Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #31
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I know the probable answer, but what if you get a FP with a return time during an ADR you have?

I'm assuming that I'd just need to wait for the FP return window to go later before getting the FP, right? Or are they allowing exceptions for a slightly extended ride time if you can prove you were eating a meal?
There's a large sign over the FastPass machine that tells you the time that's going to be printed on the ticket. You should consider your ADRs and other commitments before getting the FastPass.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #32
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
I know the probable answer, but what if you get a FP with a return time during an ADR you have?

I'm assuming that I'd just need to wait for the FP return window to go later before getting the FP, right? Or are they allowing exceptions for a slightly extended ride time if you can prove you were eating a meal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
There's a large sign over the FastPass machine that tells you the time that's going to be printed on the ticket. You should consider your ADRs and other commitments before getting the FastPass.
The above quote covers the ADR question. If you are going to be eating during that time, just don't take one for that time. Wait a few minutes and the time will probably line up right for you. There is an allowable 15 minute grace period being followed but there are a lot of maybe's connected with it. If they are not too busy or are unable to accommodate for some other reason, they will say no and have been pretty consistent on not going over the 15 minutes. It would be a big risk considering factors such as, how quick the ADR service is. Really not worth the risk.

The second scenario happened to me on my last trip. After getting my Fastpass, I found that the time conflicted with another activity that members of my party had set up (while I was getting the Fastpasses). I simply went back to the kiosk, which by then was windowing at a time that would fit, found a group with the current workable window time collecting the same number of Fastpasses and I approached them and asked if they wanted to swap theirs for an earlier time. First people I asked, gladly swapped with me and we were all happy. It took about 5 minutes out of my time and saved probably an hour of standby time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 09:56 AM   #33
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
I simply went back to the kiosk, which by then was windowing at a time that would fit, found a group with the current workable window time collecting the same number of Fastpasses and I approached them and asked if they wanted to swap theirs for an earlier time. First people I asked, gladly swapped with me and we were all happy. It took about 5 minutes out of my time and saved probably an hour of standby time.
I did that a couple of times on my last trip too. Worked well.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #34
levenhopper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony609 View Post
You should only grab a FP you think you can make .. No ADR exceptions.. However I have heard some Cms at restaurants giving out FP for extremely late seating or errors.. Not the norm. Again plan for your FP after meal of before. If after Allow plenty of time for "life".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
The above quote covers the ADR question. If you are going to be eating during that time, just don't take one for that time. Wait a few minutes and the time will probably line up right for you. There is an allowable 15 minute grace period being followed but there are a lot of maybe's connected with it. If they are not too busy or are unable to accommodate for some other reason, they will say no and have been pretty consistent on not going over the 15 minutes. It would be a big risk considering factors such as, how quick the ADR service is. Really not worth the risk.

The second scenario happened to me on my last trip. After getting my Fastpass, I found that the time conflicted with another activity that members of my party had set up (while I was getting the Fastpasses). I simply went back to the kiosk, which by then was windowing at a time that would fit, found a group with the current workable window time collecting the same number of Fastpasses and I approached them and asked if they wanted to swap theirs for an earlier time. First people I asked, gladly swapped with me and we were all happy. It took about 5 minutes out of my time and saved probably an hour of standby time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
I did that a couple of times on my last trip too. Worked well.
Thanks! Like I hinted at, I was expecting this to be the answer, and it makes sense to me. I just wanted to double check, to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #35
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

It is enforced and it has positive effects. People grab FP when they actually can use them during the window. As a result FPs last longer and window opens sooner with very few exceptions. We enjoyed it a lot. On our previous trips we constantly waited in SB line since we arrive to parks in afternoon. This trip over 4th of July we were able to get FPs later in the day and did much more rides.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #36
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
It is enforced and it has positive effects. People grab FP when they actually can use them during the window. As a result FPs last longer and window opens sooner with very few exceptions. We enjoyed it a lot. On our previous trips we constantly waited in SB line since we arrive to parks in afternoon. This trip over 4th of July we were able to get FPs later in the day and did much more rides.

We have no idea why fastpasses are lasting longer. My hunch is it has to do with the reports we've heard from CM's here on the boards saying they have added more FP's into the system every day in anticipation for FP+.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #37
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
I agree that enforcement is very strict. I don't know if this is directly related but on our recent trip, several fastpass lines were very long. The fastpass line for the safari extended out into the African village and required several CMs to keep the line straight. It took about 20 minutes to get through
This seems pretty common on the safari lately. I *think* and I don't know for sure... but my guess is it has something to do with the way they cross strollers over mid way through the line. I have no concrete theory except this seems to hold up the FP line.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen

This seems pretty common on the safari lately. I *think* and I don't know for sure... but my guess is it has something to do with the way they cross strollers over mid way through the line. I have no concrete theory except this seems to hold up the FP line.
But safari wasn't the only fastpass line on our trip that was coming out the front (so to speak). Waiting much longer in fastpass lines didn't seem like an improvement to me, but I eagerly await what will happen next
Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #39
hidingmickey
wuteva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

We have no idea why fastpasses are lasting longer. My hunch is it has to do with the reports we've heard from CM's here on the boards saying they have added more FP's into the system every day in anticipation for FP+.
They would last longer if a FP for a family who was able to get the time of say 10-11 but had an ADR at 10 did not take one since they could not use it, then it was left for a person who could use it. So instead of people snatching them all up regardless of time in the am actually had to wait to take one because a time did not work for them, vs the grab n go without consequences. I mean I can see it stretching it out some what but I don't know about all day...
Old 11-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #40
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I'm not convinced they are lasting longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidingmickey

They would last longer if a FP for a family who was able to get the time of say 10-11 but had an ADR at 10 did not take one since they could not use it, then it was left for a person who could use it. So instead of people snatching them all up regardless of time in the am actually had to wait to take one because a time did not work for them, vs the grab n go without consequences. I mean I can see it stretching it out some what but I don't know about all day...
You assume that enough people knew about the return-anytime-later-that-day policy to have an effect. I'm even less convinced on this particular point.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #41
hidingmickey
wuteva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

I'm not convinced they are lasting longer.

You assume that enough people knew about the return-anytime-later-that-day policy to have an effect. I'm even less convinced on this particular point.
I assume that based on the uproar I can read on these boards under nearly any FP thread. I think plenty of people used to take advantage of it, either that or not so many people would be on these boards crying about the change.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #42
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidingmickey

I assume that based on the uproar I can read on these boards under nearly any FP thread. I think plenty of people used to take advantage of it, either that or not so many people would be on these boards crying about the change.
The number of people on these boards is an incredibly small percentage of people in the park at any given moment. Ergo, almost no effect and almost certainly not a noticeable one.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #43
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
When people do not grab FP without paying attention to return window they last longer, simple fact. As of CM reports, just a rumor spread by few people who do not want to accept that enforcement did some good. Unless I missed something I never saw CMs who have been here for years to ever confirm FP increase, nor there are actually any evidences to support this idea.

HO HO HO
Old 11-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #44
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
When people do not grab FP without paying attention to return window they last longer, simple fact. As of CM reports, just a rumor spread by few people who do not want to accept that enforcement did some good. Unless I missed something I never saw CMs who have been here for years to ever confirm FP increase, nor there are actually any evidences to support this idea.
I understand you choose not to believe that. Until we have something concrete to work with, it's ALL pure speculation.

But I do think anyone who believes the numbers haven't changed, or that it's not in preparation for FP+ is just kidding themselves
Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #45
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
The number of people on these boards is an incredibly small percentage of people in the park at any given moment. Ergo, almost no effect and almost certainly not a noticeable one.
True, but we do not know how many people outside of this board knew about late use of FPs. It was one of arguments of late FPers that information was available on other sites, spread by ride CMs right in the park, not to mention that all of us contributed in spreading a word. The actual number was definitely bigger then Disers and therefore effect can be actually visible.

HO HO HO
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: