DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
surfer_ed
Disney/Marvel Geek and Proud of it

Location: Wish it was Cast Away Cay, but Moose Jaw SK for now

Can I get preferred Seating thru when I stay at GC?

Posted on the DL board but not sure of the answer. I understand when you book thru the Disney Travel Company you can get preferred seating at Aladdin and the parade etc. Can you get this as a DVC member staying at Grand Calif?
1972-Off-site , 1976-Poly, 1977-Off-site, 1978-FW,1980-Christmas at FW,1993-CBR, 1994-Off-site, 1996-Off-site Disneyland,2003-Christmas & Honeymoon CSR, 2004-AKL, 2005-POP MNSSHP and DD first trip, 2006-March DCL/First Trip Home SSR, March 2007 Vero/Beach Club DS First Trip, Oct 2007 ASMo/DCL/Wilderness Lodge, Jan 09 ASSp/ASMu, Nov 09 Vero/DCL/BCV, Jan 2010 Family Reunion AKV, Jan 11 SSR no kids, Jan 12 DCL/BLT, Jan 13 Aulani/DL

2006,2007,2008,2009 Dreams Take Flight Group Leader,Magical Memories for Special Kids
http://yyz.dreamstakeflight.ca/
surfer_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
boiseflyfisher
I'm curious, too

No. There are no special seating perks for staying at The Grand.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

No, you can't get the Preferred Seating for Aladdin through the Grand Californian (though some have reported there are some travel agencies that sell the Preferred Seating vouchers for $10-ish ... I'd have to do a search to find the thread).

There are some good perks for staying at the VGC though, mostly the ones that are available to all Disney resort guests (which there are a lot fewer of in California than in Florida), including the Early Entry to DCA and Magic Mornings at Disneyland (MMs are available to everybody, though limited to one with some hoppers, but resort guests can use them every day). Prior to Early Entry days, and possibly on non-EE days, they would also allow resort guests to get World of Color FPs prior to the park opening. Not sure if they still do this or not, as we haven't stayed since June.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer_ed View Post
Posted on the DL board but not sure of the answer. I understand when you book thru the Disney Travel Company you can get preferred seating at Aladdin and the parade etc. Can you get this as a DVC member staying at Grand Calif?
When you book a *package* through TAs like WDTC you get package things like preferred seating. Not just room-only unless it's a specific offer being made at that time. I have never seen such an offer. And not for DVC stays on points.

For awhile people said that a visit to WDTC offices in DTD, way back past the new Earl of Sandwich,l near the Alamo location, could result in the purchase of those package things, but I never saw much point in it. Our experience with preferred seating wasn't worth anything at all, and we regretted it due to being in line first, seated last, and in a less than optimal location (specifically talking about Aladdin in late 07 here). Never used it, never needed to use it, for anything else.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

We stayed at VGC last January using our DVC points. We purchased our tickets thru Walt Disney Travel company and I asked about this $10 booklet that contains Toontown Madness, etc and they gave it to me with the tickets since I was purchasing the tickets using my Disney VISA credit card. That same booklet contained the preferred seats on the parades, Aladdin, etc.

I think there's a package for that if you were not buying the Hotel/Ticket package.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: