Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #2596
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
We have all finally been hit with the flu.
I was thinking last week if we are gonna get sick lets get it now and not on vacation.
19 days to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
My family has one week & four days till we leave for BC & I was hit with the flu 3 days ago & so far no one else has it & I had the flu shot. So scary because I'm also running the Princess Half & need some more running in....

I hope your family heals quickly, at least you have a little more time to get better....Are you on Tamilflu?
I hope everyone in your families are feeling better soon and you are all healthy for your trips.

That's always a huge fear of ours, getting sick before vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lovesmickey View Post
Hi BC experts. I was adding some stuff to "My Disney Experience" and it lists all the activities for the Beach Club when we're there (April 14-21). The app has hours for restaurants, shops & recreation, but in the recreation section it only lists the quiet pool and not SAB. Has anyone heard of any refurbs there in April? Or is it a Disney oversight? I'm having a minor freak out that SAB won't be open when we're there. Thanks for any words of comfort

Hopefully Ninja Mom talked you to a safe place. I wanted to add that no, I haven't heard anything and yes, I agree with NM. A refurb would not typically be scheduled for April and would only happen if there was something outside of the ordinary that couldn't be avoided.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #2597
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1073
Hi Everyone! To all my fellow MA/New England people, are you ready for the blizzard!? I can't wait!!

I think someone was asking about the Magic+ and when it would be coming to the BC. I have 67 days to go and I just signed into My Disney Experience. It said, I have 8 days until online check-in! So, anyone know what I should expect? Will I then be reserving my fast passes? Not sure what to expect with any of it! I'm pretty excited to be checking in next week though!
I could do without this blizzard but my kids are careful laying out their pajamas (inside out) in hopes Friday there will be a snow day in preparation!!! Lol

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #2598
natebenma
DIS Veteran

For all my friends in the path of the big storm, be safe.

Cook up a batch of chowder, plunk yourself in front of the computer and obsess about your upcoming trips.

Speaking of trips... In about a week, I will be away for a few days. Not Disney, a bit south-er of the border.

Didn't want anyone to worry when you don't see the early morning message(s) of the day from me.

Dee

Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #2599
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

When the snow hits, I will be dreaming of the Yacht Club.

70 days from today!!!!

Really though, how bad can the storm be??? It's name is NEMO.. I think it's gonna be cute....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #2600
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Big River Grille is pretty good, but if you want awesome food and really good beer, you should try Raglan Road at DTD.
Well we Irish are known for our love of food! Guiness has it's own place on the "healthy eating plate"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Add me to the list.

Bob, Teena, Jeanne and Princess Lily - BC CL - August 5-9

Brilliant news-I love seeing all your photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
I also apologize for my reaction to your comment. I literally have the flu & maybe took your comment more emotional than I should have.
I was just skipping around some of the questions & asked my question completely "off the cuff!"
Have a great day!!!!!
Hope you're feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
No special treatment for sure. It's really strange being there as a guest but the Princess loves SAB so basically it's a SAB vacation. Only time we'll head into the park will be for dinner.
I think it says so much that a staff member parts with her own hard earned cash to stay at YC/BC. Thanks for everything Teena
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinDaisyDuck View Post
Thanks! I've never stayed anywhere but Pop Century and if I'm going to be running 13.1 miles on this trip I want nice linens and a hot tub, lol! So deluxe it is! I love everything about the Yacht and Beach Club, but the lack of cabanas at EPCOT resorts is a bummer. Our other option is the Grand Floridian. However, we also have an epic night planned at Jellyrolls after the half and it's much easier to stumble home to the EPCOT resorts than having to grab a cab to go back to GFlo. It's still up in the air but hopefully we'll decide really soon!
Love that you planned your stumbling journey home You are a girl after my own heart

I have obviously led a very, very deprived life! 1st I've never tasted lobster and now I discover that I've been missing out on not 1 but 2 types of chowder Really the unfairness of it all is shocking I almost typed "soup" but I'm guessing chowder lovers everywhere of either type may be horrified if I did that
The list of things I've got to taste whenever I next visit just keeps on growing
Old 02-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #2601
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Looking for opinions and information about luggage transfers between the resorts. Due to our flights, we have added a day before our BC trip and a day after our trip at POP. So far we plan to take our luggage to Bell services at POP and have them transfer it to the BCV. When we check in to BCV, do we need to go to Bell services there and ask to have our luggage sent to our room or will it be done automatically? We will do the same thing in reverse when we leave from the BC and go back to POP. Next, we are switching from BCV to BC CL, we plan on checking in early and have breakfast at the lounge. If our rooms are ready, we were planning on calling a bellman to take our luggage from BCV to BC CL, will they do this or does our luggage go to Bell services again? If so, then I have the same question as before, is the transfer done automatically when our room is ready or do I have to call them?

Is there a better way to do all these transfers? Any ideas?

Sorry for the rambling.

Thanks for any input.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 02-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #2602
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Well we Irish are known for our love of food! Guiness has it's own place on the "healthy eating plate"

Brilliant news-I love seeing all your photos

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I think it says so much that a staff member parts with her own hard earned cash to stay at YC/BC. Thanks for everything Teena

Love that you planned your stumbling journey home You are a girl after my own heart

I have obviously led a very, very deprived life! 1st I've never tasted lobster and now I discover that I've been missing out on not 1 but 2 types of chowder Really the unfairness of it all is shocking I almost typed "soup" but I'm guessing chowder lovers everywhere of either type may be horrified if I did that
The list of things I've got to taste whenever I next visit just keeps on growing
And if you ever venture up here to the New England area....it's chowdah, not chowder....
You know, just so your understood when you ordah... your food

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 02-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #2603
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl61 View Post
Looking for opinions and information about luggage transfers between the resorts. Due to our flights, we have added a day before our BC trip and a day after our trip at POP. So far we plan to take our luggage to Bell services at POP and have them transfer it to the BCV. When we check in to BCV, do we need to go to Bell services there and ask to have our luggage sent to our room or will it be done automatically? We will do the same thing in reverse when we leave from the BC and go back to POP. Next, we are switching from BCV to BC CL, we plan on checking in early and have breakfast at the lounge. If our rooms are ready, we were planning on calling a bellman to take our luggage from BCV to BC CL, will they do this or does our luggage go to Bell services again? If so, then I have the same question as before, is the transfer done automatically when our room is ready or do I have to call them?

Sorry for the rambling.

Thanks for any input.
Good questions. Giving this post a little more visibility so it doesn't get lost in between the important storm and chowdah discussions.

I know many of the veteran posters here have done luggage transfers between resorts and within the resort, so hopefully they will share their insight/experience/advice with you.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #2604
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looking for opinions and information about luggage transfers between the resorts. Due to our flights, we have added a day before our BC trip and a day after our trip at POP. So far we plan to take our luggage to Bell services at POP and have them transfer it to the BCV. When we check in to BCV, do we need to go to Bell services there and ask to have our luggage sent to our room or will it be done automatically? We will do the same thing in reverse when we leave from the BC and go back to POP.
Disney will move your bags for you, but we found it was much easier to just hop in a cab with our bags and head for the next resort. If Disney does the transfer, your bags won't get there until late afternoon, I just liked the piece of mind that my bags were already at my second resort and we could get stuff out of them if we needed something.

Quote:
Next, we are switching from BCV to BC CL, we plan on checking in early and have breakfast at the lounge. If our rooms are ready, we were planning on calling a bellman to take our luggage from BCV to BC CL, will they do this or does our luggage go to Bell services again? If so, then I have the same question as before, is the transfer done automatically when our room is ready or do I have to call them?

Sorry for the rambling.

Thanks for any input.
Going from BCV to BC should be much easier. I'd go down and check in for your BC stay, see if the room is ready (and since it probably won't be) I'd stop at Bell Services and ask them to send someone up to your villa room. That way, you know exactly where your bags are going: either your new room or to Bell Services storage.

If your bags do have to go into storage for the morning, they'll give you a claim ticket and when you get to your new room you call and give them the ticket number and they'll bring everything up to you.

Hope this helps!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #2605
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Room request

After reading that it can be noisy I dont want to be too close to the lounge or elevators and we are staying YC SV CL what should I request?

NE chowder sounds so good, just had hot tea for my sore throat , will have to send BF out to stock up for storm
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #2606
mopp22
Earning My Ears

We are heading to the BC for the first time in 16 days!!! So excited! We usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge and have always loved it there, but for this trip we wanted to try something different. I am really looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot, and the kids can't wait to swim. Has anyone else been to both WL and BC and can offer advice as to what differences we should expect? Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #2607
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
After reading that it can be noisy I dont want to be too close to the lounge or elevators and we are staying YC SV CL what should I request?

NE chowder sounds so good, just had hot tea for my sore throat , will have to send BF out to stock up for storm

I guess I would say "Not close to Concierge Lounge, please" or "Away from Concierge Lounge, please"

I think someone posted earlier that there is just one elevator bank and it is close to the lounge, so a room away from there would presumably have a little less traffic. Still no guarantee about how quiet your neighbors will be though.

I haven't been to the club level area at YC, so I don't know the size of the hallways or how long a walk it is from the end of the furthest hallway to the club lougne/elevators.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #2608
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Cook up a batch of chowder, plunk yourself in front of the computer and obsess about your upcoming trips.

Speaking of trips... In about a week, I will be away for a few days. Not Disney, a bit south-er of the border.

Didn't want anyone to worry when you don't see the early morning message(s) of the day from me.

Dee

UGH!!!! I thought we were going to beat the snow again this year like we did last year!

The older I get the more I hate the snow!!!

Jay
Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #2609
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Dee

I had to post because with this post, I will have 100 But, we are getting hit with that said storm starting today and then I will blow it to the east for the rest of you to enjoy !!! Wish I had the chowder to eat, but with two sick kids , I'm thinking bland food is the way to go for tonight!! Hoping maybe for another snow day tomorrow

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #2610
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry for the rambling.

Thanks for any input.
Transfers between the resorts are done mid-afternoon. So when you get back to your resort room, anytime around 4ish I'd say, you should just call Bell Services and ask them to deliver your bags. It is NOT done automatically. Only automatic luggage delivery is if your bags arrived via Magical Express.

When you change BCV to BC CL, it's basically the same thing unless your second room is ready right away. If it is, then they can just make the change when you check-out and check-in.

In all cases, you MUST be in the room to accept the luggage.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: