DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutgers1 View Post
Are the studios, 1BR's, 2BR's or GV's hardest to get? I kind of thought that that the studios would be hardest even though they are the most plentiful since I figure most people are cheapos like me. I want the most nights, even if I have to give up some of the cool things you get with a 1BR.
Most often studios fill before 2BRs which fill before 1BRs. That is not always true since I have seen BLT standard and theme park view and AKV value sometimes have studios available after 1 and 2BRs are gone.

GVs have their own patterns. SSR GV's never fill before 7 months out except potentially for the first week of Dec. BWV GVs very often fill before the 7 month window opens although they can be found at 7 months out some times between Jan and end of Sep. OKW GVs are usually gone at 7 months out between Thanksgiving and Monday after Marathon weekend and sometimes in summer but seldom other times. AKV GVs are usually open at 7 months out except for first two weeks of December and Christmas week and first few days of Jan. BLT GVs are usually difficult at 7 months out in Dec and to some extent in Oct to early Nov and Thansgiving but usually open rest of year. Other than Christmas and to some extent Thanksgiving, holidays usually do not interrupt those patterns, e.g., right now, at the 7 month window, you can get GVs anywhere except BWV for the week that includes July 4.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #17
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
And how would you feel if BCV wasn't available?

Bill
Not too bad... I will just try again next year When I booked BCV, the alternative options presented to me were BWV, and those were ok to me too. I just really wanted to see SAB while my kids can appreciate it At this point, I'll be happy with any DVC we haven't done/stayed before yet.

Until we've done all of the DVCs, I'm probably not too set with one or the other.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

BCV is the main resort I haven't been able to get on short notice (5 months or less). Whenever Southwest comes out with a good deal for me to go to WDW in the next few months, BCV is invariably already booked. And although I've had to waitlist for value studios at AKV, recently the waitlist never came thru. Time for some AKV points!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
VWL2001
Earning My Ears

tough -- but not impossible

Back in May 2010 we actually were able to get AKV-CL at 7 mo. window. Studio. Seems next to impossible. We were looking for 8 nights. Originally had all but first and last nights. We waitlisted for the other two, and they both came through.

Of course, have tried twice since to get that, with no luck. Amazingly, tried today for a July visit, and while studio was not available, 1BR was, for 7 consecutive nights.

Miracles do happen!

VWL2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
Start with the usual suspects at 7 months out: AKV concierge is almost never available, BLT standard is a close second to that as most often not available (and that remains true despite that more standard rooms were added effective Jan 2013), AKV value is next but does have its times when there is room such as in September, first half of Feb, and some other times. Next on the often not available list is BWV standard and boardwalk views, but you can find those at a number of times between mid-January and end of Sep. Also very difficult most times of year are BWV GVs; OKW GVs for some reason seem to be gone a lot in summer but open Jan through May. BCV is actually often open between mid-Jan and October but can be gone at times during then and is usually gone the rest of the year. Exceptions to any of the above are sometimes 1BRs which are usually the last to fill.

Other than the above, everything is usually open mid-Jan to just before end of Sep and that includes the holidays during that time, MLK, Presidents week, Easter time, Memorial Day and July 4, and includes GVs at AKV and BLT. Mid-Aug to just before end of Sep (including time around Labor Day) seems to be DVC's slowest time of the year where you can even get lucky at times and find AKV value and BLT standard.

SSR is always open all year long. Moreover, statement above about difficulty of treehouses is no longer true. DVD did a point shift that raised the points needed for treehouses significantly for every night of the year beginning with reservations starting January 2013 with the result that the treehouses have thus far been wide open in 2013 at 7 months out through early July 2013 (the current 7 month window) and I suspect that pattern will continue.

That brings us to the quarter of death, last few days of Sep through the Monday after Marathon weekend in Jan, the time of high competition and where being on-line to make a reservation at exactly 8 a.m. eastern 7 months out can often mean the difference between getting a reservation you want and not. You have several factors at work then: (a) the lowest and second lowest point cost seasons during that time except for Christmas week and a few days around Thanksgiving; (b) food and wine festival late Sep to almost mid-Nov, and Mickey's Halloween party late Sep through Oct; (c) ideal weather for much of the time until Dec during which it can still be fairly pleasant; (d) Christmas decorations beginning before Thanksgiving; (e) often low air fares in first half of Dec; (f) a lot of DVC members who are now beyond the kids-in-school stage.

The result is that getting any of the close to park resorts, BWV, BCV, BLT, and VWL becomes quite difficult. There are respites during that quarter where those are available, the third week of Dec and about Nov 15 to Tues before Thanksgiving. Nevertheless, you can still usually get AKV and OKW during October, November, and early January except for usual suspects noted above. Also, you can sometimes get lucky and get BWV pool/garden view and BLT lake view particularly if looking for only three or four nights in a row.

Nevertheless, within the quarter of death, there is: (a) the first week of Dec, the highest demand week of the year, when at 7 months even OKW and AKV savanna and standard view are difficult (the last AKV savanna view 2BR disappeared at 8:05 a.m. when the 7 month window opened) and it was the only week of the year where SSR GVs were gone multiple days; (b) Christmas week, the second highest demand week of the year, but you could still get OKW studios through 2BRs and AKV standard and savanna view for the entire week; (c) second week of December, the third highest demand week, which was close to same as Christmas week but if you acted quickly once the 7 month window opened on-line, you could get BLT lake view or BWV pool/garden.
Spoken like someone who has already done the project I am only three weeks into (i.e., capturing availability data for every resort/room type throughout the year). Very informative post. I'm only three weeks into it, so I can't speak to it beyond late June to mid July.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: