Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
reiella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Can you really refuse to pay though? You can try to get the manager to comp it, but isn't just not paying illegal?
Depends a lot on what happened what your rights are.

For our incident [which I reiterate was not at Disney ], the issue was particularly egregious that I don't believe any restaurant would really want to force payment over, and even if they did, I don't think they'd be able to legally require it.

[ edit ]
I should clarify, our incident was something that was a health code violation.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:00 AM   #17
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

No, but my bar isn't very high. As long as someone else is cooking it, deliverying it to my table, and cleaning up when we're done, I'm good. Everyday life as a mother of 3 has a way of doing that to a person. Eating out for a week without worrying about the cost is one of the best perks of going to Disney.

Like the PP, it does take a lot to get me to consider sending an item back. I worked in food service in high school. I saw too much.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
tangled23
Mouseketeer

Never. Like the PP, if I'm not cooking it and someone is serving it to me I am a happy camper. The only time I will send something back is if there is hair or something in it. And after that I generally lose my appetite anyways

I'm not a big complainer though, and usually it takes a lot to make my family unhappy in Disney world.

tangled23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #19
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Rose and Crown was terrible. My food made me want to be sick- just so disgusting and processed. We still paid with a TS credit though since we wouldn't have had an opportunity to use it up anyway

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

meggiebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #20
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

Rainforest Cafe in downtown was just about the worst dining experience I've had in YEARS anywhere. It started with calling our party and just got worse. We had ADRs, they called us about 15 minutes after our ADR time and when we get up there, they aren't ready for us. Hostess goes to yell at other hostess for calling us. Another 10 minutes and they seat us.

The ordering and meal took so long that both my kids fell asleep at the table. Food came out for half the table and not for the other half. We then waited almost 15 minutes for the bill. After waiting ANOTHER 10 minutes for her to return with the card receipts/etc., my mom and I left with the kids to get them to bed while my dad and husband waited to settle. We had 6:30 ADRs and DH walked into our room after 10. We can safely say we will never be back.
Hoodie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #21
DVC-Don
DIS Veteran

Location: Saratoga County, New York and Poinciana (Solivita), Florida in the winters

Sci Fi. Did not have to pay.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #22
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

One time in my life, at Cosmic Ray's, the ribs were so bad and tough they couldn't be eaten.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #23
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

Never at WDW. But I understand the limitations under which some of the restaurants operate and never try to order something that is beyond the capabilities of the location. Or I have read enough reviews to know which places to avoid.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Whaddya mean you don't like sauerkraut? You want bad luck all year? Everything good that's ever happened to me started with sauerkraut! "
rwdavis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
DisDreamsAshley
Mouseketeer

The Coral Reef - We had horrible service and food. They refused to seat us (only 2 of us) at a 4 top table, which I understand, but we had to wait almost 2 hours. Then the food was awful and cold. We didn't have to pay, and we were refunded our CP tickets since the wait caused us to miss the show.

5/14 Pop * 11/13 Pop * 4/13 CSR * 12/12 POR * 4/12 CBR * 2011 POR * 2010 CSR * 2004 AKL * 1999 off site * 1996 WL * 1994 FW
DisDreamsAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Never at Disney...I am not very picky anyway, but I also used to work in several restaurants and I remember what happened to some plates when they got sent back. When I "told" on the individuals I was told to mind my own business. So I kept switching restaurants, but it seemed to happen at most of them. So I generally send nothing back anyway, but I also have never really had to.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #26
tb1972
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
Yes. Tonys! Lol. Although i did pay, I never refused. But i sure as heck didn't wanted to pay! It was gross.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
I agree! Tony's is horrible
Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #27
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Nope. Nothing ever even approaching inedible.

...but I've never been to Tony's. :-)
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #28
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

We walked out of Restaurant Marrakesh. Waited and waited to be seated, and then couldn't even get waited on. I guess since we never ordered, we didn't really refuse to pay but we couldn't even get to that point!

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
disneybride96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 AM   #29
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
For our incident [which I reiterate was not at Disney ], the issue was particularly egregious that I don't believe any restaurant would really want to force payment over, and even if they did, I don't think they'd be able to legally require it.
They probably could, but the manager watching you leave without doing anything to track you down is the same as comping your meal.
vacationer1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 AM   #30
navysaylorgirl
Earning My Ears

Only Once!

At Coral Reef. Our dinner was terrible. Our waiter was so absent that I thought he'd taken his dinner break. Had different servers bring appetizer, main course, refills. He finally showed up for dessert and then we waited 20+ minutes after we were finished to get the bill. He was having trouble with the table next to us. Party of 6, using DP, but they were staying in two different rooms. He completely ignored us. Finally brought bill and said (I kid you not) "I brought you a present to apologize." It was a dolphin shaped DRINK STIRRER. I was was livid. The manager, who realized I was beyond peeved, asked if he could do something and I said no, because if he had refunded my DP entitlements, I just would have lost them. And at that point, I just wanted to go back to the hotel. I called Guest Services the next day, and they sent a $50 gift card to our hotel.

But I've NEVER eaten at CR again.
(now part of Disney's Port Orleans Resort complex)
1994-off property
1997-Disney's All-Star Music Resort
2000-off property
2001 (Thanksgiving)-Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
2002-off property
2007 (Memorial Day)-off property
2011-Pop Century, 50s Bldg. 3
2011 (Thanksgiving)- All-Star Movie, Fantasia Bldg. 8
2012-Art of Animation, Nemo, Bldg. 4
2012 (Christmas)-Port Orleans French Quarter
navysaylorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread