Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #16
mickeysbestfriend
DIS Veteran

I totally agree with Goofy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
the spaghetti and meatballs are HORRENDOUS! Worst we ever tasted. Ever. The chicken parm was pretty bad too. I would avoid this place at all cost. It was the worst meal we ever had. I love the movie, but even the atmosphere did nothing for me. it was cold and uninviting.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Ton't is one of the worst restaurants in Disney. It earned three strikes after three tries. Italian food is not that hard to get right but for some reason this challenges the chefs consistently.

I don't go to Italian restaurants to eat steak. Maybe the steak is okay, but there are much better options.

Try Liberty Tree or Be Our Guest. The MK leaves a lot to be desired for table service dining. Head to the monorail and wat at a hotel!

DVC owner-Old Key West
Stockholder
Annual pass holder
TIW member (hate the name)

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...wtac9ku7u8.png
mickeysbestfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysbestfriend View Post
Tony's is one of the worst restaurants in Disney. It earned three strikes after three tries. Italian food is not that hard to get right but for some reason this challenges the chefs consistently.

I don't go to Italian restaurants to eat steak. Maybe the steak is okay, but there are much better options.

Try Liberty Tree or Be Our Guest. The MK leaves a lot to be desired for table service dining. Head to the monorail and wat at a hotel!
Is Mama Melrose better?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
CynBeth
DIS Veteran

Red face

We ate dinner there a year ago and loved it. My husband has food allergies to dairy and black pepper and the chef made up spaghetti and meatballs special for him and he said it was very good. The rest of us also had spaghetti and meatballs and it was pretty good.
CynBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
saintfan
Mouseketeer

We ate there chic parm was really good. It is my DD favorite.
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

I have eaten here multiple times, and never had a bad meal. It's not gourmet, but decent. Now I also don't go in expecting Narcoose's or California Grill, either.

In August, my lasanga was delicious...my DM and DH were pleased with their chicken parmesaen, and my DH had the fail safe pasta with garlic and butter. The green apple sorbet for dessert was heavenly!

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

We had a great meal there last May, in fact it was my birthday dinner. I had the caesar salad and the chicken parmigiana and I loved it. I would definitly give it a try.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #22
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

Oh and I liked it better than Mama Melrose.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #23
Tistal
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of choices in MK.

This is entirely my opinion, and I've got my flame suit on.

In my opinion, if you're expecting real Italian food avoid it like the plague.

If you're okay with food that is, in my opinion, of lesser quality than Olive Garden, it's fine. Some people love Olive Garden, and that's their business...different strokes for different folks. I, however, refuse to eat there.

Full Disclosure: This is coming from someone who a) grew up in an Italian home where homemade pasta and sauces that simmered for hours were the norm on holidays and b) refers to Olive Garden as the Italian McDonald's.
10/11: PORFQ
12/13: PORFQ
5/14: Rock Your Disney Side whirlwind trip
Tistal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #24
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

We eat here at least once during our trip and we really like it. We usually have an early lunch and headed into MK just before our reservation. We like the food and the atmosphere. We wouldn't call it "authentic/traditional" Italian food but we have found the service is great ( amazing with allergies)

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #25
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Take a look at the restaurant reviews posted at WDWinfo and you'll see that Tony's gets some of the lowest overall scores. That's indicative that some folks like it but overall its pretty low as compared to the other restaurants.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #26
VillianDiva
Falling in LOVE with Disney!

We ate there last month and did not like it at all.

I had the chicken parm and my son had the spaghetti and meatballs. We barely ate any of it and will not return. We ate ate Tutto Italia two nights before and that might be what ruined Tony's for us.

'08 (Dolphin) , '09 (All-Star Music),
Disneyland 2011, and 2012 (POP)!

December 2013! (POFQ)
May 2014! POP!!
VillianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #27
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

Ate there once and it was actually pretty good. I didnt have the red sauce though and I understand that's the not so good part about Tony's. Ate there a second time and it was eh. It's edible, but we'd rather go elsewhere on the property.
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #28
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

We have eaten at Tony's 3 or 4 times and always had decent meals. I will say that we've never ordered anything with a red sauce there. Try to eat out in the patio room - you can see the parade go by and it's really fun.

My DD and DH loved their steaks and I have gotten pretty good shrimp scampi. I've also made a meal out of their calamari (very good!) and salad.

On the other hand, we've eaten twice at Mama Melrose and will never go back. The red sauce is terrible so the second time I ordered steak - it was at least 1/3 gristle. Really bad and I have pretty low standards when I'm dining at a theme park.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #29
Dreamfindersgirl
Becoming a Disney Princess

I've never had a problem with it. The service was very attentive and while I definitely had better food elsewhere in WDW, it was still decent.

:
2008- First ever visit- BCV
2010- First Value Resort- ASM
2011- First Moderate Resort- POR
2013- Our 4th Visit- Heading to the ROYAL ROOMS- POR again!

DISNEY WORLD WILL ALWAYS BE MY SECOND HOME!

When you wish upon a star, your dreams DO come true!

The countdown is ON for our next WDW TRIP!
Dreamfindersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #30
CraigInPA
Since June 1974

There are much better table service options to eat in MK, including the Plaza, Liberty Tree Tavern, and Be Our Guest. Tony's regularly garners some of the lowest scores for food quality of all Disney restaurants for a reason. The food is INCREDIBLY variable. Some days it's good. Some days it's bad. Some days it's REALLY bad.

Growing up in an Italian family, and living in an area with excellent Italian restaurants and pizzerias, I know what excellent Italian is supposed to taste like. I consider Olive Garden to be "good" (but not excellent) Italian food. Tony's, the last time I ate there, I'd consider "inedible". The chicken parm was burnt. The pasta was mush. The sauce had little taste. My wife's meal contained rubbery seafood and underdone pasta smothered in a sauce that was improperly prepared and was separating before it was even served to her. IIRC, the bread was the only thing in the entire meal that they didn't manage to ruin. But, remember, I'm an Italian food snob. You may luck out and eat there on one of their "good" days and have lower expectations than I...
CraigInPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: