Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #61
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Did you miss last 9 months on this topic?
I should have known it was pointless to ask. Back to (KellyNY && FastPass) lurkdom for me--unless you can answer this question now without referring me to past threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I disagree. During Spring Break we were able to get Fast Passes for Space Mountain as late as 6 pm. Splash Mountain too! We have never had that luxury before. I do believe that people grabbing FP after FP resulted in them being gone A LOT faster than they are now.

Just my observation.
We can certainly observe different things.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #62
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You can observe that FPs are available later.

But you can't observe the reason why.
Not for sure, no. But after many trips of not being able to get FP late into the day, the one trip we take after the time enforcement starts, we are able to. Seems a logical conclusion to draw.

(insert here all of the reasons the people who hate the FP enforcement can come up with to explain the later availability of FPs. Phase of the moon, global warming, or whatever they can come up with. Or the steadfast denial that FP are available later).

Moving on. I do know logic is not proof, but I really don't care. I just like not having all of the FPs gone when I go to grab one. Makes for a much nicer park experience.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #63
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I should have known it was pointless to ask. Back to (KellyNY && FastPass) lurkdom for me--unless you can answer this question now without referring me to past threads.

We can certainly observe different things.
Of course it was pointless to ask what was discussed so many times by others and esp. by you and me. I have no interest running another circle, esp. when I know how it will end, don't you?

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #64
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Not for sure, no. But after many trips of not being able to get FP late into the day, the one trip we take after the time enforcement starts, we are able to. Seems a logical conclusion to draw.

(insert here all of the reasons the people who hate the FP enforcement can come up with to explain the later availability of FPs. Phase of the moon, global warming, or whatever they can come up with. Or the steadfast denial that FP are available later).

Moving on. I do know logic is not proof, but I really don't care. I just like not having all of the FPs gone when I go to grab one. Makes for a much nicer park experience.

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #65
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Of course it was pointless to ask what was discussed so many times by others and esp. by you and me. I have no interest running another circle, esp. when I know how it will end, don't you?
Only your observations and reports you choose to believe are facts then--got it. Buh-bye.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #66
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Observation #1: Fastpasses are available later in the day
Observation #2: Fastpass lines are longer

Hypotheses that can explain these observations:
1: Fastpass enforcement policy changed enough people's behavior to result in these outcomes

2: There are more fastpasses available

3: Both #1 and #2 above are happening

There are no facts that can tell us which of these (if any) is correct. Trying to do so is, thus, pure speculation.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #67
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad

1: Fastpass enforcement policy changed enough people's behavior to result in these outcomes

There are no facts that can tell us which of these (if any) is correct. Trying to do so is, thus, pure speculation.
Completely agree. You understand the differences between observations, hypotheses, speculation, and facts.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #68
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Only your observations and reports you choose to believe are facts then--got it. Buh-bye.
If this is how you feel, OK then.

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #69
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post

FP lines are not longer all the time. There are reports and I experienced one long line myself, but nobody said all lines were longer all the time. In fact there are reports of longer, shorter and just the same lines. I think it is pretty important difference when we are talking about possible signs of FP increase. If it was all the time, then it could be a sign but since it is only occasional and happened from time to time before, with new rules it can be easily explained with ride breakage.

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #70
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post

I agree with this. However, observations still are not facts. I know what I saw, but I also know that what I saw may not be the norm all the time. I know what I have read on these boards, but I know that I don't read every single post on here and we are a small contingent of people who go to WDW at any given time. This argument about who is right seems very strange given that nobody knows if anything is right. I simply commented to warn the OP that fastpass lines may be significantly longer than he is used to because that is what I observed. Fastpasses for TSM were still gone early.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #71
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Here now, have gotten and used several FP's. Strict about return time, but other than that we are not noticing any difference than at anytime before.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #72
mesaboy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse
Here now, have gotten and used several FP's. Strict about return time, but other than that we are not noticing any difference than at anytime before.
This can't be right, FPs are lasting longer in the day. If you don't see that you must be in steadfast denial! Others have observed this so it must be true.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #73
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This can't be right, FPs are lasting longer in the day. If you don't see that you must be in steadfast denial! Others have observed this so it must be true.
Definitely can't be right! How come they did not notice all the increase in FPs distribution and all the long lines, hm, the evidence in support of so called CMs reports?

HO HO HO
Old 11-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #74
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyhappyandgrumpy View Post
Hey all!
Last year was our first trip to Disney. We loved the fast passes. I've heard that they are now enforcing the return times - how strict is this? Also - has anyone heard how that new fast pass system is working in trial? What's the word on when it will be available for everyone?
Thanks for the info!!
~Hi *again* Sleepyhappyandgrumpy! You must have perfect timing, because Disney has just announced another trial for FastPass+ on December 11th - 15th, for the Magic Kingdom & Disney's Hollywood Studios!!! Yay!!! Here are two threads with some very excited & lucky guests who will participate in the upcoming trial -- Thread ONE & Thread TWO. It's so awesome to see so many people excited about this!

~I think FastPass+ is going to be a huge success!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #75
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
So someone can be steadfast in believing one way, but not the other? That is what I am getting here.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: