Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
castmemberb4
DIS Veteran

The SIL who was the wife on DHs brother I got to know much better after they divorced! I like her so much better now that she's not with him and I don't like his new wife at all.
As for my side of the family one DB has been married and divorced several times and has been single for many years now. The other DB lost his beloved wife who had been my "sister" for 34 years, I was very close to her. She was from a big family and I grew up with her younger siblings and older nieces and nephews. Even now we have a yearly reunion that still includes both families. Now he's engaged to a wonderful woman whom I love and know will be a big part of our family.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #32
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

i've never spent more than 4-5 days with my DSIL and her DH, every few years. we live in NE alabama, and they live in san antonio, tx. they both have very important jobs (PhD's in chemistry) and travel a lot, so they only get to come home every 3-5 years.

now my DB's wife....i just wish i didn't know her at all.
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #33
MM27
DIS Veteran

My brother and sil have been married for 18 years now and I probably know her better than I know my own sister, who is very private about things.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #34
Mokat76
DisKat

I know my BIL pretty well. He's a great guy.

My younger brother's second wife not so much. I like her well enough, but we don't see each other very often so I can't really say I know her well.

Now my older brother's widow is a whole different story. We're more like sisters than SILs. I don't live too close to her, either, but we keep in touch. We always got along, but when my brother was so ill, I was there to keep things on an even keel. We grew closer than ever. She's remarried now to a man who is eerily like my brother. He's a quirky guy, but I think he's pretty great. My SIL loves him and that's enough for me.
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #35
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Reading some of these responses makes me realize again how lucky I am. My SIL and I get along very well, in fact she considers me the brother she never had and she is my sister that I never had. I get along really great with all of my in-laws and we ususlly take vacations together. And this after 28 years of marriage.

Now my former BIL we thought we knew, but after his affair and the divorce I found that I did not know him at all. IAnd what I do know I don't like.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #36
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

My wife only has one brother and we only live about 20 minutes from him, so I've known him for 20+ years now. On my side of the family, I know my two siblings' spouses fairly well, even though we may not necessarily get along that great.
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: