Crawl and try them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
I'm glad to hear you liked the Sci Fi, before I found Dis I would get disney travel books from library & buy the Unofficial Guide before each trip, and read the several hundred pages (enjoying every minute) in each book, & they always gave such negative reviews we never tried it.

At the Brown Derby DH & I each got the Cobb salad for appetizer (Deluxe Dining Plan), after we got it we realized it was so big we could of split it, though DH had his made to order by chef as he has a allergy to fish which is a base for the dressing. I think I had Charred-glazed Filet of Beef, which was delicious. The guide books hyped up the grapefruit cake (& im a big lover of grapefruit) but I'd have to say it was one of the few thing on the trip I didn't like. I love the atmosphere, and it was totally what I thought an old Hollywood haunt would look like inside.

The GF tea sounds awesome!
Love The Uofficial Guide. They give some really good advice. And learned how to tour the parks with them!! Don't know why they didn't like Sci Fi. Your right about the lack of good food at DHS. So that's a good lunch option for us, along with 50's. their fried chicken is really good! Starring Rolls has good sandwiches, and cupcakes to die for
Boy, you put down the salad and entree!!! . We went for lunch, and that salad is a meal in itself. We wanted to save room for the grapefruit cake too. I liked it, but nothing I'd go out of my way for. I think we may book a lunch there again for this next trip.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #2918
hill6
DIS Veteran

Dee good luck to you and your family. Having power is a good thing. I have friends in Hull, MA, Commack, NY (30") and Hamden, CT (40"). They are posting their stories and photos on Facebook.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #2919
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Powers back on
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #2920
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Just a note about transferring at a park in order to reach another resort... I tried this a couple times in the morning and found that they were not running buses from the park to the resort. (I was a bit of confused by this since the buses dropping people off would have to go back to resorts to pick up more guests???). Anyway in my case it worked out because I was trying to get to the Poly and the bus to TTC was running. Then it was an easy walk from there.
I'm not sure if this is true in all cases.

When we were staying at the CR in 2010, we wanted to go over to the BC resort in the morning, so we walked to MK to get a bus to the BC. At first we thought that since the park had just opened they wouldn't be running buses back to the resort, and there was no one in the lines for the resort buses. After standing in the BC bus line for only a couple of minutes, I saw a transit supervisor so I went over to ask him if the buses were running to the resorts and he said that as soon as he saw us he had called for a bus to come, and that we just needed to wait a few more minutes.

I think they may not have regular buses running from the parks to the resorts in the morning, but they do call one over if they see people waiting in the lines.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014

Last edited by JanetMom; 02-10-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #2921
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
I'm not sure if this is true in all cases.

When we were staying at the CR in 2010, we wanted to go over to the BC resort in the morning, so we walked to MK to get a bus to the BC. At first we thought that since the park had just opened they wouldn't be running buses back to the resort, and there was no one in the lines for the resort buses. After standing in the BC bus line for only a couple of minutes, I saw a transit supervisor so I went over to ask him if the buses were running to the resorts and he said that as soon as he saw us he had called for a bus to come, and that we just needed to wait a few more minutes.

I think they may not have regular buses running from teh parks to the resorts in the morning, but they do call one over if they see people waiting in the lines.
I think it's definitely better to try to talk to a CM at the bus stop, than to just wait there and assume there's a bus coming.

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #2922
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Love The Uofficial Guide. They give some really good advice. And learned how to tour the parks with them!! Don't know why they didn't like Sci Fi. Your right about the lack of good food at DHS. So that's a good lunch option for us, along with 50's. their fried chicken is really good! Starring Rolls has good sandwiches, and cupcakes to die for
Boy, you put down the salad and entree!!! . We went for lunch, and that salad is a meal in itself. We wanted to save room for the grapefruit cake too. I liked it, but nothing I'd go out of my way for. I think we may book a lunch there again for this next trip.
The Guidebook pretty much sad the Sci Fi was cool inside, but food just so so.

We did 50s prime time 2 trips ago, it didn't wow me, but it wasn't bad either.

I ate some of salad & most of the filet. Next time DH & I will need to split the salad.

I've always want to try Garden Grille & noe BOG. Have you been to either, what do you think of them if you have?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM   #2923
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
Dee good luck to you and your family. Having power is a good thing. I have friends in Hull, MA, Commack, NY (30") and Hamden, CT (40"). They are posting their stories and photos on Facebook.
Thanks! We consider ourselves very lucky. We didn't really have any issue to complain about. Except school is closed tomorrow. Not thrilled with that.

So incredible to hear about the places that got 3+ feet!

Just saw pictures on Facebook and the news of kids sledding down a street in Charlestown that hasn't been plowed yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Powers back on
So glad to hear that!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #2924
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Just wanted to add to the EagleScout's reply above:

I think the main reason to do the advanced online checkin is so that you don't have to wait in a potentially long check-in line*. At CL, the line is going to be the same (usually none) whether you did online or not.

* Although with the new MDE stuff, that may change and there may be further advantages.

Your room should already be assigned based on your requests and I don't necessarily think the online checkin will have an impact on whether or not the room requests are granted. I think... The online checkin mainly ensures that your keys and packet are ready when you arrive. You don't have to wait for the info to be entered into the computer.

I haven't done the online checkin. What are the options provided for room requests? It's still a set checklist, right? Or can you add a request in words?

I'm honestly not sure if checking in 10 days in advance, with a request of a full balcony gives you a better shot at the balcony than if you just arrive and checkin at the desk in person.

Anyone have opinions about that?
I have really changed my view of online check-in recently. For our recent stay, I phoned in our requests for Poly and BWI. Because we stayed CL at BWI, I also reiterated our request in an e-mail to IPO. But a few things changed my view of online check-in:

1) The new ability to confirm specific requests during the on-line check in process. The system allowed me to check "Boardwalk view" at BWI and choose both a specific longhouse and 3rd floor at Poly. Wow - when I saw that, I decided it was worth doing. So while it's a set checklist, it's a checklist of requests that are actually right on point and very useful! So if you can check "large balcony" for BC now, I'll do online check-in from now on at BC, too.

2) I decided that after noting my requests in 2-3 places for each resort, I was going to be done. I was going to take what they assigned, unless we arrived at the room and found something wrong with it. In that case, I'd go back to the regular front desk line and sort it out. But no need - it was all good.

And with online check-in available 60 days in advance, something about it was just more compelling than in the past.

It worked VERY well on this trip. Both Poly and BWI granted our EXACT requests. Even though we stayed CL at BWI, and there was no issue of long lines for check-in, I wanted to get that "boardwalk view" request in everywhere I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifeMel View Post
PixarMom

Regarding the soy milk, something called Pearl was in stock at BC Marketplace last October. I think it's soy milk. You can see it near the milk in the photo of the case in my BC Marketplace photo thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007564

Thanks for the info on the Pearl Soy Milk. Looks like single serve, which is fine, since it is only one DS & myself who drink it. I usually keep it handy for coffee anyway. I know many coffee spots in WDW have it in stock, but I try not to depend on it. And no one in my family wants to deal with Mama until she has had her coffee. lol

And thanks too for all of your wonderful photos. I, too, have found our spot at SAB. I think I am even more excited now than I was before... if that is even possible.

Yay! Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mom View Post
Is the best way back from AK resort, poly and WL either taxi or bus to epcot then walk back to yacht club. We have ADR's there and I'm trying to get the plan together.
I am a huge fan of taxis from the Epcot resort area to the MK or AK resorts and back for dinner. Just cab direct from resort to resort and no need to go through a park. No worries about the timing and more time to relax at YC! It's worth the extra cost to us. We'll take Disney transportation for ADRs in parks or if our ADR is in the same resort area.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #2925
PittPantherfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
The Guidebook pretty much sad the Sci Fi was cool inside, but food just so so.

We did 50s prime time 2 trips ago, it didn't wow me, but it wasn't bad either.

I ate some of salad & most of the filet. Next time DH & I will need to split the salad.

I've always want to try Garden Grille & noe BOG. Have you been to either, what do you think of them if you have?
We have eaten at Garden Grille and loved it. It is a less hectic character interaction and we saw the characters a lot during dinner. Food was good and plentiful. It seemed really fresh. My kids loved it. We did it the first night and then hopped the monorail to MK. For us, our vacation doesn't seem to really start until we get to MK.

2003 Cocoa Beach/2006 Marriott Horizons-Harbour Lake/2007 Marriott Cypress Harbour/2009 Sheraton Vistana Villages
May 2011 Beach Club CL/June 2013 Beach Club CL

SADLY NO TICKER- No return trip planned yet
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: