Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

3 or 4 days?

Going Jan 7 (Monday) - 12 (Saturday). We basically have Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri in Orlando.

We've never been to Universal/IOA before, so we need some time in the parks.

Should we take the 2 day + 1 free day option, or upgrade to the 4-day pass? Harry Potter is VERY important to the kids so we need to be sure to have enough time for that. We will not be staying at a Universal hotel, so no early entry.

If we do the 3 days, what else to do in the area for the other day?

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - SURPRISE celebration December 2014! (Emerald Island)

aprilfoolwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

If you have an extra day, you could go to a Disney park, Seaworld, Legoland (if the kids are young enough), Busch Gardens (a long way), Cape Kennedy, a beach, shopping, smaller attractions such as Ripleys, Wonderworks or the Titanic exhibit, mini-golf (our favorite) or Gatorland. That's just a start. We personally love checking out places in and around Orlando whenever we visit.

Three days is likely fine for Universal but you can probably upgrade to another day while there if you find it necessary. Hopefully someone will come along and explain that soon.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i shouldn't answer questions like this.

i stay for 10 nights onsite.

hit the parks, take a break and head back to the hotel/pool, shop around in city walk, do rounds of mini golf, explore the other hotels pools & lobbies, do the day entertainment at the pool hotels, evening dive in movies at the pool, lunch/dinners at city walk, BMG, use the free shuttle bus for Seaworld, Aquatica, Wet & Wild, etc.

in the parks check out the parade at the studio, character meets, street entertainment, the shows, cinema show at the studio lagoon, etc.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
snoopboop
Mouseketeer

We were at the parks a few weeks ago and had 3 days at IOA/UO, plus we took the shuttle to Busch Gardens another day. I thought 3 days at Universal was perfect... enough time to see EVERYTHING, but not "too much" time. However, we spent NO time lounging at the hotel. If you want to spend some time swimming, etc...., you may want to add another day.
snoopboop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

THanks for the replies.

I guess what I really should have asked is is there enough to do for 4 days in the parks?

We will certainly do three days - the 4th day would be a total of $98 for the 5 of us, so I guess it makes sense to get the ticket. Even if we just go for a half day it would be worth it.

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - SURPRISE celebration December 2014! (Emerald Island)

Old 11-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
brenda1966
DIS Veteran

Do you like to do rides over and over and over? DD and I spent 4 days there and did everything. And many things over and over and over and over. We really felt like we got our fill of US/IoA. I think 3 days is enough to do it all, but like you say, adding that 4th day is cheaper than buying tickets to do anything else.
WDW: offsite 95, Oct 12; Pop Century: Nov 04, Feb 06, Dec 06, Oct 09; AS Music Oct 10, 11; CBR Oct 07, Apr 14; POR Oct 08 ~ MNSSHP Oct 07, 08, 12
Universal/IoA: Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10, 11 ~ Kennedy Space Oct 10 ~ Sea World Oct 08, 12 ~ Discovery Cove Oct 12
Next: Tokyo!!! Fall 2014! Airfare booked, planning is underway...
brenda1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

I don't need to do rides over and over again, but DD LOVES thrill rides while the younger two don't. So if both DS & I want to get on the thrill rides with DD, we'll be doing rides at least two times. I am pretty sure we'll do the 4th day at this point.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: