Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #46
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Two
I would never refuse to pay but our meals and the service were bad enough that I didn't enjoy paying.

Tony's - the worst.
Ohana - the second worst.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #47
nkereina
Wendy Darling

If you are going to decline paying, you better have taken one bite and nothing more or sent the food back and notified a manager. There's nothing worse than someone who consumes most of meal and then decides to complain or ask for it to be removed. In most cases, the restaurant will re-do your meal and make it right and will likely comp something. There's never a need to be indignant.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #48
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
you refused to pay or use a TS credit?

I've seen some pretty questionable reviews about some meals that I would never pay for in a million years.

Has this happened to anyone?
Yes. Ohana's. I wrote a report about it last summer I think.

In disney's defense, I did not have to refuse, when I explain the issues to the manager he immediately told us the meal was gratis.
Problem was we wasted a couple of hours on the meal and missed the fireworks.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #49
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
No, but my bar isn't very high. As long as someone else is cooking it, deliverying it to my table, and cleaning up when we're done, I'm good. Everyday life as a mother of 3 has a way of doing that to a person. Eating out for a week without worrying about the cost is one of the best perks of going to Disney.

Like the PP, it does take a lot to get me to consider sending an item back. I worked in food service in high school. I saw too much.
Wow that is so interesting because I am the total opposite.

When my kids were little eating out was a huge treat. simply trying to get 3 kids in order to go to a sit down restaurant was a major undertaking. No way, no how was I going to "waste" one of these perks on bad food.

Now the problem I have with disney's lousy food is that my family owned and ran a successful restaurant in NYC for 30 years and I know that many foods can be prepared tasty, excellent and for a decent price point.
Seriously there is absolutely no excuse for tony's to suck as bad as it does except simply disney doesn't give a hoot. I've dealt with food suppliers, waitstaff, short order cooks, and chefs and some of these restaurants like I said are simply a result of buying the cheapest products and serving it the cheapest way to maximize profits.

So I get seriously angry when I'm looking forward to a good meal, sit down and the meal is medicore at best. IMO, forget the cost, nothing is worse in my life then leaving a restaurant and when some one ask me how was the food I say "meh, it was ok".......

Just my opinion.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #50
denman007

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I guess you don't work as a food service cm lol.

I personally don't like to send food back to the kitchen if I can help it. Too many friends working in kitchens have told me it's not a great idea. There are times a genuine mistake has been made where I'm comfortable sending it back. But for the most part I will just ask for it to be taken off my bill if It's really inedible.
Locally, you don't really send food back, they typically bring you a new whatever and side. It's usually the mgr that brings it to your table.

If I order a $20 steak med rare and it comes out med well - that's a problem.
denman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #51
2girls4me
DIS Veteran

Only once that I can remember. Not a Disney, but s place by us. Although we never got our food, so we only didn't pay for our drinks. A coffee and oj. The manager at the place didn't care at all that it took 45 minutes for our meals. Once I saw the table next to,us, who,sat down am good 30 minutes after we did, got their meals, we left. No one tried to stop us. I complained to corporate and got vouchers for free meals.

DH:

DD (3):

DD (6 months):
2girls4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #52
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
Seriously there is absolutely no excuse for tony's to suck as bad as it does except simply disney doesn't give a hoot.
I also don't understand this! Why, categorically every year there is complaint after complaint about Tony's and nothing changes (The red sauce, yikes). ABC Commissary is another example, I wouldn't let my dog eat there but yet it remains the same, year after year while other QS have better food.

But I guess not enough people boycott these locations to affect Disney's bottom line!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #53
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61
Seriously there is absolutely no excuse for tony's to suck as bad as it does except simply disney doesn't give a hoot.
This is so true! And i agree. There is no excuse whatsoever. I figure this is what Disney is thinking: tony's still makes money even thou it sucks, it must not be THAT bad, so why change it? Thats the only logical excuse i can think of. I wish they would give that place an overhaul. Its awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
I also don't understand this! Why, categorically every year there is complaint after complaint about Tony's and nothing changes (The red sauce, yikes). ABC Commissary is another example, I wouldn't let my dog eat there but yet it remains the same, year after year while other QS have better food.

But I guess not enough people boycott these locations to affect Disney's bottom line!
Yes true. But you would think that after seeing the negative reviews on allears and tripadvisor, that would be enough to make some changes.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #54
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

YES, I agree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
Two
I would never refuse to pay but our meals and the service were bad enough that I didn't enjoy paying.

Tony's - the worst.
Ohana - the second worst

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #55
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post

One of my best friends and her family Love Love Love Tony's! They eat there every time they go to WDW. Must be enough folks like them that they don't feel the need to change.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #56
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
Yes true. But you would think that after seeing the negative reviews on allears and tripadvisor, that would be enough to make some changes.
Reviews on travel sites don't mean anything. Guests need to let Disney know directly.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #57
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

If you want Disney to hear your voice

the email for guest commmunications is:

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

They have some great people there and want to here both bad and good!

bill

Hey Goofy!!

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #58
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post
thank you everyone for the feedback.
I am hoping for the best!

From what I've read service seems to be a major issue too....I'm assuming this taken into consideration when tipping, yes?
We have been enjoying WDW dining for forty years. I just want to add to this thread that we have certainly had better service more than not, and have never ever had anything inedible. In the excitement of traveling, sometimes people forget that if they don't like something, that doesn't neccessarily mean it's bad. If it is bad, send it back. If you don't like it, remember that, and don't order it the next time. Tipping is pretty well set at Disney, especially on the dining plans or in larger groups.

If you complain, do it immediately, and respectfully. They really do want you to be happy!

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #59
hogwartsdropout
~*UK Pavilion CM 08-09*~

Flying Fish was so bad. We were in there for 3 hours before we got our entrees. The food was not good, I think it's the only restaurant at Disney I've ever asked to speak to a manager!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #60
vacationer1954
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2of2 View Post
Reviews on travel sites don't mean anything. Guests need to let Disney know directly.
Guests need to let Disney know directly by not paying for bad stuff. If people pay for it, then it is good.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: