Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #61
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Did you miss last 9 months on this topic?
I should have known it was pointless to ask. Back to (KellyNY && FastPass) lurkdom for me--unless you can answer this question now without referring me to past threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I disagree. During Spring Break we were able to get Fast Passes for Space Mountain as late as 6 pm. Splash Mountain too! We have never had that luxury before. I do believe that people grabbing FP after FP resulted in them being gone A LOT faster than they are now.

Just my observation.
We can certainly observe different things.
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #62
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,076

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You can observe that FPs are available later.

But you can't observe the reason why.
Not for sure, no. But after many trips of not being able to get FP late into the day, the one trip we take after the time enforcement starts, we are able to. Seems a logical conclusion to draw.

(insert here all of the reasons the people who hate the FP enforcement can come up with to explain the later availability of FPs. Phase of the moon, global warming, or whatever they can come up with. Or the steadfast denial that FP are available later).

Moving on. I do know logic is not proof, but I really don't care. I just like not having all of the FPs gone when I go to grab one. Makes for a much nicer park experience.
maxiesmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #63
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I should have known it was pointless to ask. Back to (KellyNY && FastPass) lurkdom for me--unless you can answer this question now without referring me to past threads.



We can certainly observe different things.
Of course it was pointless to ask what was discussed so many times by others and esp. by you and me. I have no interest running another circle, esp. when I know how it will end, don't you?
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #64
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Not for sure, no. But after many trips of not being able to get FP late into the day, the one trip we take after the time enforcement starts, we are able to. Seems a logical conclusion to draw.

(insert here all of the reasons the people who hate the FP enforcement can come up with to explain the later availability of FPs. Phase of the moon, global warming, or whatever they can come up with. Or the steadfast denial that FP are available later).

Moving on. I do know logic is not proof, but I really don't care. I just like not having all of the FPs gone when I go to grab one. Makes for a much nicer park experience.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #65
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Of course it was pointless to ask what was discussed so many times by others and esp. by you and me. I have no interest running another circle, esp. when I know how it will end, don't you?
Only your observations and reports you choose to believe are facts then--got it. Buh-bye.
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #66
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessArlena'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,338

Observation #1: Fastpasses are available later in the day
Observation #2: Fastpass lines are longer

Hypotheses that can explain these observations:
1: Fastpass enforcement policy changed enough people's behavior to result in these outcomes

2: There are more fastpasses available

3: Both #1 and #2 above are happening

There are no facts that can tell us which of these (if any) is correct. Trying to do so is, thus, pure speculation.
__________________
PrincessArlena'sDad is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #67
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad
Observation #1: Fastpasses are available later in the day
Observation #2: Fastpass lines are longer

Hypotheses that can explain these observations:
1: Fastpass enforcement policy changed enough people's behavior to result in these outcomes

2: There are more fastpasses available

3: Both #1 and #2 above are happening

There are no facts that can tell us which of these (if any) is correct. Trying to do so is, thus, pure speculation.
Completely agree. You understand the differences between observations, hypotheses, speculation, and facts.
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #68
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Only your observations and reports you choose to believe are facts then--got it. Buh-bye.
If this is how you feel, OK then.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #69
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
Observation #1: Fastpasses are available later in the day
Observation #2: Fastpass lines are longer

Hypotheses that can explain these observations:
1: Fastpass enforcement policy changed enough people's behavior to result in these outcomes

2: There are more fastpasses available

3: Both #1 and #2 above are happening

There are no facts that can tell us which of these (if any) is correct. Trying to do so is, thus, pure speculation.
FP lines are not longer all the time. There are reports and I experienced one long line myself, but nobody said all lines were longer all the time. In fact there are reports of longer, shorter and just the same lines. I think it is pretty important difference when we are talking about possible signs of FP increase. If it was all the time, then it could be a sign but since it is only occasional and happened from time to time before, with new rules it can be easily explained with ride breakage.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #70
Melodious
DIS Veteran
 
Melodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessArlena'sDad View Post
Observation #1: Fastpasses are available later in the day
Observation #2: Fastpass lines are longer

Hypotheses that can explain these observations:
1: Fastpass enforcement policy changed enough people's behavior to result in these outcomes

2: There are more fastpasses available

3: Both #1 and #2 above are happening

There are no facts that can tell us which of these (if any) is correct. Trying to do so is, thus, pure speculation.
I agree with this. However, observations still are not facts. I know what I saw, but I also know that what I saw may not be the norm all the time. I know what I have read on these boards, but I know that I don't read every single post on here and we are a small contingent of people who go to WDW at any given time. This argument about who is right seems very strange given that nobody knows if anything is right. I simply commented to warn the OP that fastpass lines may be significantly longer than he is used to because that is what I observed. Fastpasses for TSM were still gone early.
__________________
Melodious is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #71
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,117

Here now, have gotten and used several FP's. Strict about return time, but other than that we are not noticing any difference than at anytime before.
North of Mouse is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #72
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse
Here now, have gotten and used several FP's. Strict about return time, but other than that we are not noticing any difference than at anytime before.
This can't be right, FPs are lasting longer in the day. If you don't see that you must be in steadfast denial! Others have observed this so it must be true.
mesaboy2 is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #73
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
This can't be right, FPs are lasting longer in the day. If you don't see that you must be in steadfast denial! Others have observed this so it must be true.
Definitely can't be right! How come they did not notice all the increase in FPs distribution and all the long lines, hm, the evidence in support of so called CMs reports?
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 03:44 AM   #74
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,483

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyhappyandgrumpy View Post
Hey all!
Last year was our first trip to Disney. We loved the fast passes. I've heard that they are now enforcing the return times - how strict is this? Also - has anyone heard how that new fast pass system is working in trial? What's the word on when it will be available for everyone?
Thanks for the info!!
~Hi *again* Sleepyhappyandgrumpy! You must have perfect timing, because Disney has just announced another trial for FastPass+ on December 11th - 15th, for the Magic Kingdom & Disney's Hollywood Studios!!! Yay!!! Here are two threads with some very excited & lucky guests who will participate in the upcoming trial -- Thread ONE & Thread TWO. It's so awesome to see so many people excited about this!

~I think FastPass+ is going to be a huge success!!!
__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #75
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders
 
maxiesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The West side of the mitten
Posts: 23,076

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
This can't be right, FPs are lasting longer in the day. If you don't see that you must be in steadfast denial! Others have observed this so it must be true.
So someone can be steadfast in believing one way, but not the other? That is what I am getting here.
maxiesmom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.