Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #46
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I understand you choose not to believe that. Until we have something concrete to work with, it's ALL pure speculation.

But I do think anyone who believes the numbers haven't changed, or that it's not in preparation for FP+ is just kidding themselves
I choose to believe facts, not rumors and speculations and FP increase is a pure speculation. As for testing, I do not know what exactly they do, neither do you, so any assumption is just another speculation.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #47
Melodious
DIS Veteran

I don't think there are many actual, honest to goodness facts on this issue at all. It did not seem to me, either in the park or checking the lines app that fastpasses have been available much longer than before. I personally have never before seen fastpasses lines out the front of the queue or waited in fastpass lines that took so long.
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #48
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
I don't think there are many actual, honest to goodness facts on this issue at all. It did not seem to me, either in the park or checking the lines app that fastpasses have been available much longer than before. I personally have never before seen fastpasses lines out the front of the queue or waited in fastpass lines that took so long.
FP lines operate differently now. In past you could go when you pleased and if line was a bit longer, and there were plenty of cases like that, you could just return later. Now, if ride broke you are given a chance to return later but when you return you will see all the people who must go now or lose FP. Considering how often rides break recently, more then once every day, according to trip reports and my own observations, I am not surprised that at some points during the day FP can be longer. Notice it does not happen all the time.

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #49
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
Agree with all, and particularly the bolded.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #50
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I choose to believe facts, not rumors and speculations and FP increase is a pure speculation. As for testing, I do not know what exactly they do, neither do you, so any assumption is just another speculation.
You are choosing to believe what you OBSERVE, but are also making a speculation as to WHY it is happening.

You are speculating that the FP Return Time enforcement is the only reason that FP's may be available later in the day.

Is it possible that there is also another procedure contributing to that?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #51
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
You are choosing to believe what you OBSERVE, but are also making a speculation as to WHY it is happening.

You are speculating that the FP Return Time enforcement is the only reason that FP's may be available later in the day.

Of course, I am pretty sure that flying pigs can contribute but unless FP cannot produce what we see now and there are strong evidence that there is something else at work that cannot be explained by new rules, I choose to work with facts and not mysterious possibilities which are nothing but speculations created and spread to diminish enforcement benefits.

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #52
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course, I am pretty sure that flying pigs can contribute but unless FP cannot produce what we see now and there are strong evidence that there is something else at work that cannot be explained by new rules, I choose to work with facts and not mysterious possibilities which are nothing but speculations created and spread to diminish enforcement benefits.
Observations are not facts, despite how tempting it is to try to extrapolate and turn them into facts.

And pigs don't fly. But I have it on good authority that elephants do.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #53
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Observations are not facts, despite how tempting it is to try to extrapolate and turn them into facts.

Maybe that's what this alleged "dragon" will turn out to be.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #54
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Maybe that's what this alleged "dragon" will turn out to be.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #55
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Facts are facts, no matter how much some would love to call them observations, speculations or any other word to diminish those facts and to justify their own speculations.
Truth is, some refuse to admit enforcement benefits and will go great distance to come out with any other explanation why it is what it is, esp. when some people who spread those rumors are the same people who were predicting end of the world after enforcement. Too obvious.

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #56
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post

Ooops, I didn't mean to reply to you on this thread.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #57
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Facts are facts, no matter how much some would love to call them observations, speculations or any other word to diminish those facts and to justify their own speculations.
Truth is, some refuse to admit enforcement benefits and will go great distance to come out with any other explanation why it is what it is, esp. when some people who spread those rumors are the same people who were predicting end of the world after enforcement. Too obvious.
Can I earnestly ask you to list all the facts we have about FP enforcement outside of the following two:

1. Enforcement started on March 7.
2. Enforcement means you can no longer return after the window (excluding special circumstances such as ride failures or guest recovery situations).

Am I missing any others?

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #58
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Can I earnestly ask you to list all the facts we have about FP enforcement outside of the following two:

1. Enforcement started on March 7.
2. Enforcement means you can no longer return after the window (excluding special circumstances such as ride failures or guest recovery situations).

Am I missing any others?

Did you miss last 9 months on this topic?

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #59
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Agree with all, and particularly the bolded.
I disagree. During Spring Break we were able to get Fast Passes for Space Mountain as late as 6 pm. Splash Mountain too! We have never had that luxury before. I do believe that people grabbing FP after FP resulted in them being gone A LOT faster than they are now.

Just my observation.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #60
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I disagree. During Spring Break we were able to get Fast Passes for Space Mountain as late as 6 pm. Splash Mountain too! We have never had that luxury before. I do believe that people grabbing FP after FP resulted in them being gone A LOT faster than they are now.

Just my observation.
You can observe that FPs are available later.

But you can't observe the reason why.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: