Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #61
mamacatnv
I am the queen of straw!
Almost anything can be fixed with pasta
Do my DH's "Shorty Shorts" count?
I go in search of code!

I love wooden coasters but The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas was by far the worst coaster ever. My entire family agreed, we were holding on so tight and bracing ourselves to avoid harm, we swore never again. We were there a few weeks back and the Rattler is being revamped and made into a steel coaster of some sort, I know we will give it another try.
POFQ-1/1-1/9/07, ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 Turn of the Century
Thanks AidensMom
mamacatnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #62
DaisyLynn
DIS Veteran

I had never been scared on a coaster and never met one I didn't like. Until I met Superman at Six Flags New England (now known as Bizarro). I felt like I was going to slide out of my seat past my lap bar. It felt inhumane!

But seriously, I had a stress headache the rest of the day (or maybe I just screamed too hard). I have thought twice about other coasters since then!

DaisyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #63
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

Hercules at Dorney Park, thing damn near rattled my eyeballs out of my head. It's gone now, but not forgotten.

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #64
BeachGirlFLA
DIS Veteran

Honestly, mine wasn't because of the roller coaster which I had enjoyed in the past but it was Space Mountain. My husband and I were rear-ended this summer by a trucker. We were stopped in traffic, had not yet started moving, and he "forgot" we were there. Ever since, I have had some back issues and have been going to a chiropractor. I still wanted to ride Space Mountain though...some of the most painful moments of my life but a good adjustment to my back. I didn't have problems for about a week afterwards.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #65
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
I love wooden coasters but The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas was by far the worst coaster ever. My entire family agreed, we were holding on so tight and bracing ourselves to avoid harm, we swore never again. We were there a few weeks back and the Rattler is being revamped and made into a steel coaster of some sort, I know we will give it another try.
That's another mega wooden coaster that I thought was great when it first opened but aged really badly.

The Texas Giant at Six Flags in Dallas was similar. But a few years ago they got rid of the wooden track and replaced it with steel and now it's great again. Hopefully the same thing will happen to Rattler in San Antonio.

Jim
LBIJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
KateDinVA
Earning My Ears

I love love coasters (or at least I used to... my body seems to be starting to argue more with my mind on this one!), but this one is an easy pick.

I've had some rough rides.

But only one was so rough my husband literally BROKE his RIB and that was the Hurler at Kings Dominion in Virginia.

So that one gets the worst for me.
KateDinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #67
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

The Cyclone at Coney Island. Wooden, old, knee-knocker cars. Simple coaster, but wow. Brutal. I think at my age now, I'd rather be hit repeatedly with a sack of hammers.
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #68
Mandy_in_NC
Mouseketeer
My name is Mandy and I am a child of the 80s!! Need I say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
At Carowinds in NC there is a wooden coaster called called "The Hurler". I swear it feels like my insides are being rearranged while that thing flings me around.
I agree. I hate The Hurler. Last time I rode Thunder Road it was just about as bad.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #69
Cindy B
Have taken some furniture polish and sprayed it in the air, so it smells like I was cleaning
I have been known to eat cookies for dinner
Grew up on Stove Top Stuffing

NY NY coaster in Las Vegas was rough.

Hercules at Dorney- pretty bad as well
Gone now- but the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Great Adventure was rough
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #70
rluey29
Wish I was in Disney, Hooray, Hooray!!!

Thunder Road at Carowinds, ruined our trip because my wife couldn't ride anything else after her headache it gave her.
2009 Pop Century
2010 Off-site (June)
2010 Were moving to Florida!!! (August)
2010-present living about 35 minutes from Disney! (every weekend)
2011-first time camping at Fort Wilderness!!!
rluey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #71
lilmissdisney216
Pawsitively Lovin a Labrador!

mine was the Magnum XL at Cedar Point in Ohio. I think I may have been twelve and it was my first time to Cedar Point and my mom and I rode and I had done really well all day up til this roller coaster. First of all it had a really tall and steep initial drop hill then they had tunnels with large and small drops in complete darkness. Came off the ride rather sick, in tears, and done for the day.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #72
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Never been to Carowinds but we are going to go this May on our drive down to Myrtle Beach. I'll be sure to think twice about riding Thunder Road and the Hurler. Thanks for the heads up
Old 11-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #73
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Sheikra at Busch Gardens Tampa scared me pretty badly. I LOVE roller coasters, but something about sitting way up there on that edge, looking down, and not moving - it just scared me badly.
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #74
Cannot_Wait_4Disney
Ok all you A cattle, get in the chute. Moooo. Moooo.
It has a kick. Otherwise, yummy yummy.
Onions rule!!!

Quote:
For me the worst was Triceratops Spin at Animal Kingdom. They took a mediocre Mad Mouse style coaster and made it painful by spinning you as it goes. It's back wrenching, headache inducing and not much fun for your trouble.
Uh, you're thinking of Primeval Hurl. Ttops Spin is Dumbo with TTops instead of elephants.
Cannot_Wait_4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #75
crazyme5kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s View Post
The Cyclone at Coney Island. Wooden, old, knee-knocker cars. Simple coaster, but wow. Brutal. I think at my age now, I'd rather be hit repeatedly with a sack of hammers.
I agree. I hate roller coasters, the only ones I ever go on are very small kiddie ones and even then, it's rare. Someone once convinced me The Cyclone would be tons of fun. I was terrified, couldn't make a sound, other than to keep repeating I was going to die.
crazyme5kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: