Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #31
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

A couple years ago we had a GREAT meal there. Great service and great food. DD and I were excited to go back last year for her birthday meal. It was not good. Neither of our meals were good and the service was just service, nothing special. We won't be back for a while.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #32
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Most of the time if we try a WDW restaurant and it is "eh", we will give it another try on a future visit. For us, Tonys is on a very short list of (2) places that we tried once and will never, ever, ever go back. Just awful all around.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #33
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's on my list as one of the worst values for the money in WDW, for whatever that is worth.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #34
budafam
DIS Veteran

We went there on our last trip in October even after reading all of the horrible reviews. Honestly, it was NOT bad. It wasn't my favorite place but I thought the food tasted great, the value was good (we were on the free dining plan though) and everyone was very friendly there. I'm not sure why people gripe so much. Try it for yourself before you decide against it because of something you read!
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #35
Senor_Jorge
Earning My Ears

We've been to Tony's twice. Once in 2010, and again in 2012.

It's pretty good, but I don't know that I'd call it pretty good Italian...if that makes any sense. The Chicken Parmesan was a huge serving. It was well cooked, the chicken wasn't dry or tough. The breading wasn't burned or greasy. They sauce had some flavor, but didn't merit raves. The second year I had the Baked Ziti. That day in December it was a little cool outside and a nice warm meal was just what I needed. No overpowering flavors, but it was tasty.

Service was great for us both times.

It's a convenient TS restaurant for our normal plans. It isn't a destination for us, but it has been dependable.
Senor_Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #36
believinthemagic
Mouseketeer

We've always had good meals at Tony's. I say give it a try
Many trips as a kid- Ft. WildernessJan 2000- offsiteJan 2001- Treehouse VillasJanuary 2002- PolynesianJanuary 2003 All Star MoviesNovember 2003- Disney Cruise & All Star MoviesFebruary 2005 - Port Orleans FQFebruary 2006 - All Star MoviesJune 2007- All Star MoviesOctober 2008 - Port Orleans FQOctober 2009- Port Orleans FQNovember 2010 - Port Orleans RiversideJanuary 2012- Port Orleans FQJanuary 2013 Cruise on Disney Fantasy
believinthemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tistal View Post
Unfortunately, there's not a lot of choices in MK.

This is entirely my opinion, and I've got my flame suit on.

In my opinion, if you're expecting real Italian food avoid it like the plague.

If you're okay with food that is, in my opinion, of lesser quality than Olive Garden, it's fine. Some people love Olive Garden, and that's their business...different strokes for different folks. I, however, refuse to eat there.

Full Disclosure: This is coming from someone who a) grew up in an Italian home where homemade pasta and sauces that simmered for hours were the norm on holidays and b) refers to Olive Garden as the Italian McDonald's.

I like Olive Garden, and I found Tony's to be inedible. I am not hard to please at restaurants, I eat almost anything. I found Tonys to be disgusting.
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Yes this is me too. Im easy to please too. I LOVE Olive Garden but I found Tonys to be beyond disgusting. AWFUL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakcp2001
I like Olive Garden, and I found Tony's to be inedible. I am not hard to please at restaurants, I eat almost anything. I found Tonys to be disgusting.
Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #39
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

My sister and I tried Tony's for the first time in May. It wasn't bad, I give it a solid B. We live in a state with real Italian food too. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't put those places out of business, but the meal was fine and I really liked the location. We ate there the night we got in..so it was a nice intro to the trip.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #40
nkereina
Wendy Darling

We thought Tony's was mediocre at best. They sat us immediately which was great, but the food came out so quick. We were on DxDP so we had an app, entree and dessert and we were out of there within 45 minutes. Might be good for some people but we wanted to relax and felt rushed. Not my first choice at MK, but I'd rather eat there than QS.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

I plan on eating there again next time I visit. I've been 3 times, liked every meal I had and love the atmosphere.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #42
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
I'm planing my dinninng for september 2013 and i was thinking about eatting at Tony's and then i read that dinners have hated the place. Could i just have an honest thought about it. Besides i love Lady and the tramp movie.
LOL. ok,
my honest thought is open some ragu spaghetti sauce, pour it over badly cooked noodles and serve luck warm. That's Tony's..

It is the only time in my kids entire life that they thought pasta was nasty and refused to eat it.

In all seriousness, I'd starve before eating here again.

What you thought we were dishonest when we say it's horrible?

If you like the atmosphere, go in, take some pictures and then eat else where.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #43
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickprincess View Post
I'm planing my dinninng for september 2013 and i was thinking about eatting at Tony's and then i read that dinners have hated the place. Could i just have an honest thought about it. Besides i love Lady and the tramp movie.
Try it once for yourself and don't rely on opinions of others on here.. We almost didn't go because of reviews, but my son loved it and my wife and I enjoyed it too. I thought the flat bread was excellent..
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #44
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Try it once for yourself and don't rely on opinions of others on here.. We almost didn't go because of reviews, but my son loved it and my wife and I enjoyed it too. I thought the flat bread was excellent..
This. That's why I don't follow the opinions of other people. There are people here who are extremely picky, or food snobs.Try for yourself and go from there.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #45
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
This. That's why I don't follow the opinions of other people. There are people here who are extremely picky, or food snobs.Try for yourself and go from there.
LOL. or a 3rd reason. It's bad food.

I like reviews, but I take them with a grain of salt. sure you will get the proverbial person who is a foodie but imo when you 7 out of 10 folks saying avoid it like the plague. Well I can't believe that many people are food snobs.

I mean think about the title of this thread. LOL. Tony's has now gotten such a terrible reputation (deservedly so imo) that it's becoming a punch line on a message board. That's pretty bad...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: