Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #76
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

....hands down, Six Flags Great Adventure has THE WORSE coaster of all time:

Skull Mountain ~ lame-o, corny, stupid....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #77
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
I love wooden coasters but The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas was by far the worst coaster ever. My entire family agreed, we were holding on so tight and bracing ourselves to avoid harm, we swore never again. We were there a few weeks back and the Rattler is being revamped and made into a steel coaster of some sort, I know we will give it another try.
i second the rattler! I don't mind wooden coasters, but after that one, I couldn't move my neck the next day. awful!

worst coaster due to operator error was the Riddler at Six Flags Magic Mountain. It is one of those standing up rides, and he put me on the coaster after the restraints were locked in place. The between the leg part was too high, and I had to be on my tip-toes to keep from causing myself extreme pain the entire ride.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #78
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

The worst one for me was "Superman: Ultimate Escape". It used to be in Geauga Lake and I believe now is in Dorney Park and is called "Possessed". I literally felt like I was going to die on this thing. I couldn't breathe, my eyes were bulging out of my head, my stomach was in knots. It was horrible. As soon as I got off I proceeded to throw up for 20 mins straight and I couldn't ride anything else the rest of the day.

I don't know what it was about that coaster.. the 3.7 g's, the twisted loops, the back and forth. I have no idea...I just know I will never ride anything like it ever again!
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #79
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy B View Post
Gone now- but the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure was rough
Yes! The Great American Scream Machine and Rolling Thunder (I think that's what it's called) at Six Flags Great Adventure were SO rattly/painful!

El Toro at Great Adventure-- that's what a wooden coaster is supposed to be! One of my all-time favorites!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #80
bittybabygrower
Mouseketeer

Ghost Rider at Knott's.... Hubby and I swore we were going to pee blood for the test of the day lol
bittybabygrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #81
Twende
Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....

Another vote for Cedar Point's Mean Streak. It left me bruised and hurting. Not fun at all!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #82
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

The Georgia Cyclone at SixFlags over Georgia, hurt my neck, and I had head/neck aches all Summer.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #83
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

The Mummy in Universal Studios Orlando. I was forced on instead of letting me escape out the chicken exit, it was dark so I couldn't see what was next and the drops were too sudden for my liking. I hate not being able to see or tell what comes next.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #84
Atlas722
Mouseketeer

Cedar Point's Mean Streak. And I refuse to ride the Millenium Force.
Atlas722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #85
tennvalgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmemberb4 View Post
The Georgia Cyclone at SixFlags over Georgia, hurt my neck, and I had head/neck aches all Summer.
It is the WORST for sure. There is nothing fun about this wooden coaster and when you bottom out after a hill you get severely beaten!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #86
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Let's see. Mind Eraser at the Six Flags parks is awful. Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure was pretty bad before they tore it down. And I'm not a fan of the restraint system on the Batman flying coaster at Six Flags America.

I think Mind Eraser wins the worst spot, though. It's the sort of coaster I usually like, but something about how it runs leaves me feeling like my head was used as a soccer ball.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #87
daannzzz
OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled egg salad
Enjoys the magic of Disneyland in December
: I am becoming a bit more adventurous in my dining habits

Flasback. It was at Magic Mountain. Very interesting looking but a dull coaster.
daannzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #88
Elmo9607
DIS Veteran

Hehe, I'm suprissd nobody has mentioned my favorite roller coaster ever...The American Eagle at Six Flags Great America. That thing is an oooooold wooden coaster that just creaks and shakes and is rough and bumpy and just a really fun time, lol.

The worst coaster I ever rode? Hmm...I guess I don't have one! There are a couple I wouldn't go out of my way to ride again, but I've enjoyed every coaster I've been on.

College Program at Cosmic Ray's January 2011-May 2011
Elmo9607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #89
dizzwizz
DIS Veteran

It depends on what is meant by "worst."
Worst = Lamest? That's a tie between Six Flags Great Adventure's Skull Mountain or Cedar Point's Disaster Transport.
Worst = Expectations were higher than what was promised? That would be Cedar Point's Mean Streak.
Worst = Most bone-jarring contraption ever built? We have a 4-way tie here: Mantis at Cedar Point (especially difficult for males), New York New York in Las Vegas, Drachen"pile" at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, and finally the winner by a slight edge - Hercules at Dorney Park in PA. My innards will never be the same again after those few Hercules rides. Thankfully, Hercules and Drachenpile are forever banished, along with Son of Beast, never to return!
dizzwizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #90
superme80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daannzzz View Post
Flasback. It was at Magic Mountain. Very interesting looking but a dull coaster.
I like the Flashback. I think worse for me is anything at Six Flags Marine World. ie Discovery Kingdom.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: