Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 04:00 AM   #76
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
From what people were saying earlier, you have to have an exact amount the same on the exchange. For example, your new item has to be 11.99 if you're returning something 11.99. That could get tricky. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what people were saying before.
Yes that is right. Otherwise it isn't really an exchange.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #77
ptcruisermom
Mouseketeer

Here is my story-this happened last night. I recently purchased a sweater and a blouse, after gettingit home I didn't like it and it was too big. I had purchased it with $20.00 KC and a $10.00 email coupon, whihc rang up as KC on my receipt. My total was 43.98, 30 paid with KC and 14.89 pad in cash. I returned it last night and was give 14.89 in cash and 30.00 in store credit. Bought several other items, and had a 20% off coupon,and another 10.00 email coupon my total was 48.29, the 10 email coupon was first deducted referred to on recept as KC then the 20% was taken off the remaining balance tax added in for a total now of 32.03, the 30.00 store credit deducted, and I paid 2.03 OOP. Just my experience, return was easy and pleasant. No complaints here.
ptcruisermom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #78
disneybirds
DIS Veteran

I buy a lot of stuff at Kohls and have never really had a problem until today. I returned $68 worth of stuff from an order where I earned $40 in Kohls cash. She said I would only get back $24 since I had spent the $40 in Kohls cash!!! Why did they deduct the entire $40? Since I was returning $68, I should have only lost $20 in Kohls cash. I am done with Kohls cash. It is way too punitive.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #79
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybirds View Post
I buy a lot of stuff at Kohls and have never really had a problem until today. I returned $68 worth of stuff from an order where I earned $40 in Kohls cash. She said I would only get back $24 since I had spent the $40 in Kohls cash!!! Why did they deduct the entire $40? Since I was returning $68, I should have only lost $20 in Kohls cash. I am done with Kohls cash. It is way too punitive.
If you earn Kohls Cash for every 50 spent, if you keep less than $50 of stuff, you lose all your Kohls Cash.

So if you had spent $100 and earned $20 Kohls Cash, if you returned $50 you would still have $10 in Kohls Cash. You had still spent the $50 to earn the first $10. If you returned $70 (meaning in actuality you spent a net of $30) you would lose it all.

You earn it in $50 increments. Any time you go under and increment by making a return, you lose the corresponding amount of Kohls Cash.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #80
disneybirds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
If you earn Kohls Cash for every 50 spent, if you keep less than $50 of stuff, you lose all your Kohls Cash.

So if you had spent $100 and earned $20 Kohls Cash, if you returned $50 you would still have $10 in Kohls Cash. You had still spent the $50 to earn the first $10. If you returned $70 (meaning in actuality you spent a net of $30) you would lose it all.

You earn it in $50 increments. Any time you go under and increment by making a return, you lose the corresponding amount of Kohls Cash.
Exactly. I bought over $200 worth of stuff. I returned $68. She told me that I was losing all $40 of my Kohls cash. I thought it should only be $20. I didn't return it.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #81
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybirds View Post
Exactly. I bought over $200 worth of stuff. I returned $68. She told me that I was losing all $40 of my Kohls cash. I thought it should only be $20. I didn't return it.
That is correct. In this situation, you should only lose $20 of the Kohl's cash. Did you ask to speak to a manager? I wouldn't have done the return either.

me , dh , dd14 , dd11 , ds5 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #82
2girls4me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
This thread is making my head hurt!

Two things I've taken away from this ~ don't use Kohl's Cash to buy anything and/or don't shop at Kohl's at all.
Completly and totally agree.

Funnily enough, I only go there for returns. Since my mil shops there for my girls. I try to exchange,,but I'm not a fan of there clothes so I return a lot of stuff.

DH:

DD (3):

DD (6 months):
2girls4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #83
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes that is right. Otherwise it isn't really an exchange.
I really disagree with this. Sometimes one color will cost more than another (with household items), or if you go up a size, an item can cost more (into plus sizes, for example). If your new item is as much or more than the old one, it is still an exchange and you should be able to pay the difference and keep the value of your Kohl's cash .
tasha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #84
elleavon
Earning My Ears

Wow! I read through the entire thread before responding, but I love Kohl's. I get great deals with the sale price PLUS my 30% off. The Kohl's cash is a bonus. My friend is a Nordstrom gal, and the amount of money that buys her 2 tops and 2 pairs of pants, fills my trunk! It takes some calculating, but I get great deals at Kohl's. BTW, no one can tell her clothes cost more than mine. MUCH more!
elleavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #85
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
I really disagree with this. Sometimes one color will cost more than another (with household items), or if you go up a size, an item can cost more (into plus sizes, for example). If your new item is as much or more than the old one, it is still an exchange and you should be able to pay the difference and keep the value of your Kohl's cash .
In order for it to be a true exchange you have to swap something of the same ticketed value for another. There is no way for the system to trade items that are not the same ticketed price. Otherwise the system sees it as a return and a new purchase.

Note too the system sees the ticketed price. Not the sale price.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #86
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Someone needs to publish a Shopping at Kohl's For Dummies book (not implying we are dummies ).

I bought my dd some PJs and earned KC on them, and unfortunately they are too small. I don't remember seeing them in store but I'm hoping I can just exchange them for a bigger size.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #87
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
Someone needs to publish a Shopping at Kohl's For Dummies book (not implying we are dummies ).

I bought my dd some PJs and earned KC on them, and unfortunately they are too small. I don't remember seeing them in store but I'm hoping I can just exchange them for a bigger size.
As long as the item you want has the same ticketed price, you can just exchange them. Your KC won't be affected at all. Hopefully you don't have to do something like hop from little girls to big girls sizes. That is where the price differences usually happen. Whey you have to go from one size grouping to another.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #88
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
As long as the item you want has the same ticketed price, you can just exchange them. Your KC won't be affected at all. Hopefully you don't have to do something like hop from little girls to big girls sizes. That is where the price differences usually happen. Whey you have to go from one size grouping to another.
Luckily no hopping, just going from S to M, I just hope they have the same sets to make things easy. They were on sale and I used a discount code, so if they are now a different price will they still let me do an exchange as long as its the same item in different size?
Old 12-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #89
maxiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
Luckily no hopping, just going from S to M, I just hope they have the same sets to make things easy. They were on sale and I used a discount code, so if they are now a different price will they still let me do an exchange as long as its the same item in different size?
Yes. Your sale price doesn't matter at all, to do an exchange they go by the ticked price.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #90
luvmy3

Quote:
Yes. Your sale price doesn't matter at all, to do an exchange they go by the ticked price.
Oh that is good news, thanks!

maybe you should publish that book

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: