Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
johnnydakota
Earning My Ears

Transportation costs to/from Clarion Inn LBV

Hi, everyone. The GF and I are planning a trip to Disney and Universal in a few months. We have decided on the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista.

I was just wondering if there was a way to find out transportation costs to and from this hotel. We will not be renting a car so we will have to rely on cabs and shuttles.

It looks like the average cost for a cab from MCO to the hotel is about $50. Is this a decent price or should we try to book a shuttle from the airport?

Also, does anyone know the cost for taxis to and from the hotel and theme parks? I know the hotel has free shuttles to the parks but just in case we decide to leave at a later time than offered, I'd like to try to work this into the budget.

I'm sorry if these seem like "duh" questions to most. I haven't planned a Disney trip in almost 10 years now.

I'd even take suggestions on other hotels that would be better budget wise. We are planning on staying 8 days. 2-3 days at Universal and 5 days at the Disney parks.

Thank you.
johnnydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
m86
Earning My Ears

Lynx Link 111 Goes directly from MCO to LBV. Costs 2 dollars per person, and is fast and clean. Can't beat that. This bus also goes from LBV to/from Disney well into the evening. Goes every half hour every day.
m86 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

The Clarion LBV is right on the Lynx bus line #50 - check www.golynx.com for more information. The cost for lynx is $2 per person - you have to have dollar bills as they don't give change. Also many hotels provide shuttle service free - but honestly lynx is more frequent and reliable IMO. The lynx bus stops are indicated on google earth/google maps so you can easily find the stop closest to the hotel.

The #111 will take you from the airport all the way to Disney - DTD and Ticket and Transportation Center - you can catch the #50 from either of those stops.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Straitlover
DIS Veteran

Isn't the 111 bus the one they are doing away with? I read something about changes to some of the lines recently. I know one was they were eliminating the line form the airport to the TTC, and I thought the # was 111.

If you need to save taxi fare. I would suggest taxi-ing to/from Saratoga Springs resort and catching the Disney buses from there. Or take the Lynx bus #50 if the times work out. It stops at DTD and the TTC.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
Isn't the 111 bus the one they are doing away with? I read something about changes to some of the lines recently. I know one was they were eliminating the line form the airport to the TTC, and I thought the # was 111.

If you need to save taxi fare. I would suggest taxi-ing to/from Saratoga Springs resort and catching the Disney buses from there. Or take the Lynx bus #50 if the times work out. It stops at DTD and the TTC.
Yeah I think you may be right -because they were having a public hearing about it to find out what people think about it- but as far as I know the #111 is still operating as usual. I'll be taking it to the airport tomorrow from the Seaworld area so we will see if there is an update.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
johnnydakota
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the replies. After further discussion with the lady friend, I think we've decided to spend the extra money and stay on property at Pop Century and get a shuttle to Universal Studios and IoA.

Is this a good plan?
johnnydakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Melanie98
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

I just wanted to say, I stayed at the Clarion for one night last summer. I got a GREAT deal, so I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised! It is nothing grand, but our room was really nice and the pool area was decent. I think I paid $39. I'd definitely stay there again if I could get a good deal on the room. I'm thinking about doing a split stay there this summer.

Oh, and the location is really good too!

And, if you were willing to consider taking a taxi from the airport for $50, why not just rent a car. Car rentals in Orlando are really inexpensive!
Melanie98 is offline   Reply With Quote