Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
DuckDuckDisney
Earning My Ears

Is it too late to cancel a night?

We are leaving this Thursday for 9 nights at POR. I was wondering if it would be possible to cancel our last night or is it too late for that? My grandma lives in northern Florida and found out we are coming down to WDW. We weren't going to visit her this trip since she was just up this summer for two months. But now she's begging us to come visit while we're down there.
DuckDuckDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

If you have a package you can call to cancel the night but you will be charged a change fee.

I would just tell Grandma that you have already made your plans and you cannot get a refund on your already paid-for package. You'll see her next time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Any change within 14 days, you will be charged $15.00.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutolovr View Post
If you have a package you can call to cancel the night but you will be charged a change fee.

I would just tell Grandma that you have already made your plans and you cannot get a refund on your already paid-for package. You'll see her next time.

This. Let her know you can't take more days off from work/school and you apologize.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
TXGRMAMA
Earning My Ears

Not knowing what kind of package you have, this may be an incomplete answer. You will not get money back on package components. But Disney will let you check out early with no penalty on the room. You would get back the pre-paid money for a room night, or two. You would not get back money on tickets or the dining package.

So if it is room only, just check in and then check out early. If it is a full package (tickets, dining), call now about possibly changing your package dates. But you probably will have a fees this close to your arrival dates.
TXGRMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
sndral
DIS Veteran

Since she just visited for 2 months, I'd ask her to join you for a night or 2 if your room capacity would allow this.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
DuckDuckDisney
Earning My Ears

We have a MYW package of 9 nights with 5 days of tix. She called last night while I was at my family's Thanksgiving dinner and I told her that it just wouldn't work out this time. We would have to cut out our "lay low" (packing) day, rent a car and drive 1.5 hours each way to just visit and hour or two. She understood. She was just thinking that we were "so close" to not visit. She didn't know that we are on a schedule with the parks, ADRs, etc. So it all worked out. I can quit fretting now and get back to my packing! Three more days!!! Yeah!!!
DuckDuckDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #8
sndral
DIS Veteran

We'll be there @ the same time! Glad it worked out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: