Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #61
prncess674
DIS Veteran

I have missed more flights than I should probably ever admit. I travel weekly for work and have missed them for a variety of reasons:
  • Overslept
  • Meeting ran long and couldn't get out of client's office in time.
  • Traffic
  • Ran into a friend at the airport and was on the US Air Shuttle between LGA and DCA and knew I could get on one of the several hourly flights that followed
  • Delayed and missed connection
  • Booked a flight for 8am when I intended to book it for 8pm.
In all cases I was accomodated on another flight.
prncess674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #62
clarkshel
DIS Veteran

I never missed a flight, knock on wood. This is usually because of my strange desire to get to the airport 3 hours or so before my flight. I stress out way too much about getting to the airport early. I would rather wait in the airport for a few hours relaxed than to be stressed out I'll miss my flight. It really makes my wife mad that I stress out so much over this. .
clarkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #63
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkshel View Post
I never missed a flight, knock on wood. This is usually because of my strange desire to get to the airport 3 hours or so before my flight. I stress out way too much about getting to the airport early. I would rather wait in the airport for a few hours relaxed than to be stressed out I'll miss my flight. It really makes my wife mad that I stress out so much over this. .
I'm the same way, though getting there 90-120 minutes ahead of time is enough for me to be comfortable. DW would rather arrive as late as possible.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #64
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

THe only time I ever 'missed' a flight was when there was a mechanical issue and my first flight left over 4 hours late (and so I missed my connection). The airline put us up overnight in a hotel and gave us meal vouchers for that day and the next morning because there wasn't another flight to our destiantion until the next day. The first flight was JFK to Miami and the second flight was Miami to Quito, and there were two different airlines involved (PanAm and Eastern...so you know this is ancient history! ).

I'm always SO paranoid about missing a flight that my rule of thumb is to always arrive at the airport two hours prior to the flight (even for domestic), then I can arrive and take my time checking in, passing security and sit in the gate area and relax without getting stressed..otherwise I get so stressed I don't enjoy myself at all.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #65
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
and if you did was it hard to get another ?

nope never missed one, but I came real real close a few times
.....did we ever! And, the plane was there, right in front of us! They claimed tht it had been 'sealed' (?) already so they couldn't open the doors again to let us board. It didn't help that it was a connecting flight too.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: