Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #16
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

we have a "mostly" Disney tree. we even put the monorail around the bottom (with the Contemporary Resort too). this year, DS picked out to add Space Mountain to the mix!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsheppo View Post
Most of my tree is Disney themed. I have a large amount of Disney ornaments, Tinkerbell topper and Disney tree skirt.

I also have a Disney lamppost that I bought a couple of years ago

Thank You for posting pictures Mrsheppo I was just about to ask, "Where are your pictures?" I'd love to see pictures of Disney trees. Please !
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

I have an "exclusively Disney" tree that I put in our den. It has a Tink topper and all Disney ornaments.

Then I do the other tree in the livingroom that has all the other ornaments (heirloom ones or those that I like that are not Disney) on it.

My husband says I have "issues" with Christmas ornaments. I have a lot of them.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

You mean to tell me that there are other kinds of Christmas trees? LOL

We used to put up two trees. Now we have one and it's just Disney themed.

The fiber-optic Tink is the topper. Every year we pick up a few more ornaments while in WDW. We also have quite a few Hallmark ones too.

We're a Disney family and we all love it.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I have an almost Disney tree... I haven't finished decorating it yet, but here is what it looks like for now:

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

We have a mostly Disney tree. About 75% of the ornaments are Disney, the star on top has Mickey and Minnie sitting on it and we have a personalized Disney treeskirt.

We also have personalized Disney stockings, a hidden mickey advent calendar and various other Disney decorations.

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

I just put the Disney tree up in my master bedroom Saturday. I, too, have the Tinkerbell topper. Christmas tree ornaments are my favorite souvenirs!

Oh, I wanted to share an idea for decorating your Disney trees. When my son was younger, he had a can of those green army men from Toy Story. I now use them on the tree. I have them hanging down from the lower branches of the tree!

TC
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
I put up our Christmas tree and did the lights last night and the kids and I decorated it today. I've collected many Disney themed ornaments from WDW, Disneystore, Hallmark, and other retailers over the years. Although I have loads of other ornaments that have been handed down or bought over the years I decided to do a mostly exclusive Disney tree this year. We just went to WDW in August and are still talking about our trip so it's a nice way to keep the memories going. I also purchased the Disney's Magical Fireplace DVD, we had that on in the background while we did the tree. Someday I hope I we can go to WDW for Christmas, even if it's only for a few days.
Absolutely, every year. We put a tree in our living room with Hallmark Disney ornaments and Disney ornaments we have collected from Disney World over the years. It is "full" of ornaments. We also have another non-Disney tree in our family room.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #24
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

I have a tree with ornaments I've collected from all my Disney trips, as well as some other ornaments. I have the mouse king ornaments from The Nutcracker. Seems kinda fitting on a Disney tree. lol

Here it is:

Don't know why the pics show sideways, but that's it. The second is a close up of some of the ornaments from Disney.

Last edited by Kennywife; 11-26-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #25
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
...(& we have a small table-top tree with "I Love Lucy" ornaments.)
Love it!

I would love to see a picture of your "Lucy" tree! I am a huge fan of I Love Lucy. I have several Lucy ornaments on our tree, but now you've got me thinking of doing a small tree with just Lucy ornaments next year.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #26
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randi
Actually I am very big on themed trees. I have 3 different themes, all stored in their own bins so my sons & I could decide which one to use each year.

The Disney one had a plush Mickey tree topper and all ornaments were either bought at WDW or were Hallmark. Even the skirt had characters on it.

I don't put up a tree anymore and I sure do miss those family Christmasses. Heck I miss my family, all I have left is memories.
This stuck with me. I hope you have a happy Christmas.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #27
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
I put up our Christmas tree and did the lights last night and the kids and I decorated it today. I've collected many Disney themed ornaments from WDW, Disneystore, Hallmark, and other retailers over the years. Although I have loads of other ornaments that have been handed down or bought over the years I decided to do a mostly exclusive Disney tree this year. We just went to WDW in August and are still talking about our trip so it's a nice way to keep the memories going. I also purchased the Disney's Magical Fireplace DVD, we had that on in the background while we did the tree. Someday I hope I we can go to WDW for Christmas, even if it's only for a few days.
....I'd sure love it if you posted a pic or two...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #28
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #29
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #30
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

Our tree is being Disney-fied slowly over time. We add 3 ornaments each year. 1 foe ds6, 1 for ds3, 1 for dw & myself. The last few years have been all Disney. The boys pick their own ornament, but we have been able to steer them towards Disney.

Ds5 has picked Lightening McQueen, Prep & Landing, Spiderman(sad it wasn't disney, but now I can count him as Disney lol), and this was Jake.

Ds3 has picked Mickey&Minnie in santa outfits and this year was a collection of 5 small Jake & the Neverland Pendants that we glue to a standard ornament.

DW & I have picked a 2010 Mickey Ears Ornament, a 2011 Disney Photo Frame Ornament, & this year picked a Mickey Ears Ornament that has the major symbol of each park carved into it.

We are finally hitting the stage were we have so many ornaments we stop putting up ornaments with no significant meaning. Also, the tree will never be 100% Disney. There are just some ornaments that are meaningful to us that we won't give up. However, can very easily see an 85% Disney tree in the future. The fun part is the collecting over time though.

Also, our Christmas Village is Disney-fied as well. About half our buildings are Department 56 Disney buildings with the figures to go with them.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: