Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
jamelynn24
Mouseketeer

BLT theme park view or MVMCP???

If you had to choose.... Would you pick one night in a theme park view at BLT or one night at MVMCP?? We have not done either one and want to pick one due to cost. It's just me and my husband...our first adult only trip since our honeymoon 12 years ago!!
jamelynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

Thats a hard one, more romance(IMHO) or paying the cost for luke warm coco and dry cookie, pretty cool parade ,fireworks and are you into meeting characters? MVMCP is a worth doing atleast once.
Depends on how much you will be in your room. A great view is hard to beat.
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
MEK
DIS Veteran

Agree that its a tough decision. If you are still thinking about it for this year there's a good chance that you may end up going to the party on a sold out night. In that respect, the room will be nicer and you have access to the amenities of the resort until midnight the day of check-out.

I love the party and it is worth doing once.

Will you have park tickets otherwise? If so, I might opt for the room since its a couples trip. If you don't have any park tickets, I'd go with the party.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
mrsR123
Mad about the mouse
Teacher, teacher, can you teach me?

If you'll both enjoy meeting specialty characters and seeing shows, then I'd say MVMCP. Otherwise, the theme park view is pretty cool.

I stayed in a lake view room a couple of years ago and loved watching the fireworks from the roof and even the elevator lobbies, but a view from your very own room would be tremendous.

I'm planning a trip for next December. At this point I'll only buy MVMCP tickets for DD18 and myself-- the boys and DH can go to Epcot or DHS to ride roller coasters for "free" on regular tickets that night while DD and I do character photos.
mrsR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

hmm, another option is pick a lake view studio that happens to have a theme park view, also. We got lucky when we checked into BLT the week of Thanksgiving. We asked for a lake view, which we got. However, we asked for a higher room than they originally gave us. She smiled and said she had something a little higher that had a nice view. It may have just been some nice magic, but it may have been because it was a birthday trip for me and on our reservation. Either way, we were very pleased. When we walked into the room, we found that we could see MK very well while sitting on the balcony drinking coffee. The fireworks were beautiful from there.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Theme park view is nice, but I doubt I'll go with one again. I've had a stellar lake view...got a wonderful view of MK from our balcony. I can go up to the ToW to see the fireworks if I want. And while I did love sitting on the balcony in the morning, with my coffee, watching the monorail and the MK come to life, I just don't think it's worth the high cost.

I used to do the party every year. Not anymore. I'm doing it this year since I didn't do it last year. It's expensive, so figure every other year works for me.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Theme park view is nice, but I doubt I'll go with one again. I've had a stellar lake view...got a wonderful view of MK from our balcony. I can go up to the ToW to see the fireworks if I want. And while I did love sitting on the balcony in the morning, with my coffee, watching the monorail and the MK come to life, I just don't think it's worth the high cost.

I used to do the party every year. Not anymore. I'm doing it this year since I didn't do it last year. It's expensive, so figure every other year works for me.
I'd recommend going to ToW for everyone at least once. It was nice up there, we thought. There are so many great viewing spots from BLT, I have to agree with you. The fireworks can be seen up there, from some lake view rooms, from several windows, etc. I'm not sure I would pay for a MK view room.

We got lucky and were at ToW for Wishes one night and then a little later there were more fireworks. We were all in awe but questioning where they were coming from because they were beautiful. They said they were provided by a private family that was staying at Wilderness Lodge.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
jamelynn24
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your suggestions!!! I have been reading them over all morning and trying to make up my mind. Our trip is in 8 days!! So just for fun, I checked the DVC website and there were TWO nights at BLT in a lake view room. I snagged that right away!! So now we will do that AND go to MVMCP!! My main concern was going to the party and not having enough time to enjoy the room/view, but now we will be there for two nights, rather than one. I'm so excited!!
jamelynn24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: