Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #16
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I'm back and will try to check in as often as I can but I have a great deal to do before Christmas comes around.
We'll be happy to see you whenever you can stop by!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Happy belated birthday to Buffy (November 24th).

I hope you had a great day!
How did I miss this?? Happy Belated Birthday Buffy! Hope it was terrific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Hi everyone!

This is our second Disney cruise, but we were only on our first for two nights (DH for one night) - DH was airlifted off our cruise in June due to a medical emergency & we had to leave the cruise very early on. It was pretty lousy (although Disney was great), and this is our do-over vacation wherein DH (a type 1 diabetic) promises to have no hypoglycemic seizures. I almost keep forgetting that we're about to go on vacation!

Couldn't quite control the sweet tooth today - I did fine at a work-provided lunch until I hit the Corner Bakery cookie basket. Two giant cookies later, I am experiencing a bit of regret...

XO
Liz
I had forgotten about your cruise-cut-short earlier this year. You definitely deserve a do-over!! Have a wonderful safe HEALTHY trip!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Liz-- I hope this is a much better cruise for you!

I did ok yesterday with the eating. Better than I have in awhile. I am hoping to see a loss this week.

The biggest problem right now is my lack of motivation for marathon training. The good news--I got up and got a good 66 minute workout in. Mentally one of the toughest things for me has been that the longer the distances means slower speeds for me--which is translating to all my runs being a little slower. When I realized this morning that I was still running significantly above my projected race pace for the full, I felt better about it, even if it isn't as fast as I would like to go. I just want to finish uninjured!

Have a great Tuesday. Just being here is motivating me to make some good choices.
Glad you got some motivation back and realized that "a race run is a race done"! No matter what your pace, you DID IT when you've run a race. And avoiding injury is a BONUS!! I've been pacing myself on the TM for a potential half-marathon that I would do with a combined walk/run. I would be at the back of the pack , but I'm starting to feel like I might actually be able to do it! So slow running sounds wonderful to me!!

***************

Happy Tuesday friends! I'm here at work with just a minute to say hello. I'm hopping around the building covering different one-on-one aides as they attend a short meeting. So the day should go quickly.

Last night's vegetable soup was good. I cooked one serving of quinoa to add to last night's portion for some protein and it really filled me up.

Forgot about tonight's dinner for the crockpot, so I will have to wing it when I get home. I'm thinking veggie burgers and salad! Sounds quick, since we are all heading out by 5:15 pm!

TTYL.................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #17
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,437

Running through and waving and leaving you with this thought from my friends at sparkpeople.com

lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran
 
princessbride6205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,972

Hi, everyone!

After feeling like a rock-star maintainer for so long, it's been a bummer the past month to be above goal. I'm 9 pounds above my lowest and 5-6 pounds from where I'd like to maintain again. I don't know what happened - I've been exercising a little more and I don't think I'm eating much differently. I have a feeling that the cold weather is making me walk less at lunch time and eat little bits more here and there. I would chalk it up to muscle (all that added yoga and cross training!), except I can see and feel a difference in my body and clothes fit, in addition to the scale. On my short, relatively muscular frame, it's amazing how noticeable 5 pounds of fat is!
__________________
Nicole DH DD(6)
If there's a trip, there's a race!
2010 Princess Half * 2011 Wine & Dine Half * 2012 Wine & Dine Half
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
Worfiedoodles
DIS Veteran
 
Worfiedoodles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 5,562

Hi Pamela!

It is so nice to see all the familiar faces chatting! I've been recovering from a hamstring injury (still am, truth be told), and I ate like I was still training when I wasn't

Anyway, ready to get focused because I'm running my 10th half marathon at WDW marathon weekend in January! I sure would like to do it a few lbs lighter

Maria
__________________


Worfiedoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,222
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Happy belated birthday to Buffy (November 24th).

I hope you had a great day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

How did I miss this?? Happy Belated Birthday Buffy! Hope it was terrific!
Thanks!!
I really whooped it up this year!!! We went all out and........wait for it.......... stacked firewood! LOL I got 2 cords of wood for my birthday. Yeehaw!!
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #21
cclovesdis
Warning: Boring!
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,127

Hi Everyone!

Finally getting to check in here. I don't know where the days have went lately. I've been really busy at work and we spent Saturday and Sunday at my grandparents' helping them with things.

Not much is new. I need to have "some" blood work. I need a peanut/tree nut allergy panel plus a latex allergy panel per the allergist. The PCP (finally ) is sending me for glucose tolerance testing to determine if I have post-pradnial hypoglycemia. He is also checking to see how much insulin is in my blood. I had my blood glucose tested at the same time as my most recent routine thyroid test and non-fasting it was 61. He says it is fairly easy to treat, though he doesn't want to do anything until I have the test. The problem is that I have to take at least 4 hours off of work to have the test. I was going to have it the day after Thanksgiving, but I had some TOM problems and needed extra birth control, so I couldn't have the test. I am hoping to have it done on Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well! Great to hear from everyone!
__________________
cclovesdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:47 AM   #22
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Thanks!!
I really whooped it up this year!!! We went all out and........wait for it.......... stacked firewood! LOL I got 2 cords of wood for my birthday. Yeehaw!!
Almost as good as the new crockpot I was going to get for Christmas. I had one go on me Thanksgiving. I did need a new one. That one was 22 years old. Dh got me a new one this weekend. He didn't get me the one where the lid clamps on. He didn't think I would use that feature. I then reminded him that I bring food to his parents house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know what he was thinking.

This weekend I get to rip out paneling and cabinets at my sister's house that was in the flood a month ago.

Have happy and healthy day.
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #23
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Hi, everyone!

After feeling like a rock-star maintainer for so long, it's been a bummer the past month to be above goal. I'm 9 pounds above my lowest and 5-6 pounds from where I'd like to maintain again. I don't know what happened - I've been exercising a little more and I don't think I'm eating much differently. I have a feeling that the cold weather is making me walk less at lunch time and eat little bits more here and there. I would chalk it up to muscle (all that added yoga and cross training!), except I can see and feel a difference in my body and clothes fit, in addition to the scale. On my short, relatively muscular frame, it's amazing how noticeable 5 pounds of fat is!
This is my problem. Though I have been slacking a little on the yoga and weight lifting since the race, so it's probably not muscle. I think those long distances encourage your body to hold onto weight. Or at least I hope that's what it is! I really don't want to track my food again, but I might have to. In the big scheme of things I look perfectly fine, but I feel a little yucky with those extra pounds. Plus I don't want to add anymore. Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,561

Hi everyone,

after the fall challenge was somehow succesful for me (I did lose several pounds even if it was less than my original goal), I am at the moment in the danger of losing my momentum. I said on the old thread that I woudl try to be more chatty on the holiday thread and I think I really need it to keep me motivated! I am just a bit over what would be considered a normal weight (my BMI is currently 25.7) and I so much want to be officially not overweight - and then lose some additional pounds as well. While the Christmas season is not the best time to lose weight, I think it is still the perfect time to watch your eating - otherwise things could be really ugly in January. And I am going on my first Disney cruise in the spring and I really want to look good for the cruise pictures!

So, I hope that I will around more! Thanks for everyone posting here - I find all of you a great source of motivation, even if I sometimes just read along!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #25
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Hi, everyone!

After feeling like a rock-star maintainer for so long, it's been a bummer the past month to be above goal. I'm 9 pounds above my lowest and 5-6 pounds from where I'd like to maintain again. I don't know what happened - I've been exercising a little more and I don't think I'm eating much differently. I have a feeling that the cold weather is making me walk less at lunch time and eat little bits more here and there. I would chalk it up to muscle (all that added yoga and cross training!), except I can see and feel a difference in my body and clothes fit, in addition to the scale. On my short, relatively muscular frame, it's amazing how noticeable 5 pounds of fat is!
Hi Nicole! I have no doubt that you will soon be back at your rock-star maintainer status. It is hard this time of year with the short days -- your body still gets ready for winter whether you want it to or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
Hi Pamela!

It is so nice to see all the familiar faces chatting! I've been recovering from a hamstring injury (still am, truth be told), and I ate like I was still training when I wasn't

Anyway, ready to get focused because I'm running my 10th half marathon at WDW marathon weekend in January! I sure would like to do it a few lbs lighter

Maria
Hi Maria! So nice to see you! And I can't wait to see you in January for your 10th half marathon -- woo hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Thanks!!
I really whooped it up this year!!! We went all out and........wait for it.......... stacked firewood! LOL I got 2 cords of wood for my birthday. Yeehaw!!
LOL Buffy on the practical gift. I hope that you got something nice just for yourself, too. Happy belated birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Hi Everyone!

Finally getting to check in here. I don't know where the days have went lately. I've been really busy at work and we spent Saturday and Sunday at my grandparents' helping them with things.

Not much is new. I need to have "some" blood work. I need a peanut/tree nut allergy panel plus a latex allergy panel per the allergist. The PCP (finally ) is sending me for glucose tolerance testing to determine if I have post-pradnial hypoglycemia. He is also checking to see how much insulin is in my blood. I had my blood glucose tested at the same time as my most recent routine thyroid test and non-fasting it was 61. He says it is fairly easy to treat, though he doesn't want to do anything until I have the test. The problem is that I have to take at least 4 hours off of work to have the test. I was going to have it the day after Thanksgiving, but I had some TOM problems and needed extra birth control, so I couldn't have the test. I am hoping to have it done on Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well! Great to hear from everyone!
Great to hear from you, too, CC! It's so nice of you to help out your grandparents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Almost as good as the new crockpot I was going to get for Christmas. I had one go on me Thanksgiving. I did need a new one. That one was 22 years old. Dh got me a new one this weekend. He didn't get me the one where the lid clamps on. He didn't think I would use that feature. I then reminded him that I bring food to his parents house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know what he was thinking.

This weekend I get to rip out paneling and cabinets at my sister's house that was in the flood a month ago.

Have happy and healthy day.
Hi Dona! Nice to see you! Lucky you, sounds like you might get two crockpots for Christmas. I hope that you get something nice for you, too, you are always helping and looking out for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
This is my problem. Though I have been slacking a little on the yoga and weight lifting since the race, so it's probably not muscle. I think those long distances encourage your body to hold onto weight. Or at least I hope that's what it is! I really don't want to track my food again, but I might have to. In the big scheme of things I look perfectly fine, but I feel a little yucky with those extra pounds. Plus I don't want to add anymore. Thanks for sharing.
I know that you can get back to your rock star maintainer range, too, Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone,

after the fall challenge was somehow succesful for me (I did lose several pounds even if it was less than my original goal), I am at the moment in the danger of losing my momentum. I said on the old thread that I woudl try to be more chatty on the holiday thread and I think I really need it to keep me motivated! I am just a bit over what would be considered a normal weight (my BMI is currently 25.7) and I so much want to be officially not overweight - and then lose some additional pounds as well. While the Christmas season is not the best time to lose weight, I think it is still the perfect time to watch your eating - otherwise things could be really ugly in January. And I am going on my first Disney cruise in the spring and I really want to look good for the cruise pictures!

So, I hope that I will around more! Thanks for everyone posting here - I find all of you a great source of motivation, even if I sometimes just read along!
Nice to see you, too, Flossbolna!

This is one of my favorite things about the holiday BL thread is that we get to see so many familiar faces!

Just in time for the beginning of December I found this handy calendar 30 days and 30 days to stay on track in my email -- from sparkpeople.com, of course.

http://assets3.sparkpeople.com/myspa...ays_30Ways.pdf

There is nothing new or earth shattering in their suggestions but it is a good reminder to help you refocus on those healthy habits that you need to maintain or lose whatever the case may be.

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #26
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Running through and waving and leaving you with this thought from my friends at sparkpeople.com


How nice! It looks fridge worthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbride6205 View Post
Hi, everyone!

After feeling like a rock-star maintainer for so long, it's been a bummer the past month to be above goal. I'm 9 pounds above my lowest and 5-6 pounds from where I'd like to maintain again. I don't know what happened - I've been exercising a little more and I don't think I'm eating much differently. I have a feeling that the cold weather is making me walk less at lunch time and eat little bits more here and there. I would chalk it up to muscle (all that added yoga and cross training!), except I can see and feel a difference in my body and clothes fit, in addition to the scale. On my short, relatively muscular frame, it's amazing how noticeable 5 pounds of fat is!
I can totally understand about the 5 pounds. I would never have imagined a few years ago that I could see/feel 5 pounds so much! Maybe your best plan for now would be a maintain (maybe a small loss) through the holidays and then hit it hard in the New Year?? Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worfiedoodles View Post
Hi Pamela!

I've missed you!!! So glad you are here to chat!!

It is so nice to see all the familiar faces chatting! I've been recovering from a hamstring injury (still am, truth be told), and I ate like I was still training when I wasn't

Anyway, ready to get focused because I'm running my 10th half marathon at WDW marathon weekend in January! I sure would like to do it a few lbs lighter

Maria
What a GREAT motivator to stay OP during the holidays! I'm sure you will do great at your 10th half marathon!!! WOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Thanks!!
I really whooped it up this year!!! We went all out and........wait for it.......... stacked firewood! LOL I got 2 cords of wood for my birthday. Yeehaw!!
Did it come wrapped in a pretty little blue box with a bow?? I asked for snow tires for Christmas from my parents. When did we get so practical??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Hi Everyone!

Finally getting to check in here. I don't know where the days have went lately. I've been really busy at work and we spent Saturday and Sunday at my grandparents' helping them with things.

Not much is new. I need to have "some" blood work. I need a peanut/tree nut allergy panel plus a latex allergy panel per the allergist. The PCP (finally ) is sending me for glucose tolerance testing to determine if I have post-pradnial hypoglycemia. He is also checking to see how much insulin is in my blood. I had my blood glucose tested at the same time as my most recent routine thyroid test and non-fasting it was 61. He says it is fairly easy to treat, though he doesn't want to do anything until I have the test. The problem is that I have to take at least 4 hours off of work to have the test. I was going to have it the day after Thanksgiving, but I had some TOM problems and needed extra birth control, so I couldn't have the test. I am hoping to have it done on Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well! Great to hear from everyone!
Hope the tests go well and they can help give more definitive diagnoses. Glad to have you here with us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Almost as good as the new crockpot I was going to get for Christmas. I had one go on me Thanksgiving. I did need a new one. That one was 22 years old. Dh got me a new one this weekend. He didn't get me the one where the lid clamps on. He didn't think I would use that feature. I then reminded him that I bring food to his parents house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know what he was thinking.

He is a MAN... he WASN'T thinking! Maybe you could exchange it? Personally, I own and use 4 crockpots, so maybe this is a good excuse to buy another one.

This weekend I get to rip out paneling and cabinets at my sister's house that was in the flood a month ago.

Have happy and healthy day.
So nice of you to help your sister so much. Maybe it you can think of it as a really PRODUCTIVE WORK-OUT, it won't seem so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
This is my problem. Though I have been slacking a little on the yoga and weight lifting since the race, so it's probably not muscle. I think those long distances encourage your body to hold onto weight. Or at least I hope that's what it is! I really don't want to track my food again, but I might have to. In the big scheme of things I look perfectly fine, but I feel a little yucky with those extra pounds. Plus I don't want to add anymore. Thanks for sharing.
I hear you! Nobody else seems to notice an extra 5 pounds on me, but to me it might as well be 25 because of how I feel. Maybe it is all psychological, but I figure if that mental feeling helps me stay within my maintenance range, all the better.

I'm sure you will be able to shed those pounds quickly.... maybe a few now and a few after the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone,

after the fall challenge was somehow succesful for me (I did lose several pounds even if it was less than my original goal), I am at the moment in the danger of losing my momentum. I said on the old thread that I woudl try to be more chatty on the holiday thread and I think I really need it to keep me motivated! I am just a bit over what would be considered a normal weight (my BMI is currently 25.7) and I so much want to be officially not overweight - and then lose some additional pounds as well. While the Christmas season is not the best time to lose weight, I think it is still the perfect time to watch your eating - otherwise things could be really ugly in January. And I am going on my first Disney cruise in the spring and I really want to look good for the cruise pictures!

So, I hope that I will around more! Thanks for everyone posting here - I find all of you a great source of motivation, even if I sometimes just read along!
I cannot think of a better motivator (other than your own wedding) to lose weight than a Disney cruise! Lots of sun and surf means lots of swimsuit wearing... and of course, lots of pictures! Keep visiting here with us and hopefully you can "stay the course" during the holidays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Hi Maria! So nice to see you! And I can't wait to see you in January for your 10th half marathon -- woo hoo!

Wish I could be there as your cheering section!


This is one of my favorite things about the holiday BL thread is that we get to see so many familiar faces!

Just in time for the beginning of December I found this handy calendar 30 days and 30 days to stay on track in my email -- from sparkpeople.com, of course.

http://assets3.sparkpeople.com/myspa...ays_30Ways.pdf

There is nothing new or earth shattering in their suggestions but it is a good reminder to help you refocus on those healthy habits that you need to maintain or lose whatever the case may be.

Have a great day all!
Thanks for sharing that. I can't look at it now, but I'll check it out tonight when I have a minute.

***************

Happy Sunny Tuesday everyone! I thought I was free and clear for the day, but my cell phone rang at 7:50 am after I dropped the kids at school (and doubled back because DD left Jane Eyre in the car ) and they needed me at school. I hate to pass up the $$, so I dashed home to shower, dress, and eat breakfast. So here I am teaching 4th grade math

For those of you struggling to get back to maintenance range, have you considered dropping your carbs significantly? Rose, I know as a vegetarian that would be really hard for you. But I find if I am SUPER strict with my carbs for just a few weeks, I can drop those pounds and get back into "happy-number-on-the-scale" range. I do find that the food gets boring after a while.... especially since I'm not a big meat eater and get tired of the nuts, nut butters, and cheese quickly. But if I am care about EVERY CARB, including fruit, it is amazingly effective. And I can add the carbs back in once I'm back to maintenance numbers without too much trouble to the scale.

I made my "quinoa and black beans" recipe (available on the BL recipe thread) again yesterday, but I am trying it with italian herbs instead of the mexican spices this time. I'll let you know after lunch how it came out. I made it last night, but didn't taste it (I know... I'm a terrible cook... how can I make it without tasting it??). It smelled delicious anyhow!

Last night's burger dinner ended up being leftover dinner, as DH wasn't making it home for dinner. So the burgers got moved to tonight. Nice easy meal for a night when I have to dash out by 5pm at the latest.

I hit the thrift store last night after I dropped off DD and spent nearly 2 hours in the racks! I got DD two pairs of her favorite Old Navy jeans for $4.99 each, got myself jeans (yeah, Gap for $2.99) and a denim skirt for $3.99, and got a few long-sleeved shirts for DS, including a cashmere blend argyle sweater for the holidays for $3.99! I got them all in the wash when I got home, threw them in the dryer this morning and I am wearing the skirt right now... and it looks SUPER CUTE if I may say so myself! I don't wear skirts very often, but I am LOVING my look today! Denim skirt, black tights, black clogs, a grey shirt with blue stripes, a blue quilted vest, black watch and a black scarf. I'm not very fashionable most of the time, but I feel pretty good today!

I found some great quotes in the weight-loss book that I am slowly working my way through and wanted to share them today, but I left the book in the car. So that will be something for you all to look forward to tonight or tomorrow!

I've got to get the kids from music in 11 minutes, so I will dash for now!......P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #27
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OR
Posts: 691

Pamela, I had to laugh when you said you were working today. I purposefully marked myself unavailable today just because I didn't feel like working! If I get a personal call from a school then I'll say yes, but didn't want the district calling me and asking me to go to tim buk too!

I should do tons of work around the house since I'm playing hooky, but just not feeling motivated. Of course, it is only 9 AM so plenty of time! I walked my 3 miles in the dark then since I hadn't gotten a phone call to work was able to find my 7 AM walking partners midway through that walk so got another 1.5 miles in. I overslept yesterday so was glad to be up and moving this morning!

DS2 isn't feeling well; he has a sore throat. I think he really wanted to stay home today, but the first basketball game of the season is Friday (although there's no school!). If he misses any class for any reason between now and the game he won't start. I asked him if he even knew he was starting because he's on JV team now and I figured there'd be some older boys. He informed me in a very disdainful voice that it was just the same team as freshman last year so of course he'd be starting. silly me

All right, the peppy music on d-cot has gotten me motivated. Laundry and house work here I come!
__________________
Enjoy your day!
Linda
glss1/2fll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #28
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,222
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Hi Everyone!

Finally getting to check in here. I don't know where the days have went lately. I've been really busy at work and we spent Saturday and Sunday at my grandparents' helping them with things.

Not much is new. I need to have "some" blood work. I need a peanut/tree nut allergy panel plus a latex allergy panel per the allergist. The PCP (finally ) is sending me for glucose tolerance testing to determine if I have post-pradnial hypoglycemia. He is also checking to see how much insulin is in my blood. I had my blood glucose tested at the same time as my most recent routine thyroid test and non-fasting it was 61. He says it is fairly easy to treat, though he doesn't want to do anything until I have the test. The problem is that I have to take at least 4 hours off of work to have the test. I was going to have it the day after Thanksgiving, but I had some TOM problems and needed extra birth control, so I couldn't have the test. I am hoping to have it done on Wednesday or Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well! Great to hear from everyone!
If the test comes back as positive for hypoglycemia, do I win a prize?!?!? LOL

I hope you get answers soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Almost as good as the new crockpot I was going to get for Christmas. I had one go on me Thanksgiving. I did need a new one. That one was 22 years old. Dh got me a new one this weekend. He didn't get me the one where the lid clamps on. He didn't think I would use that feature. I then reminded him that I bring food to his parents house for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know what he was thinking.

This weekend I get to rip out paneling and cabinets at my sister's house that was in the flood a month ago.

Have happy and healthy day.
I got one of the crock pots with the locking lid so I can cook while driving down the road in the RV. Love it!!! Did you exchange it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Did it come wrapped in a pretty little blue box with a bow?? I asked for snow tires for Christmas from my parents. When did we get so practical??
apparently when we got old????? I don't know!

Mom did get me a really cool vintage camera, but yeah practical all the way for me for my birthday and Xmas. I asked for new Sorel snow boots for Xmas. And for DH to help me declutter the house.
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #29
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,653

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll View Post
Pamela, I had to laugh when you said you were working today. I purposefully marked myself unavailable today just because I didn't feel like working! If I get a personal call from a school then I'll say yes, but didn't want the district calling me and asking me to go to tim buk too!

I should do tons of work around the house since I'm playing hooky, but just not feeling motivated. Of course, it is only 9 AM so plenty of time! I walked my 3 miles in the dark then since I hadn't gotten a phone call to work was able to find my 7 AM walking partners midway through that walk so got another 1.5 miles in. I overslept yesterday so was glad to be up and moving this morning!

DS2 isn't feeling well; he has a sore throat. I think he really wanted to stay home today, but the first basketball game of the season is Friday (although there's no school!). If he misses any class for any reason between now and the game he won't start. I asked him if he even knew he was starting because he's on JV team now and I figured there'd be some older boys. He informed me in a very disdainful voice that it was just the same team as freshman last year so of course he'd be starting. silly me

All right, the peppy music on d-cot has gotten me motivated. Laundry and house work here I come!
We have a really informal system for sub work days. She asks and we say yea or nay. That's it. We will get aome days booked in advance and we can always say no in advance or on the day. But often it is a call at 5:30 am. And I only work for two schools in our district so no worries about heading to Timbuktu....I already live here!

Hope your DS feels better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
If the test comes back as positive for hypoglycemia, do I win a prize?!?!? LOL

I hope you get answers soon!

I got one of the crock pots with the locking lid so I can cook while driving down the road in the RV. Love it!!! Did you exchange it?

apparently when we got old????? I don't know!

Mom did get me a really cool vintage camera, but yeah practical all the way for me for my birthday and Xmas. I asked for new Sorel snow boots for Xmas. And for DH to help me declutter the house.
The camera sounds neat. Does it actually work,or is it just a decorative piece?

**************

Evening friends! I ran a few errands and now I'm waiting for DD at the Y. Got Glen Muir organic canned tomatoes for 49cents a can, so I'm tickled. And discovered a "Tuesday Morning" store near here. Never been to one, but excited about the scrapping papers I found!

I'm scheduled to work tomorrow and Friday, so don't be shocked if I'm not around much...it will depend on my computer access during the school day.

Hoping to have enough energy to watch Survivor tonight, but since we won't be home until nearly 10pm and I've been up since 4am, that may not be the case.

TTYL..................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #30
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,653

Happy Thursday morning everyone! I hope everyone is ready for a great day!

I am teaching 3rd grade today. Fingers crossed that the day goes quickly. Thankfully I have lunch duty instead of recess duty, so no worries about getting too cold! And I have a parent's meeting for HS swim tonight, so no driving 2 hours for swim practice! Dinner is in the crockpot, so the evening should be relatively relaxing!


Unofficial QOTD: So we all know how important breakfast is... we hear/read it over and over. But many of us STILL don't eat breakfast (or at least the RIGHT kind of breakfast). If you had to give a friend 5 healthy (and relatively quick) breakfast options to help him/her stay OP, what would you suggest?? Do you include protein and carbs and fats? Do you suggest totally "traditional" breakfast food items or untraditional things as well? (I had a friend whose DD hated breakfast foods so she would eat chicken noodle soup for breakfast... to each his own I suppose!)

Bonus unofficial QOTD: How aware are you personally of your environmental impact/carbon footprint? Do you do things to reduce your impact?

For those of you who weigh in tomorrow, have a great day full of water and reduced sodium food choices!

I'll pop on again when the kids are at Music!............P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: