Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #2761
KAZPRINCESS
Mouseketeer

Spent the last hour catching up with this thread. Loving all the photos.

Only 183 days to go until we head across the Atlantic for our WDW holiday and checking into the Beach Club.

I'll have to come on everyday to keep in touch with all the goings on. Slapped wrist for me for ignoring this thread.

A big hello to anyone staying mid August may see you there.

Karen

Counting the days until 2 weeks at the Beach Club.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #2762
mommakacie
Mouseketeer

Hello! I'm new here, but we're having our first stay at BC in April. I've been working my way through the thread and it's taking me a while - only 21 pages in!!

Anyways, I just saw this article and I'm even more excited about our upcoming trip - food and wine style booths during flower and garden!! Yeah!!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/epcot...n-festival.htm

10/04 - All Star Music, 04/06 - Pop Century
06/08 - All Star Movies, 12/10 - POFQ
02/12 - POR
04/13 - BC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #2763
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette

Hi Logpey,

Try page one under Post 16 community page link... scroll down theres a pic and how to make it! YUM!!
Also what is a Pina Co-lava?!?

~Nannette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom
Copied from page mentioned above.....

Medicgirl177s recipe
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
!
Thx so much the two of you, for the info on this delicious sounding spirit & the ingredient's Dannysmom!

As far as a Piña Colava--- girl you can order them at any Disney Resort I'm pretty sure. It's pure yumminess in a cup, I think its really a basic Piña with Raspberry purée, so delicious!!! In Sept I ordered one at POR & I was shocked they made them, I originally thought just POLY had them. I was never so happy to be wrong!!!!!

Pour 1.5 ounces Bacardi Razz Rum in a 12 ounce Hurricane Glass and fill the glass with Piña Colada mix and ice. Mix everything in an ice cream/slushy machine until you have a creamy texture. Pour the drink back into the Hurricane Glass and swirl in a dash of Sweetened Raspberry Purée (make sure the seeds have all been removed). Serve with a pineapple wedge on the edge of the glass.

Try it, y'all will love it!!!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #2764
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Yup sounds good!!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #2765
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Thx so much the two of you, for the info on this delicious sounding spirit & the ingredient's Dannysmom!

As far as a Piña Colava--- girl you can order them at any Disney Resort I'm pretty sure. It's pure yumminess in a cup, I think its really a basic Piña with Raspberry purée, so delicious!!! In Sept I ordered one at POR & I was shocked they made them, I originally thought just POLY had them. I was never so happy to be wrong!!!!!

Pour 1.5 ounces Bacardi Razz Rum in a 12 ounce Hurricane Glass and fill the glass with Piña Colada mix and ice. Mix everything in an ice cream/slushy machine until you have a creamy texture. Pour the drink back into the Hurricane Glass and swirl in a dash of Sweetened Raspberry Purée (make sure the seeds have all been removed). Serve with a pineapple wedge on the edge of the glass.

Try it, y'all will love it!!!
Love Pina Colava, it's my drink by the pool usually, but this Sunken Treasure has me intrigued. It's not officially on the menu anymore at Hurricane Hanna's, but if someone who knows how to make it is there, they will still make you one. Or so I hear.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #2766
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan

Love Pina Colava, it's my drink by the pool usually, but this Sunken Treasure has me intrigued. It's not officially on the menu anymore at Hurricane Hanna's, but if someone who knows how to make it is there, they will still make you one. Or so I hear.
Great, nice tip! I'll definitely try!
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #2767
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
I work for the largest hospital in Boston and they have told all non-essential, non-patient care employees to stay home. That NEVER happens! That alone tells you what they are expecting with this storm.

Our home is right on the water so wish us luck! They are saying 60+ mph winds!!

Jay
I'm a RN at a hospital outside of Boston. I work the night shift. I requested Friday night off b/c DD's birthday is this wkend. Boy, did I luck out because I would have normally been on this Friday! They are making arrangements for people to sleep there and are offering rides from security to make sure everyone gets there. No one is allowed to get canceled no matter what the census is because we are in a state of emergency. I'm so glad that I have 4 days off! I won't be back at work until Tuesday night.

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
November 2014
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #2768
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Pixarmom - great pics and fabulous view!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Thanks Dee for posting the pics.

I'm Sunday and Monday this week. Off to the doctor in a few minutes. My head cold has turned into a sinus infection. My eyes and teeth hurt bad. Time for some antibiotics I'm afraid.
Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeybake

I work for the largest hospital in Boston and they have told all non-essential, non-patient care employees to stay home. That NEVER happens! That alone tells you what they are expecting with this storm.

Our home is right on the water so wish us luck! They are saying 60+ mph winds!!

Jay
Stay safe.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #2769
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI View Post
I'm a RN at a hospital outside of Boston. I work the night shift. I requested Friday night off b/c DD's birthday is this wkend. Boy, did I luck out because I would have normally been on this Friday! They are making arrangements for people to sleep there and are offering rides from security to make sure everyone gets there. No one is allowed to get canceled no matter what the census is because we are in a state of emergency. I'm so glad that I have 4 days off! I won't be back at work until Tuesday night.

Oh good for you thats a very long commute from RI. I work at a hospital in a Boston suburb, and live about 50 minutes south, my weekend off although I am working for a colleague on Sunday so hope we can get out by then
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #2770
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Last time I knew there was a switchover happening to the grapefruit stuff. For those who have been there recently, have you seen the blue stuff or is it all grapefruit now?

If you stayed in January, please post which resort, CL or standard room and which product was provided.

Thanks!

If anyone has a picture of the new stuff, I would appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1 View Post
Hello! For those who have stayed at BC recently, I'm wondering what the toiletries are.... Last time we were at BC they were the blue H2O bottles. This past December at CBR, we had mickey ear bottles of an orange scented variety. What's current at BC? Thanks!
I asked the very same thing, a little earlier today. Still waiting to hear from any recent guests to the resort.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #2771
Chrissyb8885
Mouseketeer

Staying at the yacht club for the first time in april!!!!! Really hoping to get the king bedroom with daybed....are there very many of those rooms?? Also any suggestions for room requests? We are booked for garden view and will be traveling with our 2 year old daughter.

Thanks!
-Chrissy
Old 02-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #2772
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Grapefruit no more blue. Was at yc a few weeks ago
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #2773
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymomof1
Hello! For those who have stayed at BC recently, I'm wondering what the toiletries are.... Last time we were at BC they were the blue H2O bottles. This past December at CBR, we had mickey ear bottles of an orange scented variety. What's current at BC? Thanks!
Grapefruit no blue. This was yc cl a few weeks ago
Old 02-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #2774
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=natebenma;47441587]Last time I knew there was a switchover happening to the grapefruit stuff. For those who have been there recently, have you seen the blue stuff or is it all grapefruit now?

If you stayed in January, please post which resort, CL or standard room and which product was provided.

Thanks!

If anyone has a picture of the new stuff, I would appreciate it.

I stayed YC CL and it was the grapefruit stuff...i miss the blue!!!!!!!
I don't have a picture because i was so sad. I went down to the store in the lobby and they told me they don't sell the blue anymore and that they knew it was going high priced on ebay

[/url]
Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #2775
mopp22
Earning My Ears

Can't believe how many fellow New Jerseyans (Jersyites?) are on here! Looks like we all need to escape!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: