Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
Lucky4me
****!

Premium annual pass-three months in Disney

So lets say you were a young retiree, were living a few miles from Disney for three winter months starting in January and had a premium annual pass.

Tell me how you would use that pass. Give me a run down what your daily schedule may look like.
lol

This will be dh and I in 2014 and I'm getting excited about it already!
Thanks!
Lucky4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
MomRN
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't have a schedule. I'd wake up and decide what I wanted to do with the day, and it would be restricted to just Disney. There are so many other places in Florida I'd love to check out, but just can't fit it into a weeks vacation.

I'd probably visit Disney daily the first week, then 1-2x a week thereafter, just so I could take advantage of my pass. Some days I might get there early, some days I might stay late.... when I retire I am going with the flow.
MomRN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I think with that much time you don't need a plan. You go when you feel like it, and stay as long as you want. I'd def. experience the few attractions I've never tried, and I'd put a huge dent in my list of places I haven't eaten yet. Maybe catch some special events?
Doesn't matter if it's crowded, doesn't matter if the parks are open early or late. If you wanna go, you go!
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Lucky4me
****!

I think the other stuff we can do will save me from wdw burn out, which I've gotten on ten day visits before.
Golf, Atlanta Braves spring training games, Disney Quest. I was really surprised at the extras in there and so was dh. He loves golf and we both love baseball.

We really started off thinking we'd stay near the ocean when we went down south for the winter, but cost wise, staying in Kissimmee and buying these passes was our cheapest option.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Ahh...yes...it is the dream...

Of course, it was sunny and warm in the 60's here today and if it stays like that when I'm older I don't think we'll be doing winters in FL.

Where are you planning on living? Buying a house or renting a condo? My parents RVed down there a few years and then had a "park model" built down in Naples area. It was wonderful! I spent several days down there with them and was ready to retire!!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Lucky4me
****!

Windsor Hills. It only took emailing 100 owners, sorting through the scam artists and deciding what was important and what wasn't before I found a great deal.

I can't believe the people who low balled on the rental rate, but refused to give me an owners name or any online reviews so I could check they were legit. They disappear very quickly when they find out you're not willing to just hand out your credit card number or cut them a check.
I'm very comfortable with the owner we chose, especially since we found out he knows our relatives who live in the same city as he does. 3,000 miles away. Small world

I'd like to eventually live down south from Nov-Apr, but I have to ease dh into it. I may change my mind once we have grandkids, but as of right now we are grandkidless and next year will be empty nesters.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

For me having an annual pass means I don't HAVE to plan as much. If we want to go to a park for a meal and watch the fireworks, that's fine. You don't have that feeling that you need to get the maxium amount of entertainment out of your days pass. Additionally, I find it worth it for the discounts on accomodations.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: