Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 12:25 PM   #151
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,659

Good Afternoon!

Lisa.... I'm so sorry to hear about your schools. That is so very sad. We have had a few threats around here and I know that there was a school district in the area that was going to have uniformed police presence in their buildings all day today, due to some sort of threat. It makes me wonder what we are doing to our children and they mental status.

Well, I certainly am moving in slow motion, compared to my usual. I haven't done everything on the list yet, but got the more important stuff done. The downstairs is all picked up, laundry is all folded and put away (with another load in the cycle right now). DS's sheets were stripped and are just finishing up in the dryer. I did my sheets and DD's sheets yesterday, so we will all start the holiday with fresh bedding. I also ordered two photo collages for a small project I want to finish up for both kids. They will be ready to pick up tonight.

I have about 90 minutes to make up my shopping lists and organize my coupons before I head out to pick up the kids and go to the store(s).

To those of you who are keeping up with your exercise through this holiday season..... Between illness, bad weather, and just plain "stuff to do", I'll be lucky if I get in even an hour of exercise between now and Christmas day. It just doesn't always seem to be a priority.

For those who are keeping up with your OP eating, despite all of the holiday goodies around..... The temptations this time of year are EVERYWHERE! Cookies, chocolate, fancy meals!

And for the rest of you.... who are struggling to fit in the exercise that they KNOW they need, even when they are being pulled in 10 directions...... who are trying hard to resist eating the Christmas cookies that the kids "must" have and those who have a full weekend of holiday celebrations (aka food minefields) to get through.... Hang in there! Do the best you can!! We can't ask any more of you than your best, right? Make the best choices available in each situation and start fresh every morning!


TTYL......................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #152
50sjayne
DIS Veteran
 
50sjayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Eugene Oregon
Posts: 1,793

Hey--just jumping in here. Didn't do the last challenge because I was so frustrated with the scale. Plus we went to Disneyland the week after Turkey day and I was on the main Disney boards a lot. I don't spend a lot of time on the computer anymore so I had to choose. Does the next challenge start the Friday after New Years? Been doing really good with my exercise but definitely not eating any less lol. My pants are all getting too tight and I had to put bags of them away for now-- I need to get back in them!

The only thing helping me right now is something I saw on Dr. Oz about an apple trick-every time you want to eat something you think well could you eat an apple right now-- usually the answer is no for me and I realize I'm not hungry-- I'm just eating for other reasons...
__________________
It's snowing in Disneyland!
50sjayne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #153
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,195

Hi we are going to running it like they monthly exercise thread. We should be starting it up soon.

Welcome back
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 AM   #154
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,659

Good morning all! Ready for the last weekend push to be "holiday ready"? DD wants me to take her shopping today. She has 4 days off of swim and so this has been her first chance to shop. It will be crazy out there, but I'm prepared (I think).

I had a few extra points last night and we will probably have lunch out while shopping...I'll have to be careful to be sure that I maintain until Monday.

I'm hungry for breakfast andI need to get the kids moving, so I will dash for now. Hope everyone is well, healthy, happy, and making good choices! TTYL........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #155
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
To those of you who are keeping up with your exercise through this holiday season..... Between illness, bad weather, and just plain "stuff to do", I'll be lucky if I get in even an hour of exercise between now and Christmas day. It just doesn't always seem to be a priority.

For those who are keeping up with your OP eating, despite all of the holiday goodies around..... The temptations this time of year are EVERYWHERE! Cookies, chocolate, fancy meals!

And for the rest of you.... who are struggling to fit in the exercise that they KNOW they need, even when they are being pulled in 10 directions...... who are trying hard to resist eating the Christmas cookies that the kids "must" have and those who have a full weekend of holiday celebrations (aka food minefields) to get through.... Hang in there! Do the best you can!! We can't ask any more of you than your best, right? Make the best choices available in each situation and start fresh every morning!
Well said!

Enjoy your shopping day with DD, Pamela!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey--just jumping in here. Didn't do the last challenge because I was so frustrated with the scale. Plus we went to Disneyland the week after Turkey day and I was on the main Disney boards a lot. I don't spend a lot of time on the computer anymore so I had to choose. Does the next challenge start the Friday after New Years? Been doing really good with my exercise but definitely not eating any less lol. My pants are all getting too tight and I had to put bags of them away for now-- I need to get back in them!

The only thing helping me right now is something I saw on Dr. Oz about an apple trick-every time you want to eat something you think well could you eat an apple right now-- usually the answer is no for me and I realize I'm not hungry-- I'm just eating for other reasons...
Hi Susan! Nice to see you! Dona is right the format for the challenge is changing a bit. Rose will be hostessing the first month and will be posting the first thread next week -- after she returns from celebrating Christmas with her family at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Hi we are going to running it like they monthly exercise thread. We should be starting it up soon.

Welcome back
Have a wonderful break, Dona, and a very Merry Christmas!

As I was making grocery lists for the next few days I came across this from cookinglight.com (I know it's shocking it's not from sparkpeople )

7 Secrets of Healthy Holiday Indulgence: How to savor the delights of cheese, chocolate, caramel, and meat in light, smart, delicious ways.

1. Portion control
2. Keep servings small but satisfying.
3. Use high flavor ingredients.
4. Indulge in the best decadent chocolate.
5. Pick on indulgent star dish.
6. Add a luxurious topping.
7. Make an expensive ingredient affordable.


The point is to enjoy and savor without overdoing and having feelings of guilt and regret later.

Here is the link to the entire article.
http://www.cookinglight.com/entertai...0412000079477/

Happy Saturday all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #156
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,126

Good evening! I just wanted to check in. I think I had what Pamela had (although I didn't get it from her lol). It's definitely going around. Finished up a little last minute shopping & dinner with DH on Thursday. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, headache, chills, and low fever I went to work since it was a half day. When I came home I took a 3 hour nap then just rested on the couch. I feel a tad better today so I made gobs, Oreo truffles, and chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. They are all packaged up & in the fridge & freezer.

I am going to veg on the couch the rest of the night. I hope I'm completely better tomorrow so I can try to get a workout in. I am lacking in that department this week.

I'll try to check in tomorrow. Have a great night!

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #157
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,447

Jill, so sorry that you have the crud. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! It's tough on Christmas activities when Mom isn't feeling well for sure.

I have one neighbor gift to deliver and then we are done with all Christmas preparation until it is time to cook Christmas dinner. Yay!

A little thought for you all on this Sunday morning:



Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #158
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy
 
lovetoscrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Pits of DISpair: AKA- NOT WDW
Posts: 22,650
DISboards Moderator



HI!! Thought I would check in--I know it has been a very long time since I have been able to get over here. I started a full time job as Middle School Secretary in August and it has been a bit of a challenge to get adjusted to working again. I think I am about there though! My boss (the new principal) is the greatest and sweetest woman-- amazing to work with and I have great coworkers who are very patient and supportive. For those that knew me from the challenges I particpated in this is the school my kids go to and the one where I subbed in the spring and the secretaries were really impressed with my weight loss.

I gained about 10 pounds back from where I was a year ago but a lot of that was due to needing to do some food challenges to try to figure out some intolerances. I have "maintained" that within a few pounds but am ready now to start the new year off with a WISH! I want to get 25 off by the end of the school year. Being in a school there are a LOT of challenges-- food is constantly being brought in. And we order out every Friday. But I think I can do it and can plan to stay on plan no matter where we order from.

I am ready for Christmas to be here! Today will be present wrapping day. Things did kind of sneak up on me since I am used to having lots of time all week to go shopping while the kids are in school. We finished shopping yesterday and got the girls annual picture with Santa. They are 12 and 17 and didn't really see a need to visit Santa but I told them I have had their picture done with Santa every year since they were born so they have to indulge me for at least 2 more years! I will probably make them do it until the youngest graduates high school though.

Everyone have a great Holiday!
__________________
Need help with: PHOTOS, TICKERS, SIGNATURES, AVATARS, FINDING your Posts/Threads, Posting LINKS? Check out the FAQ and VIDEO TUTORIAL






SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #159
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post


HI!! Thought I would check in--I know it has been a very long time since I have been able to get over here. I started a full time job as Middle School Secretary in August and it has been a bit of a challenge to get adjusted to working again. I think I am about there though! My boss (the new principal) is the greatest and sweetest woman-- amazing to work with and I have great coworkers who are very patient and supportive. For those that knew me from the challenges I particpated in this is the school my kids go to and the one where I subbed in the spring and the secretaries were really impressed with my weight loss.

I gained about 10 pounds back from where I was a year ago but a lot of that was due to needing to do some food challenges to try to figure out some intolerances. I have "maintained" that within a few pounds but am ready now to start the new year off with a WISH! I want to get 25 off by the end of the school year. Being in a school there are a LOT of challenges-- food is constantly being brought in. And we order out every Friday. But I think I can do it and can plan to stay on plan no matter where we order from.

I am ready for Christmas to be here! Today will be present wrapping day. Things did kind of sneak up on me since I am used to having lots of time all week to go shopping while the kids are in school. We finished shopping yesterday and got the girls annual picture with Santa. They are 12 and 17 and didn't really see a need to visit Santa but I told them I have had their picture done with Santa every year since they were born so they have to indulge me for at least 2 more years! I will probably make them do it until the youngest graduates high school though.

Everyone have a great Holiday!
Hi LTS! Nice to see you! Sounds like you are adjusting to your new job and are ready to get back in the swing of things in 2013. We have a new challenge starting for January called WISH Away the Pounds -- like the monthly exercise thread. I'm really looking forward to the new format and knocking those goals down month by month. Nice of your girls to indulge their Mom with pictures.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #160
mikamah
DIS Veteran
 
mikamah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 3,753

Good evening my WISH friends!

I want to wish you all a most happy and peaceful Christmas. I think most of us celebrate Christmas, but if not, Happy Holidays to everyone too.

Been busy here, and am definitely looking forward to getting back on the healthy track after the holiday. I'm going to rejoin WW. It's been a couple years since I've gone, and I think to start fresh, and go to meetings again will definitely help me get to the start of the princess half 2014. My goal will also to have a little more time to take some pics, and I know that weight loss will be a huge factor in that.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone!!
__________________
Kathy Michael-DS11

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #161
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,195

I just thought I would take a second and wish everyone a HAPPY HOLIDAYS

I know everyone will be busy but try to enjoy the season.
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #162
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,229
DISboards Moderator



HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:43 AM   #163
glss1/2fll
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OR
Posts: 695

It's 10:40 PM Christmas Eve and I still have presents to wrap! ugh At least it shouldn't take too long and then I can stuff the stockings and go to bed. Never mind that the kiddos will come home while I sleep. I forgot to check a box when the church schedule came around so now DS2 is helping with the 11 PM service. Never mind that he just sang/played flute for the 8 PM one! Fortunately DS1 is playing chauffeur so I can get stuff done! They better not peek at their stockings when they get home!

Just got the exercise challenge thread updated and caught up here! whew

Have a great day!
__________________
Enjoy your day!
Linda
glss1/2fll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #164
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Jill,


Loved this Lisa!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate.

I will be back in a few days to get things started for the New Year!!!

Are you excited? I am excited. I have been slowly watching my weight creep up/ then maintain/ then creep up some more over the last couple of months. It's not bad yet, but it's not good either. So time to get real and set some realistic goals!

Have a wonderful day!
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #165
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,659

Merry Christmas to all of my dear friends! Hope today brings you peace, love, and happiness!

I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow to chat!..........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: