Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #1771
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Anyone have pictures of Hurricane Hannahs??
Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #1772
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820
My brother in law has stayed at the all stars when he was younger in his early twenties. I told him they are great resorts, a lot of kids and a lot of ppl with No extras. I compared motel 6 - 4 seasons lol but I just want them to get the most for their $$ and if someone said to me Pam you can stay there this amount or the BC for same I wouldn't have to think about my answer. He is afraid the YC isn't as kid friendly. I can agree the values are more kid friendly but I learned my lesson the hard way. From now on I choose my resort for me and my husband and leave the parks for the kids.

I don't know I just want them to go. My sister deserves a great vacation

Lol we stayed at AKL and an adult swam over to the lifeguard and told him HE pooped in the pool! My daughter was 3 @ the time she still talks about it!
Motel 6 to the Four Seasons. That's awesome, lol. I love analogies. I realize pooping in a pool happens. But for us, it was like one thing on top of another, and with no "quiet pools" to retreat to (it was just open and not every pool was open all the time) the final straw had been broken.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #1773
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA
Good morning from my new favorite resort YC!!!!

We arrived a little after midnight in a pixie dusted Tahoe - I rented a regular SUV and Alamo upgraded us. Love the extra space and comfort!!

Check in was a little frustrating. The cm was unsure of everything and couldn't confirm our dining plan, told me gold keys don't exist, and just about had a heart attack when I asked him to use my gift cards. Our luggage got to our room before we did. He also insisted on giving my 11 year old charging privileges when I said no. I was too tired to fight so I just went with it and first thing this morning the wonderful club level cm redid everything and magically the gold cards appeared!! And dd no longer has charging privileges, sorry darling!!!

The room? Love it! View is Sab and boardwalk. Spectacular!!! No issues whatsoever. I'm in heaven.

Had breakfast in the lounge and getting ready to go get ds haircut at mk barber shop. Dinner tonight is BOG

Thank you for all of your well wishes, only you folks could understand what I was going through!
Yay!!! Have a magical relaxing vacation!!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #1774
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Don't worry the lifeguard cleared the pool, did some nasty fishing and treated the pool. No on could swim for a few hours. Thank god it was towards the end of our trip I had a really hard time going back in the pool . I kind of just stood at the edge.

I'm sure it happens a lot but an adult ,really!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #1775
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12
Is it Better to give your room requests to the IPO or the cm on the phone when booking?
Anyone?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #1776
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
I started my post with the disclaimer of "cautiously using this analogy", sometimes it's hard to write what you mean, but you want to be helpful....

Anyone ever read the letter without punctuation and then with? Same words, but it's perceived completely different. I apologize if I offended ANYONE, never my intention. :0(
First, no offense at all was taken at your post. I knew what analogy you were making with the differences between the levels. I liked the restaurant analogies.

I'm staying BC CL this time, and my hope is that all of the folks staying there with me will keep their kids under control and behave appropriately themselves. I think sometimes people let their children run a little wild at Disney because they are on vacation. I'm not one of those people. My husband and I make sure that our kids are polite to adults, don't hog stuff when they take food at breakfast, and to keep their fighting to a reasonable decibel level. (Unfortunately, it appears that I cannot stop the squabbling. They argue about EVERYTHING!)

Old 01-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #1777
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

A lot of non yc BC info on a yc BC thread.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #1778
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Anyone?
I emailed them and got a reply a few hours later.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #1779
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
Anyone?
I did both, just to be sure.

Last year I made my requests via e-mail to Guest Relations and I got all three. I stayed at the AoA suites and I'd asked for top floor, lake view, building 3. The room was exactly what I asked for and absolutely perfect.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #1780
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn

First, no offense at all was taken at your post. I knew what analogy you were making with the differences between the levels. I liked the restaurant analogies.

I'm staying BC CL this time, and my hope is that all of the folks staying there with me will keep their kids under control and behave appropriately themselves. I think sometimes people let their children run a little wild at Disney because they are on vacation. I'm not one of those people. My husband and I make sure that our kids are polite to adults, don't hog stuff when they take food at breakfast, and to keep their fighting to a reasonable decibel level. (Unfortunately, it appears that I cannot stop the squabbling. They argue about EVERYTHING!)
My kids are well behaved but kids are kids. You are at Disney not the Ritz. You have to expect some bad parenting. I was appalled at mothers letting their teens wear no shoes in the lounge. Ewwwww.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #1781
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A lot of non yc BC info on a yc BC thread.
Agreed!!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #1782
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell

Agreed!!
My question from two days ago never answered because of other things being talked about. Make a new thread for non yc BC drama. I am staying yc cl and wanted to know about ipo
Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #1783
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn

I did both, just to be sure.

Last year I made my requests via e-mail to Guest Relations and I got all three. I stayed at the AoA suites and I'd asked for top floor, lake view, building 3. The room was exactly what I asked for and absolutely perfect.
That's aoa not cl. I am staying cl and have some recreation and room requests.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #1784
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililoo12 View Post
That's aoa not cl. I am staying cl and have some recreation and room requests.
So do both and hope for the best. No matter how you do it, it's still not guaranteed. If it's available, you'll get it, otherwise no.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #1785
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Love YC/BC! Can't wait for my first visit to the BCV's in July!!

Last edited by nannette; 01-30-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: