Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

Homeschool Tickets

Can someone give me the low down on this? I've read all I can about it and feel like I'm missing something. The way I'm understanding it... Disney will give tickets to me at 40% off (basic consensus ymmv) for my whole family for up to 8 days if my 12 yo homeschooler attends 1 of the youth series classes.

OK, where are the holes in my knowledge? Seems too awesome to be true.
KimBeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBeano View Post
Can someone give me the low down on this?

How the Y.E.S. program works: HERE.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

And just an addendum - the Y.E.S. classes are not just for children who are home schooled.
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Tink
And just an addendum - the Y.E.S. classes are not just for children who are home schooled.
OK. So anyone can get these prices if your child attends class. What about homeschooling days then?

I guess I'm just going to have to call. I read and read and just can't put it all together.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
tinkerbell313
DIS Veteran

It is my understanding that the price discount dramatically decreased for the 2013 year. The price differential is no longer 40% or what ever it was. I have not kept up on the discussion...but the last few posts on the Disney Y.E.S thread alludes to it. Here is the link...http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ght=yes+prices

Here is the link to the actual program http://www.disneyyouth.com/our-progr...cation-series/ and yes, the program is open to individuals as well as groups.

Also here is the rule listed at the top of the purchasing page on how many tickets you can buy:

"Please provide the names and ages of all youth in your party below along with the names of the adult guests in your party for whom you will be purchasing tickets.

These tickets are only available for immediate family members and adult chaperones of participating youth. As a requirement, we are not allowed to have more adults purchasing tickets than youth. However, families with only one child may purchase tickets for up to two parents/adult chaperones. Only one parent/adult chaperone is allowed to attend Individual Enrollment classes with their student(s)."

Last edited by tinkerbell313; 11-25-2012 at 07:17 PM.
tinkerbell313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimBeano View Post
. . . So anyone can get these prices if your child attends class. What about homeschooling days then? . . .
1) Y.E.S. is the same program.
2) There are no special "homeschooling days".
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
There are still Homeschooling Days. There was one this fall about primates and one again on Jan 25, 2013 (engineering). The deep 40% discount is still there for the homeschool program, but you have to attend this one class, and may choose to add additional YES classes.

The Homeschool Days/program (Jan 25 class) is aimed at the homeschool community, but open to all (eschool, traditional school) children and their families. I called and asked about it this year (all children vs. just homeschool).

The YES program still has a decent discount, but only 40% for the child/children attending the class. The additional tickets for family are roughly the same as Undercover Tourist.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #8
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Y.E.S. and Homeschool Days are not the same program.

The head program is called Disney Youth Programs (WDW and DL).

There are three categories under Disney Youth Programs: Performing Arts, Education, and Celebrations/Trips.

Listed under the category Education are: Y.E.S Groups, Y.E.S Individual Enrollment, Y.E.S. College, Kingdom Keepers Quest, and Homeschool Days.

Therefore, although Y.E.S and Homeschool Days fall under education; they are indeed separate options/programs.

2) Again, yes, there are special Homeschool Days created for the homeschool community.

OP - here is one difference between the two programs in question:

Homeschool Days - your package includes a preselected non-Y.E.S. class which allows you to, "Gather with other homeschool families"...

Y.E.S Individual Enrollment - your package allows you to enroll in various Y.E.S classes.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #9
KimBeano
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann

1) Y.E.S. and Homeschool Days are not the same program.

The head program is called Disney Youth Programs (WDW and DL).

There are three categories under Disney Youth Programs: Performing Arts, Education, and Celebrations/Trips.

Listed under the category Education are: Y.E.S Groups, Y.E.S Individual Enrollment, Y.E.S. College, Kingdom Keepers Quest, and Homeschool Days.

Therefore, although Y.E.S and Homeschool Days fall under education; they are indeed separate options/programs.

2) Again, yes, there are special Homeschool Days created for the homeschool community.

OP - here is one difference between the two programs in question:

Homeschool Days - your package includes a preselected non-Y.E.S. class which allows you to, "Gather with other homeschool families"...

Y.E.S Individual Enrollment - your package allows you to enroll in various Y.E.S classes.
Thank you. You have cleared some things up for me. Now I just have to figure out the ticket pricing and rules for each. But, I leave for this years trip in 5 days!! Woop woop so ill worry about it later. Lol.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #10
wnoelw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds

There are still Homeschooling Days. There was one this fall about primates and one again on Jan 25, 2013 (engineering). The deep 40% discount is still there for the homeschool program, but you have to attend this one class, and may choose to add additional YES classes.

The Homeschool Days/program (Jan 25 class) is aimed at the homeschool community, but open to all (eschool, traditional school) children and their families. I called and asked about it this year (all children vs. just homeschool).

The YES program still has a decent discount, but only 40% for the child/children attending the class. The additional tickets for family are roughly the same as Undercover Tourist.
Anyone know if you can pay for homeschool tickets with disney gift cards?
wnoelw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: