Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #2851
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
No power since 10pm.
No coffee but we have hot chocolate & tea
Propane so can use stove top
Thank goodness Internet for all able to log on through cell service.
No water (well & septic)
No heat( we are all snuggled up in my bedroom with a nice fire)

6 days on antibiotics and my head is pounding again so congested
Lots of resting, leaving the shoveling to the DBF and DS

Thanks for checking in. Sending your way that all will be restored soon. Take care of yourself!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #2852
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Looks like MagicBands will be tested in the parks soon. I keep hearing occasional rumors that YC/BC will be involved early on.

WDWMagic Article

Quote:
The final component of the NextGen MyMagic+ experience is set to begin testing in the parks late next week.

MagicBands will be given to a limited number of guests during a small trial period, where the full spectrum of MyMagic+ will be tested in real-world use for the first time. Wearing the MagicBands allows the guest to 'Touch to Enter' at the parks main entrance, 'Touch to Pay' at shops and quick service restaurants, touch for FASTPASS+ access to attractions, and 'Touch to Enter' room access. Test Track will become the first attraction where the MagicBands can be used as part of the experience, in place of the white cards that are currently used in the design studio.

The standard MagicBands are expected to be available in a range of colors, red, black, blue, green, pink, orange and yellow. Disney has also said that special designer MagicBands will be available at an additional cost.

It is expected that once this initial MagicBand test is complete, the rollout will continue in phases to a full deployment of MyMagic+ during the remainder of 2013.

Read more about MyMagic+ and see our FAQ.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #2853
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

I believe at 9 am, when EPCOT opens. Normally places in the World Showcase are not open until 11 am

I can't remember- on EMH mornings, does the bakery open at 8 am or still 9 am?

Did someone post the blog link on this thread? If so, please repost, if you can.
I didn't realise you could visit the WS before it opened - are any other shops etc. open?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 02-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #2854
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

I'M COMING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After cheating on BCV (again) due to high occupancy during Marathon Weekend, we just booked our next trip! My wife, my brother, my sister-in-law, and my nephew will be at VWL from 7/21-7/24, then 7/24-7/27 at BCV!!!!! We would have preferred the whole week at BCV, but I think my nephew will really enjoy both. Put me on the Be Our Guest List please!
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 02-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #2855
V4dice
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks, again!

You are very welcome! This thread has been helping me keep warm thoughts through the snow storm! I also posted my room view pictures on your room view thread. Thanks again for all the helpful info and tips!

Hope everyone made it through the storm warm and safe.

Last edited by V4dice; 02-09-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #2856
Angeejoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
I didn't realise you could visit the WS before it opened - are any other shops etc. open?
The WS is not really open, just the cafe in France, so you can't walk past the france area. If your coming thru WS enterance (aka the Epcot resort enterance), you walk past England & Canada but nothing's open. If you have am breakfast reservation @ norways Akershus, you can walk as far as Norway & that's it. The 1 store is open in Akershus that sells princess stuff ( because of princess breakfast), but that's it. It is really cool to walk thru there since not many people are there, you can get great pics before the crowd rolls in.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #2857
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeck View Post
Hello All. Hope you NewEnglanders and New Yorkers are surviving the bad weather. Philadelphia got a dusting..

We just booked our trip to the Beach Club for Early June (10th thru 17th). I can't wait to see what it's like there during warmer weather (December was freezing this past year).

I wanted to book a different restaurant for dinner. We usually do Epcot, Cape May Cafe or one of the MK resort restaurants. How hard is it to get to Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon) from BC? Any suggested routes? Any other favorite restaurants you can suggest near BC (easy to get to from BC)?

thanks.
stay warm!
di
I second Flying Fish. If you enjoy risotto, be sure to order that even if just as a side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
No power since 10pm.
No coffee but we have hot chocolate & tea
Propane so can use stove top
Thank goodness Internet for all able to log on through cell service.
No water (well & septic)
No heat( we are all snuggled up in my bedroom with a nice fire)

6 days on antibiotics and my head is pounding again so congested
Lots of resting, leaving the shoveling to the DBF and DS
So sorry. Hope power is restored soon.

Stay safe everyone in NE. Those of you with power, enjoy the blizzard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
Looks like MagicBands will be tested in the parks soon. I keep hearing occasional rumors that YC/BC will be involved early on.

WDWMagic Article
Thanks for the update. Very exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post

After cheating on BCV (again) due to high occupancy during Marathon Weekend, we just booked our next trip! My wife, my brother, my sister-in-law, and my nephew will be at VWL from 7/21-7/24, then 7/24-7/27 at BCV!!!!! We would have preferred the whole week at BCV, but I think my nephew will really enjoy both. Put me on the Be Our Guest List please!
Congrats and Welcome Home!

pixarmom, glad you had such a relaxing vacation. As always, you've done a superb job with photos. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #2858
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The French Bakery just started opening early within the last month, but no other shops open in WS at this time.

When you are at the EPCOT resorts, you can enter the International Gateway at park opening (9 am) and walk through an empty UK and Canada on your way to Future World. Now you are also able to visit the French Bakery too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post

home!!!

I'll add you to the list.

You'd better stick around this time!!!

It does sound like a nice split.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #2859
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Cool, will have a potter along for brekkie at least one morning then

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #2860
tortoni
DIS Veteran

Grateful for power today, even though the winds continue to howl and blow around the 2 feet of snow. Total travel ban will have me catching up on this thread and the lovely pics from pixarmom. Dee, will be looking forward to your Atlantis report for further warm thoughts.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #2861
hamom
Earning My Ears

Thank you, Pixar Mom and Dee, for your insights on places to watch kids who are enjoying the Jib slide. I never would have thought of the need to keep an eye out while the kids make the climb to the slide entry -- very helpful to know. I was more focused on potential stranger interaction on the public walkway.

Based on your suggestions, I think I'll accompany our daughter and watch her make the climb for the first many rounds of slide fun and then if, and only if, all seems well, I may check out the view of the public walkway from the pergola side of the area above Hurricane Hanna's...with a lobster roll and Sunken Treasure in hand, of course. (Dee, if I'm looking at your pictures correctly, it looks like there are both gazebo and pergola sections to that upstairs area?)

We'll be there March 24-28 -- I'll take some pictures of what's in eyesight from the pergola side, although you all may already have done so.

Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #2862
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

To those of you on the east coast keep warm!! We moved from Alaska five years ago and I miss the snow sooo much, it was much nicer then the rain. I hope you get your power back soon

Does anyone know what the bc marketplace kids turkey sandwich has on it and if it's made to order? Thanks again you have only been so helpful as we get ready to try a new resort.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #2863
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Thanks for sharing all the great pics pixarmom! Your having me want to take a relaxing swim in lazy river & eating French food!
Hi Angeejoe! You should! Both are wonderful (but that lazy river moves fast, so I'd recommend the waterfall corner near the hot tubs in my previous post for the relaxing part!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Thank you for your awesome pics.I made my hubby look at them with me, he would prefer things to be a surprise, he usually doesn't know anything in advance--except resort name & thinks that fun - Oh, except his golf day.I like to totally know everything before I go, so I can lead the bunch!!!!! Thx again!!!
Hi logpey! Hard to understand why someone wouldn't want to know everything in advance! (But my husband is the same!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Pixarmom thankyou so much for the photos, they're fab .

I would not want to be in that room with the balcony though it looks like the trees want to come in and say good morning.
Thank you, Ziggy! We stayed in a wonderful full balcony room just on the other side of that tree once. I was SO happy with that room, even though there is a good amount of wild greenery outside the window. It was not only close to the secret entrance and Epcot, but we had an amazing view of Illuminations fireworks at night. So I wouldn't say it's my favorite location, but there are some benefits for those who end up around that area!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZPRINCESS View Post
WOW I love this thread.

Great photo stories from Pixarmum. Think I'll add breakfast from the French Bakery and Picabu at the Dolphin to my list.

Think I may be using the path to the slide once or twice, with my children of course.
Hi kazprincess! Please enjoy a baguette for me when you're there!

Quote:
What time can you get to the bakery in France from on a morning?
Meryll83, the bakery opens at 9am, but no other shops or restaurants are open in France at that time. When we ate there last Sunday morning, a CM was posted at the bridge to France advising guests that just the bakery was open. From what I understand, they don't open earlier for EMH. But I'm not absolutely certain and things seem to change quickly! Anyway, it was our last meal of an 8-night trip and a great way to end the vacation. And I loved the ability to get a photo of our three boys in front of the fountain in France without crowds. Very relaxing, entirely uncrowded and excellent food - I highly recommend it! I won't go into detail regarding our order, but please know that you are likely to be happy if you order anything with ham and cheese in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
1) Coffee
2) Power
2a) Internet (may be able to check in on my phone)
3) Food
Dee, love the coffee! Good luck to everyone in the middle of the storm! Stay warm and safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971DBday View Post
Thanks Pixarmom for all of the wonderful photos and info!

My youngest will be 7 by the time we go and figuring out the best visibility point for the pool slide exit/entry is going to be our biggest challenge. I don't want to be bothering her older brother and sister all the time and I have a feeling she will be on the pool slide the majority of the time. She is a good swimmer, but I like to keep and eye on my kids when in the water. Then add in the factor of the path being so long to the entry and in such a public area - it just makes me nervous... Even though the Poly pool is so much smaller it was pretty open visibility to keep an eye out on the kids.

For those of you with older kids, how do you re-connect throughout the day while at the pool? I'm worried the teenagers are going to be everywhere and I'm going to have to send out search parties.
Hi 1971! We've stayed at a number of WDW resorts (see signature) and were able to directly compare the Volcano pool and SAB since we split our recent stay. It's easier to see the kids at the Volcano pool, but I always feel like SAB is less crowded.

We have the exact issue you describe at SAB because our boys are ages 6, 12 and 13. For a long time, we'd stay with our youngest and our older boys would often hang out with us too. When they ventured off, they would tell us exactly where they were going and report back if they wanted to change location. As for the slide, our older boys negotiate with our youngest regarding the number of times they go on the slide together, and then they all do something else together. They aren't always great at compromise, but they pull it together at SAB!

I've never had difficulty finding the kids, in part because if I'm ever not sure, I just climb the stairs on one of the many bridges and spot them from above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeck View Post
I wanted to book a different restaurant for dinner. We usually do Epcot, Cape May Cafe or one of the MK resort restaurants. How hard is it to get to Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon) from BC? Any suggested routes? Any other favorite restaurants you can suggest near BC (easy to get to from BC)?

thanks.
stay warm!
di
Hi deebeck! Honestly, we wouldn't travel from BC to WL for Whispering Canyon. We'll venture over to the MK area to eat if it's California Grill, Be Our Guest or Kona. Maybe Artist Point (I do love the Territory Lounge!) There are just so many great dining options in and around the Epcot area, including Le Cellier, Yachtsman, Bluezoo and Il Mulino. If you're looking for non-signature, we highly recommend Kouzzina, Via Napoli and San Angel Inn. And Garden Grill is a ton of fun if you are looking for character dining.

If you decide to go over to WL for dinner, I recommend a cab. If we were taking Disney transport from BC to WL, we'd take the bus to MK and then boat to WL, and we find that too time-consuming.

Quote:
Nope - just the bakery and Akershus for breakfast in Norway! (Or at least that's according to the CM stationed on the bridge to France last Sunday morning!) When you enter through the International Gateway, you walk through UK and Canada to get to Future World, but nothing is open in those areas until 11am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
pixarmom, glad you had such a relaxing vacation. As always, you've done a superb job with photos. Thanks.
Thank you, BCV23! Hope all is well! I'm going to follow that link you posted and learn more about Aulani - seriously considering it for a trip in the next few years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamom View Post
Thank you, Pixar Mom and Dee, for your insights on places to watch kids who are enjoying the Jib slide. I never would have thought of the need to keep an eye out while the kids make the climb to the slide entry -- very helpful to know. I was more focused on potential stranger interaction on the public walkway.

Based on your suggestions, I think I'll accompany our daughter and watch her make the climb for the first many rounds of slide fun and then if, and only if, all seems well, I may check out the view of the public walkway from the pergola side of the area above Hurricane Hanna's...with a lobster roll and Sunken Treasure in hand, of course. (Dee, if I'm looking at your pictures correctly, it looks like there are both gazebo and pergola sections to that upstairs area?)
Hamom, that sounds like a good plan! Our 6-year-old is a very active and energetic boy who is not very "safety aware" and sprints up the stairs to the slide, but I'm guessing your daughter might inspire more confidence! Have a great time and enjoy that Sunken Treasure!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)

Last edited by pixarmom; 02-09-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #2864
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoni View Post
Grateful for power today, even though the winds continue to howl and blow around the 2 feet of snow. Total travel ban will have me catching up on this thread and the lovely pics from pixarmom. Dee, will be looking forward to your Atlantis report for further warm thoughts.
Hi tortoni! Sorry I missed your post at first. Hope you keep warm and think sunny thoughts of SAB!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #2865
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hi AngeejoeHi deebeck! Honestly, we wouldn't travel from BC to WL for Whispering Canyon. We'll venture over to the MK area to eat if it's California Grill, Be Our Guest or Kona. Maybe Artist Point (I do love the Territory Lounge!) There are just so many great dining options in and around the Epcot area, including Le Cellier, Yachtsman, Bluezoo and Il Mulino. If you're looking for non-signature, we highly recommend Kouzzina, Via Napoli and San Angel Inn. And Garden Grill is a ton of fun if you are looking for character dining.

If you decide to go over to WL for dinner, I recommend a cab. If we were taking Disney transport from BC to WL, we'd take the bus to MK and then boat to WL, and we find that too time-consuming.
You know what? I was actually thinking of Artist Point when responding to that one. I haven't eaten at Whispering Canyon.
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: