Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #1951
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyda View Post
We are arriving at the Beach Club (garden view) on Feb 28th....I have been to WDW several times, but this will be the first visit for my DS, DDil and DGS (13)...I am soooo excited to help create the "perfect" experience for them...our dining plans are: captains grill for breakfast 3/1...San Angel Inn for dinner, MM, R&C, Boma and Biergarten...thought that was a well "rounded" experience...I'm haunting the websites for trip planning! Hoping for a full balcony. We leave Wed 3/6 to come back home to Tulsa....am I missing anything? Got our Magical Express stuff in the mail today....missing some parts, but a quick phone call fixed that! Wish us luck! This is to celebrate my DIL's birthday AND my full retirement from being a nurse in a hospital for xxxx years!!!:j umping1:
Cape May in the BC is our favorite restaurant at WDW. And it is right in your resort! The dinner buffet is very good. We never miss it. You might want a night where you don't have to travel far to eat dinner.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #1952
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Cape May in the BC is our favorite restaurant at WDW. And it is right in your resort! The dinner buffet is very good. We never miss it. You might want a night where you don't have to travel far to eat dinner.
You bring up an excellent point. Mid trip is really the time to plan a close location dinner like at a resort restaurant. At the BC/YC you've got Cape May (Seafood and more buffet), Yachtsman (fancy $$$ Steakhouse) and the Captain's Grille (Mid to upper priced with well rounded entrees to suit every taste)

I especially like the Captain's Grill. We ate breakfast there on the last morning of our trip (yes I know I need to finish my BC trip report! ). The food was excellent and the restaurant has a quiet, grown up feel. It was a nice break from the themed madness that you find yourself eating in when you have kids at WDW. Kids are welcome there however....

My impression of the Captain's Grille was that you got the deluxe dining experience and the not too deluxe prices. I said to my husband if we lived closer, the Captain's Grille would be the kind of place that we would come to regularly when we wanted a nice night out for dinner.

There seems to be a lot of new people on the thread planning trips this year. Definitely think of planning a mid trip night at one of the resort restaurants for dinner. It would be so easy to eat dinner and then plan it so that you still had time to hoof it over to Epcot for the fireworks..... and then head back for a restful night at the resort, just when you really need it.

~NM
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #1953
WDWHeather
I'd much rather have IASW in my head
Well, I think we should all be proud of ourselves
I aspire to be a DISperate Housewife

I've been to Disney a bunch of times, but NEVER the Yacht Club Resort and I am SO excited!!! You guys seem like a great bunch and I'm excited to hang with you here before I go!

BTW, thanks for all the info on coffee- I NEED my coffee in the morning so I'm slightly concerned about these coffee pods..... But if there's "real" coffee somewhere on site, I'm going to be much happier! I'm one of those kind of crabby early morning coffee makers....
August 1993: Treehouses May 2002: Fort Wilderness Cabins May 2003: All Star Music November 2003: Port Orleans Riverside July 2004: Pop Century May 2005: Pop Century June 2006: Swan & Dolphin and Caribbean Beach Resort May 2007: Pop Century May 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa May 2009: Old Key West May 2010: Caribbean Beach Resort March 2013: Yacht Club Resort
Team Focker Watch
"PB" - PROUD MEMBER OF THE GUTTER CHICS.........
Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 AM   #1954
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited!! I scored a (very) last minute point rental for BCV for this week!! This is our first reservation since being extremely local I'm off Wednesday and Friday, so despite working Thursday morning--the deal on points was toooooooooooo good to pass up!!

Checking in Wednesday, 1/30 - Friday 2/1

Wednesday is looking like a great pool day, Thursday looks cold--but I have to work anyway, and I have dinner at Cape May Thursday night!!

Just a random, last minute, get-a-way. I've really had the resort itch lately--and I can't wait to be back at Storm-a-long Bay! This will be our first time on the BC side. We normally stay at YC, and I'm happy to try something new!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #1955
ocalla
DIS Veteran

Sue: So glad you were able to get a quick visit with Teena!!

Teena: You look might rested and a bit tanned!! I think that cruise agreed with you

Has anyone had the Lobster/Shrimp roll from HH yet??
90-Honeymoon Offsite 92-offsite 93-CBR 96 - CBR 97-DXL 2000-ASMo 2000-CBR 2001-Courtyard/DD 2004-Grosvenor 07/10-YC 05/11-BC - CL 05/12 BC 06/13 CSR 07/13 - BC/Poly split 02/14-WL 08/14 - POR/Universal
Me DH DD22 DD17 Maud Marie

Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #1956
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I'm so excited!! I scored a (very) last minute point rental for BCV for this week!! This is our first reservation since being extremely local I'm off Wednesday and Friday, so despite working Thursday morning--the deal on points was toooooooooooo good to pass up!!

Checking in Wednesday, 1/30 - Friday 2/1

Wednesday is looking like a great pool day, Thursday looks cold--but I have to work anyway, and I have dinner at Cape May Thursday night!!

Just a random, last minute, get-a-way. I've really had the resort itch lately--and I can't wait to be back at Storm-a-long Bay! This will be our first time on the BC side. We normally stay at YC, and I'm happy to try something new!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #1957
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

I was just looking at pictures someone posted of the Yacht CL food and saw the brie and rasberry encruit (spelt wrong I know) OOOOMMMMMGGGG YUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!
Does anyone know if they serve the same things every week??

Last edited by tnkrbell; 01-29-2013 at 06:20 AM. Reason: forgot word
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #1958
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Thanks for posting this. Someone had mentioned this, but didn't provide the link.

Thanks for menu at hurr hanna- it looks like many of the items come with cheese (chick sandwich, burgers, and even wraps) - can you request no cheese, or are they premade offsite? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:35 AM   #1959
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
I was just looking at pictures someone posted of the Yacht CL food and saw the brie and rasberry encruit (spelt wrong I know) OOOOMMMMMGGGG YUMMMMMYYYYY!!!!
Does anyone know if they serve the same things every week??
oops I meant to post on the concierge thread sorry.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #1960
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Oh my I just read a post that Labor Day weekend the resort is completely booked. Ahhhh! I thought for sure it would we quite because of schools starting. Ugh
Was it a post about the MV agency deal for Labor Day weekend? That might be fully booked, but it's not the hotels, just the special offer sold out since they only have limited rooms at those special rates.

Oops, kept reading and it was a computer glitch...this thread moves so fast, I go to bed and I fall behind!!! LOL

Last edited by beebeeryan; 01-29-2013 at 06:50 AM. Reason: discovered answer
Old 01-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #1961
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post

"You are borderline obsessed. I may have to cut you off." To which I respond, "This is better than facebook " Honestly, I'm on here way more than facebook these days
:
My only advice is to run. This stuff is WDW version of crack......

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyda View Post
We are arriving at the Beach Club (garden view) on Feb 28th....I have been to WDW several times, but this will be the first visit for my DS, DDil and DGS (13)...I am soooo excited to help create the "perfect" experience for them...our dining plans are: captains grill for breakfast 3/1...San Angel Inn for dinner, MM, R&C, Boma and Biergarten...thought that was a well "rounded" experience...I'm haunting the websites for trip planning! Hoping for a full balcony. We leave Wed 3/6 to come back home to Tulsa....am I missing anything? Got our Magical Express stuff in the mail today....missing some parts, but a quick phone call fixed that! Wish us luck! This is to celebrate my DIL's birthday AND my full retirement from being a nurse in a hospital for xxxx years!!!:j umping1:
Great plan. WOW. I can tell. You get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
We ordered our dinners and before the food even arrived both kids DS (8) and DD (5) passed out in the booth
We got more than one story where Ninja Mom passed out in a booth of a WDW Restaurant.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWHeather View Post
I've been to Disney a bunch of times, but NEVER the Yacht Club Resort and I am SO excited!!! You guys seem like a great bunch and I'm excited to hang with you here before I go!

BTW, thanks for all the info on coffee- I NEED my coffee in the morning so I'm slightly concerned about these coffee pods..... But if there's "real" coffee somewhere on site, I'm going to be much happier! I'm one of those kind of crabby early morning coffee makers....
You get it. You really get it.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #1962
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
Thanks for menu at hurr hanna- it looks like many of the items come with cheese (chick sandwich, burgers, and even wraps) - can you request no cheese, or are they premade offsite? Thanks in advance!
We chatted with the folks at HH on opening day and were told that the sandwiches are made to order. (I am not a blue cheese fan, but was told this could be left off...)

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 AM   #1963
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

Love this thread! I've been lurking here for awhile and recently booked our first stay at the Yacht Club, May 1-4. Just a short visit before we join family for a reunion at an offsite condo. Those will be non-park days so we can really enjoy the resort. We planned this as a special surprise for DD13 who has some health issues. The past few years have been pretty challenging for her. Staying at BC/YC has been her dream for years, and she's going to be thrilled to finally be able to enjoy Stormalong Bay!

I think we would've preferred Beach Club, but I wanted to be sure we'd get a balcony. We booked garden view. I wasn't planning on asking for anything in particular, as I imagine any garden view will be nice, but I think I'll just ask not to be on the ground floor. I prefer a balcony over a patio. DD sometimes uses a wheelchair, and it seems for that reason we are always given a ground floor room, but it's not really necessary.

Now what's this about real coffee at YC? I know DH won't want to drink Nescafe, that's not coffee, but on the other hand he doesn't like Starbucks. Can he get good old-fashioned plain coffee?
Old 01-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #1964
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopurposesonly View Post
Love this thread! I've been lurking here for awhile and recently booked our first stay at the Yacht Club, May 1-4. Just a short visit before we join family for a reunion at an offsite condo. Those will be non-park days so we can really enjoy the resort. We planned this as a special surprise for DD13 who has some health issues. The past few years have been pretty challenging for her. Staying at BC/YC has been her dream for years, and she's going to be thrilled to finally be able to enjoy Stormalong Bay!

I think we would've preferred Beach Club, but I wanted to be sure we'd get a balcony. We booked garden view. I wasn't planning on asking for anything in particular, as I imagine any garden view will be nice, but I think I'll just ask not to be on the ground floor. I prefer a balcony over a patio. DD sometimes uses a wheelchair, and it seems for that reason we are always given a ground floor room, but it's not really necessary.

Now what's this about real coffee at YC? I know DH won't want to drink Nescafe, that's not coffee, but on the other hand he doesn't like Starbucks. Can he get good old-fashioned plain coffee?
Here. This should help... (From the Dining Post on Page 1):

REAL COFFEE ALERT!!!

Ale and Compass is located just off the Yacht Club Lobby.

In the morning, breakfast items are available like a DECENT cup of coffee and tea, pastries, an assortment of cereal and fruit.

Thanks, Niki in NJ for the photo!

Ale and Compass Menu

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast Photos

Thanks, MickeyT and Nicki in NJ
Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #1965
ekmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Here. This should help... (From the Dining Post on Page 1):

REAL COFFEE ALERT!!!

Ale and Compass is located just off the Yacht Club Lobby.

In the morning, breakfast items are available like a DECENT cup of coffee and tea, pastries, an assortment of cereal and fruit.

Thanks, Niki in NJ for the photo!

Ale and Compass Menu

Ale and Compass Continental Breakfast Photos

Thanks, MickeyT and Nicki in NJ

That looks like it would suit our needs for a light breakfast before hitting rope drop perfectly. However, I was wondering if we can use our refillable mugs there. DD likes her coffee and I like my tea so DH usually goes to get them for us while we're getting ready in the morning.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: