Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #2671
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4

Hey there!! Where do you live in MI?
Genesee Cty

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #2672
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Hello BC/YC fans! I'm afraid it's just not possible for me to catch up after nearly two weeks away from the boards!

On Sunday, we returned from an amazing 8 nights at WDW. We started with three nights at Poly, and then spent the rest at BWI CL. The entire stay was incredible. It was the most relaxed WDW trip ever - parks in the morning and afternoons by the pool. Sunshine for the entire time. We even enjoyed a FULL day in Epcot, with plenty of time in World Showcase. And I can't recommend the sea racers at the YC marina highly enough - fun, fun, fun!

It was definitely our best trip for dining: Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Artist Point, Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest, Chef's de France, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Bluezoo, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli, Three Broomsticks (it really is the dark side - glad we did it and loved Potter, but that's our last time!), Kouzinna, Big River Grill, Tokyo Dining and Les Halles (new/improved bakery in France.)

We LOVED the ability to use SAB while Luna Park was closed. We also found that we really love the BWI quiet pool. SAB wasn't too busy at all - just right. And the hours were 10am-8pm during our entire stay.

So I have much to report, but it's been a busy week and I haven't dumped a single photo into photobucket. I enjoyed a beautiful view of YC/BC from our Boardwalk view balcony at BWI, so I have many photos to share. I took a ton of photos around SAB (including my new favorite spot there and the new Hurricane Hanna's!) I also have photos of the new bakery in France, which is WONDERFUL! I took new photos of both the YC and BC secret entrances and created a photo path from the YC lobby to Picabu in the Dolphin. I also created a photo path from the slide exit up to the stairs for those new to SAB.

Poly was great, but there is nothing like staying in the Epcot area. And don't get me started about MK vs. Epcot area transportation - it took us 1.5 hours to get from MK to Poly on a Monday night during value season!

Only two regrets: We didn't have time to stop by the BC lobby while Teena was working and I actually did not step into BC Marketplace at all! That's only because CL at BWI really had everything we needed, and we primarily use the Marketplace when staying non-CL.

A word about CL. We've decided that, at least for the next several years, CL is essential for us unless we're staying at BC (we could go either CL or non-CL there.) More on that later if anyone is considering CL at BC or elsewhere and would like our two cents!

So I'll organize those photos when I can, but please let me know if anyone has any questions!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #2673
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

P.S. We were originally scheduled to spend our last two nights at AKL-Jambo, but could not leave CL at BWI or the Epcot resort area. So we switched our last two nights and continued our BWI stay instead. We were so happy with our decision, and we hope all of you with upcoming stays in the Epcot resort area love it as much as we do!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #2674
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Hey pixarmom!

Welcome back and can't wait to see your pictures (always great).

Old 02-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #2675
natebenma
DIS Veteran

back!!!

Thanks for your mini-report. I have been DYING to hear some details, but I was able to restrain myself from bugging you while you returned to the "real" world.

Color me officially JEALOUS over your dining line up!!! Some of our traditional standbys, a couple we haven't visited in a dog's age and many that I desperately want to try.

I'll be excited to see all of your pictures in good time. Waiting patiently.

NOT!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #2676
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Hi Pixarmom!

Thanks so much for your review!

I would love to hear your thoughts on Bluezoo and Artist Point (what you ordered, how it was, etc.)!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #2677
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hello BC/YC fans! I'm afraid it's just not possible for me to catch up after nearly two weeks away from the boards!

On Sunday, we returned from an amazing 8 nights at WDW. We started with three nights at Poly, and then spent the rest at BWI CL. The entire stay was incredible. It was the most relaxed WDW trip ever - parks in the morning and afternoons by the pool. Sunshine for the entire time. We even enjoyed a FULL day in Epcot, with plenty of time in World Showcase. And I can't recommend the sea racers at the YC marina highly enough - fun, fun, fun!

It was definitely our best trip for dining: Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Artist Point, Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest, Chef's de France, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose, Bluezoo, San Angel Inn, Via Napoli, Three Broomsticks (it really is the dark side - glad we did it and loved Potter, but that's our last time!), Kouzinna, Big River Grill, Tokyo Dining and Les Halles (new/improved bakery in France.)

We LOVED the ability to use SAB while Luna Park was closed. We also found that we really love the BWI quiet pool. SAB wasn't too busy at all - just right. And the hours were 10am-8pm during our entire stay.

So I have much to report, but it's been a busy week and I haven't dumped a single photo into photobucket. I enjoyed a beautiful view of YC/BC from our Boardwalk view balcony at BWI, so I have many photos to share. I took a ton of photos around SAB (including my new favorite spot there and the new Hurricane Hanna's!) I also have photos of the new bakery in France, which is WONDERFUL! I took new photos of both the YC and BC secret entrances and created a photo path from the YC lobby to Picabu in the Dolphin. I also created a photo path from the slide exit up to the stairs for those new to SAB.

Poly was great, but there is nothing like staying in the Epcot area. And don't get me started about MK vs. Epcot area transportation - it took us 1.5 hours to get from MK to Poly on a Monday night during value season!

Only two regrets: We didn't have time to stop by the BC lobby while Teena was working and I actually did not step into BC Marketplace at all! That's only because CL at BWI really had everything we needed, and we primarily use the Marketplace when staying non-CL.

A word about CL. We've decided that, at least for the next several years, CL is essential for us unless we're staying at BC (we could go either CL or non-CL there.) More on that later if anyone is considering CL at BC or elsewhere and would like our two cents!

So I'll organize those photos when I can, but please let me know if anyone has any questions!
Welcome back!!! Can't wait to hear some more and see some pictures!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #2678
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Welcome back pixarmom!!!

Can't wait to see your photos!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #2679
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

I would like your two cents, as I would like to try CL, but don't know if it's worth it and we are staying at BC. I would also need to get my DH on board, but it might be easier if there is a discount, but for that only time will tell!! So, I will wait patiently to hear your opinion !!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #2680
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Welcome back pixarmom!!!

Sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to read all about it in a TR and see those pics!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #2681
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Welcome back Pixarmom!! Can't wait to hear all about it (we are staying BWI CL in May and eating at Artist Point for the first time...so that's one dining review I'm super interested in!)

....on an unrelated note to all those up in New England....hope that Nemo doesn't give you too much grief!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #2682
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Welcome back pixarmom!

Sounds like a fabulous trip. Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures.
We're waiting for 8-12 inches of snow (and that's nothing compared to what my New England Dis buddies have coming) so I could really use a dose of your fabulous pictures to get us through the storm.

BTW while you were gone we decided to fly this year (finally got some good rates), but then DH said since we werent' driving and wouldn't have our car he didn't want to do a split stay. So we are now doing - count em - 16 nights at BC! No CL this year - even though we love it. We now are getting ready to send our next dd to high school too so tuition payments/CL? Unfortunately tuition won. We could have done a shorter trip but we all just LOVE our long summer vacation.

I was watching the weather forecasts for Orlando and was so happy to see that you were having just the best weather!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #2683
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Welcome back, Pixarmom! I can't wait to see your pictures!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #2684
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Hi, all. I'm new to this thread, and I just scanned through the last 40 or so pages (wow, you all are a prolific bunch). My family and I will be at BCV for the first time Mar 20-24. I've got several questions, sorry if I missed previous discussions about these...

1. We're taking DME from the airport. What are the typical stops before BC?

2. We're checking in relatively early in the morning and would like to use the SAB pool while we wait for the room. I'm sure I can ask at the desk about this, but does anyone here have experience with this? I think I read there are changing rooms close to Beaches and Cream - is that right?

3. I did online check-in, so I assume I'll be able to pick up our KTTW cards right away so we can access the pool. Do they give you a wrist band for the pool? I was wondering if we needed to carry our KTTW card every time we exited the fence, and how the kids could get from the main pool to the jib slide. Are wrist bands the answer?

I've seen some discussion here about the upcoming MyMagic+ system. Someone asked if there was anything about it in the online check-in process. At this point, no there isn't. The only mention was in the Terms and Conditions at the end with a reference about using your KTTW card or MagicBand to enter your room.

If anyone's interested, or maybe having trouble with it... I'm maintaining a thread to discuss updates to the features of the My Disney Experience website and mobile apps. Come and visit if you like... Navigating the My Disney Experience Web Site and App

1979 .......... Golf Resort
1984 .......... Hotel Royal Plaza
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice

Future Plans:

2015 Jan ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Fantasy 7-night E. Caribbean San Juan
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #2685
DoleWhipMom
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
I worked at Ridge High School! Still work for the district just moved over to one of the Elementary Schools. My kid goes to school in Pluckemin.

I can't believe there are so many of us from this area on this particular thread.
Another one from Somerset County, south end, Montgomery Township. Too funny so many of us!
2001 Jul POLY, 2002 May POR, 2003 Oct POR, 2004 Aug/Sept USO HR, 2005 Jul USO PB, 2006 Aug/Sept POR, 2007 Jul USO PB, 2008 May USO RP, 2008 Aug/Sept WL, 2009 Aug/Sept POFQ, 2010 Sept BC, 2011 Aug/Sept BC, 2012 Aug/Sept POR/AKL/YC, 2013 Aug YC
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: