Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #211
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Here's a couple of pictures StephH sent to me showing how much fun Flat Ben is having with her boys.

The boys were named "Captains of the Day" at the Yacht Club. Unfortunately, they couldn't find a hat in Flat Ben's size.

Aren't these the cutest Jedis ever???

Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #212
natebenma
DIS Veteran

December Activities Schedule

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #213
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I think we decided finally! We are going to go for it! I talked my mom into CL for the price it is totally worth it! As soon as Xmas is over we r booking our dates! I can't wait for the count down to beginning!

BC is my dream resort, my little ones are going to love the pool!

Let us know when you firm up your dates and I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #214
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I think we decided finally! We are going to go for it! I talked my mom into CL for the price it is totally worth it! As soon as Xmas is over we r booking our dates! I can't wait for the count down to beginning!

BC is my dream resort, my little ones are going to love the pool!
Excellent decision! Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Aren't these the cutest Jedis ever???

They are seriously cute boys!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #215
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

I totally will as soon as we put the deposit down. We just have to make it threw Xmas. Is it sad that I'm more excited over our next trip instead of Xmas.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #216
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if all the club level rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies? I was looking at pictures of the exterior and from the looks of it, all the 5th level floor rooms have full balconies? Hmm?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #217
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Does anyone know if all the club level rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies? I was looking at pictures of the exterior and from the looks of it, all the 5th level floor rooms have full balconies? Hmm?
Most, but not all, of the CL rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies. All of the rooms currently designated as Garden View CL have full balconies. There are a handful of Standard View and a few Water View rooms on the 5th floor with standing balconies.

I would add "full balcony, please" to your room request.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #218
Andreia
You're never too old to become younger!

Also at BC CL I've emailed to ask for a King bed, and they said that it's almost impossible, that I should get 2 queen size only. We booked Standard room from 1/2 to 1/6. What do you think?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #219
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Most, but not all, of the CL rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies. All of the rooms currently designated as Garden View CL have full balconies. There are a handful of Standard View and a few Water View rooms on the 5th floor with standing balconies.

I would add "full balcony, please" to your room request.
We booked Garden View CL, so I'm hoping to get it. BUT having a balcony standing or full will still be awesome! But of course with my luck, I'll get the only room without a full! No worries though! Just staying at the Beach Club is going to be magical.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #220
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
Also at BC CL I've emailed to ask for a King bed, and they said that it's almost impossible, that I should get 2 queen size only. We booked Standard room from 1/2 to 1/6. What do you think?
My understanding is that there are very few (like maybe 2-4) club level rooms with a king bed. Although the odds are not great, it still may be worth requesting one- although unlikely based on the small number, there is a chance, so you might as well make your wishes be known.

A request is just a request- there is no way to specifically book or guarantee a room with a king bed, but if you do get one, you can be pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #221
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
There is only one Standard BC room with a king bed.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #222
Andreia
You're never too old to become younger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

There is only one Standard BC room with a king bed.
So, I will ask Santa for an upgrade.... I promisse I was a good girl this year!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #223
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

I had such a good time with them! We met up at the Crews Cup Lounge for burgers after my shift and really had time to chat!!

Speaking of dinner. I got to have dinner at Cape May Cafe Monday night after my shift with some guests and still no ribs. However, the roast beef they were carving was really good. They have changed the Clam Chowder too. They added crab and more bacon to it. They call is Seafood Chowder.
It truly was a great night. I could use some Pixie Dust and BC happiness right now actually. It's been a truly rotten day.
Why you ask?

Woe be to him/her to whom planning the staff holiday party falls.
Silly huh?
You wouldn't believe the petty drama.
Sigh....

Now back to your regularly scheduled BC/YC magic!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #224
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
It truly was a great night. I could use some Pixie Dust and BC happiness right now actually. It's been a truly rotten day.
Why you ask? Woe be to him/her to whom planning the staff holiday party falls. Silly huh? You wouldn't believe the petty drama. Sigh.... Now back to your regularly scheduled BC/YC magic!
Could be worse, you could be the cast member at the Haunted Mansion in charge of the Christmas party for the 999 haunts and have to figure out how to put up with those hitch-hiking Grim Grinning Ghosts! Or could having to deal with the cast of the Country Bear Jamboree be any better?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #225
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Morning, all! Today is Animal Kingdom day, so we're excited about the fun that awaits us!

Yesterday we did Epcot in the morning and Hollywood Studios in the afternoon. I LOVE the Yacht/Beach for just this reason! It was so easy to walk to Epcot in the morning. In fact, I was able to get a three-mile run in yesterday morning at 6am before the rest of the family was awake, and still get back in time to get ready and head to Epcot for rope drop. Then, in the afternoon, after I finally got to see my long-awaited Belle in France , we strolled down the path to Hollywood Studios. After being badgered for HOURS by my 10-year-old, I agreed to go on Tower of Terror. That was enough for me, thanks! Then we did Star Tours again while we waited for our Rockin' roller coaster Fast passes.

We took the boat back to the Yacht Club and my husband and older son watched Pirates of the Caribbean while I watched the youngest enjoy the slide...over...and over...and over... I enjoyed talking to folks and just laying on the chairs.

We had dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh, which was relaxing and quite yummy. The belly dancer was entertaining and I was able to get a few pictures. We let DH and DS10 go for yet another ride on Mission Space (Orange!! ) while DS6 and I strolled back to the YC to snack on desserts. Good stuff!

I did finally find out what the Grey Goose Slushies were! We enjoyed the Grand Marnier one. Yum!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: