Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #2656
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

So today, I was fiddling around with the disney website and i put in my march dates for the beach club...and the garden view club level is booked solid!

How many garden view club level rooms does the beach club offer?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #2657
JulieT3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopp22
We are heading to the BC for the first time in 16 days!!! So excited! We usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge and have always loved it there, but for this trip we wanted to try something different. I am really looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot, and the kids can't wait to swim. Has anyone else been to both WL and BC and can offer advice as to what differences we should expect? Thanks!
We always stayed at WL and loved it, but I decided to branch out last year and we tried BC - loved it so much that it is now tied with WL for our favorite WDW resort! Besides the wonderful pool and having EP literally right outside your back door, the bigger rooms, daybeds (if you are lucky enough to get one - we were on our last trip!), and bright atmosphere were some of my favorite differences. Oh, and I loved that they had flavored syrups for the coffee out for anyone to use in the BC Marketplace. Compared to the WL, the BC seemed a little more "maze-like", but after a day or two I was able to navigate my way around without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs in case I got lost . Also, I love that at WL, I am guaranteed to have a full balcony and that there is quite a bit more seating at Roaring Fork than anywhere around the BC Marketplace. WL also has a much more peaceful atmosphere, but at BC I always feel like I am right in the middle of all the action - there is so much to do in that area! I honestly can't tell you which resort I prefer because they both have such different and great attributes. After this trip you might be just as torn as I am!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #2658
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

QUOTE=Missyrose;47434859]We stayed at BCV for the first time in October (we own at BWV and BLT) and had a wonderful studio that overlooked to DVC pool. It was lovely. And I was able to get my fill of that gorgeous view of Crescent Lake while lounging at SAB.

My fiance and I really liked the fact that the villas were set back from the main building, they were more quiet and tranquil than BC. YMMV, but I'd encourage you and your husband to plan a weekend trip where you rent points at BCV to get a feel for what it's like to stay there. Maybe your DH will surprise you and love it![/B]

I liked your suggestion Missyrose, so I told DH. DH seems to be open to this possibility. I suggested to DH about maybe arrive to BCV for a couple days to try & then trans to BC/YC for remainder of trip with crescent lake view. I want to leave now .......lol!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew

Last edited by Angeejoe; 02-07-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #2659
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mericletwins View Post
You got that right. I'm not sure if you will have a car or not, but if you don't, you will have to take a cab. You aren't allowed to take your luggage on Disney transportation. You probably already knew that, but I figured I would point that for anyone else that might be reading.
Thanks for the info. I did know about the Disney transportation thing. We will take a cab, while our daughter's family will be driving, so we will be doing it both ways!!! Thanks for the help.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 02-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #2660
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177

I will be SO amused if there is like a "poof" of white stuff here in NY. Everyone is preparing for the Apocalypse. Hehehehe. Meanwhile I'll be dreaming of my beloved... T-93 days... Sigh...

Everyone everywhere stay safe!!!
we were slated for 6-10" here, and so far we have gotten 4" and then it switched to rain as I was blowing the driveway out!!! Then it switched back to the wet, heavy stuff!! Already canceling things for tonight

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #2661
mopp22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3

We always stayed at WL and loved it, but I decided to branch out last year and we tried BC - loved it so much that it is now tied with WL for our favorite WDW resort! Besides the wonderful pool and having EP literally right outside your back door, the bigger rooms, daybeds (if you are lucky enough to get one - we were on our last trip!), and bright atmosphere were some of my favorite differences. Oh, and I loved that they had flavored syrups for the coffee out for anyone to use in the BC Marketplace. Compared to the WL, the BC seemed a little more "maze-like", but after a day or two I was able to navigate my way around without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs in case I got lost . Also, I love that at WL, I am guaranteed to have a full balcony and that there is quite a bit more seating at Roaring Fork than anywhere around the BC Marketplace. WL also has a much more peaceful atmosphere, but at BC I always feel like I am right in the middle of all the action - there is so much to do in that area! I honestly can't tell you which resort I prefer because they both have such different and great attributes. After this trip you might be just as torn as I am!
Thanks for your insights! We did call and request a full balcony, so I hope we will be able to have that. DH loves to sit out there and drink his coffee in the morning. I didn't realize the rooms were bigger at BC! That will be nice! WL does have a peaceful atmosphere, but we really wanted a change, so more activity might be good for us. As for getting lost, I think I managed to do that at WL before, so that is bound to happen anyway! Loving the flavored coffee syrups, too!!! Yum! Can't wait to check it all out for myself now!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #2662
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post

I will be SO amused if there is like a "poof" of white stuff here in NY. Everyone is preparing for the Apocalypse. Hehehehe. Meanwhile I'll be dreaming of my beloved... T-93 days... Sigh...

Everyone everywhere stay safe!!!
I know, already talking delays and cancelling things and it hasn't even started yet. Last time they did this a year or 2 ago, we got nothing. They just upped our totals and looks like we are on the edge of being in the 12-24" range now in Western Albany County. We better get something after all this hype.

Gonna pass the time looking at pictures of the YC and BC and plan ADR's.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #2663
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
I know, already talking delays and cancelling things and it hasn't even started yet. Last time they did this a year or 2 ago, we got nothing. They just upped our totals and looks like we are on the edge of being in the 12-24" range now in Western Albany County. We better get something after all this hype.

They keep changing the totals of what we are supposed to get here on Long Island. Its maddening.

I'm dreaming of the Beach Club, a pool, a drink in my hand and most importantly, warm sunshine! Scorching sunshine!

I saw on the Be Our Guest list that you will be at YC when we are at BC. I'll have to look for you at the pool!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #2664
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
So today, I was fiddling around with the disney website and i put in my march dates for the beach club...and the garden view club level is booked solid!

How many garden view club level rooms does the beach club offer?
Not many. I believe it is around 10.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #2665
logpey
Disney or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieT3

We always stayed at WL and loved it, but I decided to branch out last year and we tried BC - loved it so much that it is now tied with WL for our favorite WDW resort! !
We also stayed at WL & loved it too! I was upgraded at check in for free- from WV to Courtyard/Pool! Such a lovely stay, very peaceful! My hubby & I sat on the full balcony every evening, we also watched the Electrical Water Pageant from there, nice surprise! I've never stayed CL there, I'm sure it would be nice.
2004 May/WL
2007 July S/D
2010 July/Aug/POLY CL
2011 July/POLY CL
2012 Mar/Aulani
2012 Sept/POR 2013 Feb/BCR CL 2013 OCT POR 2014 July/DCL
http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/logpey/ https://picasaweb.google.com/1069180...eat=directlink
Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43064690#post43064690
Dawn's Blog:http://dawnsdorkydiary.wordpress.com Disney podcast- http://mousequestpodcast.com/subscribe/
Old 02-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #2666
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Our snow totals have been upped to 18-24 inches...
Both of my kids schools are closing early tomorrow, so I probably just won't go to work.
I will be dreaming of having a Sunken Treasure and sitting by SAB.

Only 70 more days, only 70 more days...

Oh, and we absolutely LOVED everything about WL CL....I can't wait to see how YC CL compares!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #2667
BusyMom2Three
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
I'm beginning to feel like I need to move so I can be a part of the Northeast group on here!! Does it count that I live along the lakeshore of Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmom View Post
Hi fellow Michigander!
Another MI fam here! Although we've only been here a few years (originally from VA). DD has a lock-in at dance tomorrow that is going to be open "no matter what" so we just hope we can get to her to bring her home Saturday morning! I remember the same thing happened last year during her lock-in!

20 days til BC!

1985 Tokyo Disneyland (Hilton Tokyo Bay)
Mar 2007 Pop Century
Mar 2009 Pop Century
Mar 2011 Port Orleans Riverside
Mar 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Feb-Mar 2013 Beach Club
Feb-Mar 2014 Pop Century
Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #2668
TxTiggergal
Mouseketeer

Hi! My daughter and I will be at the YC in August & my husband and I may be there in March for our 25th wedding anniversary celebration. (I say "may" because he has booked the trip with the help of our travel agent and is surprising me with all the details other than the dates. I know we are staying on site & I think it might be the YC, but we shall see!) Nevertheless, we stayed at the YC back in 2011 and enjoyed it very much. One thing we never got around to figuring out though is where we can grab a quick bite for breakfast there at the resort. We ended up eating something in the parks each morning & on our check-out day hoofed it over to the BC. In reading the first post in this thread, it looks like the Ale & Compass sets up for a continental type breakfast. Correct? It was listed as TBA whether or not a DDP snack credit could be used. Anyone have any experience with using snack credits there? Please forgive me if this has already been asked & answered!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #2669
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMom2Three

Another MI fam here! Although we've only been here a few years (originally from VA). DD has a lock-in at dance tomorrow that is going to be open "no matter what" so we just hope we can get to her to bring her home Saturday morning! I remember the same thing happened last year during her lock-in!

20 days til BC!
Hey there!! Where do you live in MI?

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #2670
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
DH & I have been looking into DVC (ok mostly me, ), and have been in contact w/ DVC. We watched the DVD & read over the paperwork. I'd really like BCV. So DH & I had long talk about it today & he said "I like staying at BC/YC only.". DH loves the water view & at BCV no crescent lake view! I wish they put it in another spot! DH would rather pay more for the view, whereas I truly do love the view, but want to go more often. I know you can stay in the hotel using DVC, but it's so many points! I love how DH is standing up for BC/YC though, so cute! I'm not really looking for any real advice, its just i love talking Disney which drives DH nuts , so it's nice to have a group of Disney lovers to gab with! I'm just missing my BC/YC! Thanks for listening to my rant!
I have to temper my Disney talk at home. In his words " I don't mind talking Disney, I just want to talk about other things as well"

I now make sure I only bring it once and a while. It is hard ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post

I live in WNY and they are calling for Nemo to hit around 1 a.m. I am pretty sure there will still be school because around here they never close. My district in particular. We have not had a snow day in 3 or 4 years

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: