Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #106
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

I believe it's called the Predator at Darien Lake outside of Buffalo. It's a wooden coaster and I felt like I had been beaten after riding it. I hate wooden roller coasters.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream
usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #107
mamacatnv
I am the queen of straw!
Almost anything can be fixed with pasta
Do my DH's "Shorty Shorts" count?
I go in search of code!

The Rattler, Six Flags Fiesta Texas - this coaster was painful to ride.
It is being redone and reopens this spring, really hoping its better
POFQ-1/1-1/9/07, ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 Turn of the Century
Thanks AidensMom
mamacatnv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #108
Missy29
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Mean Streak, I get a headache just thinking about it. I go to Cedar Point every year and have not rode the Mean Streak in at least 7 years. My very close second would be the Mantis, that one gives me a headache and hurts my thighs.

Missy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #109
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrap83 View Post
I love, love, love roller coasters!

That said, Gwazi & Busch Gardens in Tampa almost made me cry. It would the most jarring coaster I've even been on in my life. Not even down the first drop and I knew it was going to be a rough, horrible ride - NEVER AGAIN!!

Sidenote.... Cheetah Hunt is by far, the smoothest coaster I have ever been on!
Rode Cheetah Hunt for the first time about a month ago and it instantly became my favorite coaster in all of Florida!!

Gwazi is still horrible. They only had one side open, not sure if it was Lion or Tiger. Kumba switched to my "never again" list. Montu is still good. First time on Shrieka (sp). The dives were good but the rest of the ride was "meh."

Quote:
Originally Posted by momz View Post
I have one that hasn't been mentioned. At Holiday World in Santa Clause, IN. The Voyage...horrible headache.

Holiday has 3 roller coasters, all wooden. The Raven has gotten awards year after year. The Legend was the next installment and is ok, but seems to have only right turns and you are constantly pushed to the left. Then, the Voyage is the big one...horrible, there is never a long line because I think I'm not alone in this opinion.

Now, the water park at Holiday World is fabulous.
I haven't been to Holiday World since before Voyage was built. Sorry you don't like it. It's usually at or near the top of many coaster lover's favorites.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #110
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Son of Beast at Kings Island hands down. My back was thrown out of that sucker with the loop and without it. So glad it is being torn down, will not miss it.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #111
jlima
Beep Beep!

Psyclone at Magic Mountain ... Felt like a car wreck.

Port Orleans Nov 91 (Honeymoon!) • Dolphin Nov 99 • Dolphin & 7 day Magic cruise July 01 • HRH & Poly June 04 • HRH May 05 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 05 • HRH Sept 06 • Wilderness Lodge July 07 • West Coast Magic Cruise June 08 • HRH & Coronado Springs Dec 08 • HRH, Wilderness Lodge & 6 day Christmas Magic Cruise '11 • DL AP holder since 1989!!
jlima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #112
dizzwizz
DIS Veteran

One of my favorite rides used to be The Grizzly years ago at Kings Dominion. It used to be surrounded by a forest of trees, so you couldn't see the track at all. When the trees were chopped down, it totally ruined the hidden track effect for me.
dizzwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:57 AM   #113
tikistitch
Mouseketeer

My two worst ones are The Rattler at Fiesta Texas in San Antonio - it's too rough and caused me and my sister to bump heads so hard our heads were bleeding when we got off the ride!

My second worst is a really old one from Astroworld in Houston, TX. It was called Taz's Texas Tornado and the harness mechanism on that ride is one where it comes down automatically over your shoulders. For some reason the harness kept crunching down, to the point it had me compacted down in the seat - then we got stuck on the ride and I was in awful pain until they were able to get us moving again. I had bruises all over my shoulders for a week!
tikistitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #114
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
At Carowinds in NC there is a wooden coaster called called "The Hurler". I swear it feels like my insides are being rearranged while that thing flings me around.
I've been on that one, it's very bumpy and jerks you around a lot.
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #115
chiefmickeymouse
DIS Veteran

The worst one I've been on was the Mindbender at Edmonton Mall in Canada. I couldn't remember the name of the coaster and looked it up. I hadn't known that three people were killed on it back in the 80's. I probably wouldn't have gotten on it if I'd known!
chiefmickeymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #116
DeaverTex
Smelling like a horse doesn't make you a cavalryman
I'd wear a pair. I might even be able to get Mrs. Tex to wear some
I need to provide sufficient background in every post to make sense

Space Mountain at WDW, with Rock n Rollercoaster coming in a close second. RnRC sprained a bunch neck of muscles because the head restraint, well... it didn't. Space Mountain finished the job by spraining a couple of additional muscles in my sides and making me feel as though I'd been beaten with lead-filled rubber hoses.

I've ridden coasters off and on my whole life, and while I've gotten a little more sensitive to motion sickness over the years, I don't remember ever getting off a coaster before and feeling like I'd come out a distant second in a fight with a gorilla. The drops and loops are fun, but I can simulate the rest of the ride by taking a spin in the back of a cement truck on a steep mountain road.

Deaver Tex Mrs. Tex Tex Jr.

7-10 October 2012 - POR
Nothing else planned right now.

DeaverTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #117
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

The Mean Streak at Cedar Point is the most violent one I've personally been on.

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza (coming Nov/Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #118
Patch'sD
DIS Veteran

Drakenfire at Busch Gardens in Va was the worst. It stood unused for about a year before it was removed. Even though it is great Historic Coaster, the Cyclone at Coney Island NY can give a very rough ride. I guess technology has improved over the last 90 Years.
Patch'sD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #119
JohnstonMandy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrHawk View Post
The Mean Streak at Cedar Point is the most violent one I've personally been on.
Ditto!!
JohnstonMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #120
KimmyAnne
Earning My Ears

I agree that Hershey Park's Sky Rush is the worst coaster I've been on. We were excited to ride it, but both of us spent the whole ride in pain, just hoping the ride would be over soon. When we got off, most of the other riders were complaining of pain also. As of last July, it was still the same painful restraint over the mid thighs.

One of Hershey Parks wooden coasters is pretty rough as well, though I can't remember the name right now. My niece is prone to concussions and we were seriously worried for her during the ride. And I see Mean Streak at Cedar Point mentioned quite a few times, but that one doesn't bother me too much.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: