Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #46
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

I think they maybe dropped a hint for pirate week from the Disney website:

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Talk like a pirate day is every September 19th, just a thought. :-)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #47
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Awww that would stink for us with school and all.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #48
rizzo0904
Mouseketeer

We are arriving late on 9-20 and leaving on 9-24...just a quick bday trip. Maybe we'll get some pirate time!
rizzo0904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #49
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
I think they maybe dropped a hint for pirate week from the Disney website:

Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

Talk like a pirate day is every September 19th, just a thought. :-)
We actually just booked a trip that week a few days ago. That sounds like fun!

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #50
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Had anyone seen what the January limited edition ears look like?? We arrive in 12 days!! WooHoo!
kpm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #51
ukool
Mouseketeer

Have seen a video for the new years dance party, looks kinda fun and something i would stop and take part in. Im looking forward to seeing what else they come up with and hope that when im thier in sep / oct we get something fun!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #52
ukool
Mouseketeer

Isnt this first 'magic' meant to be finishing tomorrow? They havent updated to site to say wahts next?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #53
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

On twitter today Disney posted pics of some of the Disney couture ears hats, but that was it. They did say there would be something each week? Maybe they will update it tomorrow. The whole website and phone system has been having issues lately, maybe they had bigger fish to fry? Check out this post: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

Katie
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #54
Lucille1963
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
They did say there would be something each week?
The first line of the October 17th announcement was "We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013."
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

I guess buying something is a "magical surprise".
Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #55
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Did you read the comments about the hats too? Some people are saying they already bought these hats before January(I am surprised they let those comments post to be frank). It is disappointing for sure. I thought there would be some sort of new experience(no matter how small) in the parks every week.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #56
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Has it occurred to anyone else that maybe there isn't going to be something going on at each park each and every week? That maybe some weeks will feature Disneyland without anything for Disney World or vice versa? They never actually specified that there would be something going on at both parks all year, did they? The announcement was "52 weeks of magical surprises at Disney Parks", so maybe this week's surprise is just the Three Kings celebrations and/or Golden Horseshoe at DLR.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #57
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

OK, I'm a huge Disney loyalist and have been since childhood - and that's nearly 40 years. It doesn't take much for Disney to sell something for me or for me to say something positive about Disney. But I have to agree that this is silly.

First, it's the re-release of ear hats. Our boys are collectors and were very excited, but if it's just a re-release of old ear hats, that's not so great.

And I fully expected to check back each Friday and see something new. The fact that they didn't bother to update the limitedtimemagic.com website yesterday or even today is odd.

I don't even expect a promo every year, and I don't mind if limited time magic is just something really tiny each week. I think the whole idea is cute and I would have essentially bought whatever they sold. But to announce a promo and then not follow up is poor form.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #58
mom of lil princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom
OK, I'm a huge Disney loyalist and have been since childhood - and that's nearly 40 years. It doesn't take much for Disney to sell something for me or for me to say something positive about Disney. But I have to agree that this is silly.

First, it's the re-release of ear hats. Our boys are collectors and were very excited, but if it's just a re-release of old ear hats, that's not so great.

And I fully expected to check back each Friday and see something new. The fact that they didn't bother to update the limitedtimemagic.com website yesterday or even today is odd.

I don't even expect a promo every year, and I don't mind if limited time magic is just something really tiny each week. I think the whole idea is cute and I would have essentially bought whatever they sold. But to announce a promo and then not follow up is poor form.
I couldn't agree more... Maybe the same people in charge of this are in charge of the new web site. I leave tomorrow for my trip and would have loved to know what the theme is now that the New Years party is done but nothing on web site. It would have been nice to know because maybe there is a shirt or something that I would have liked to bring for my daughter from home that would have fit the theme. Oh well, I won't let it big me to much due to tomorrow I will be there

1986,1991,1996, 2009, jan 2013
mom of lil princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #59
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Heard on twitter that there is no LTM special event this week. Disney really screwed up with this promotion....

Me: DH:
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #60
ginnygi
Mouseketeer

Wow...

Wow. So lame. It is such a shame because it really could have been a powerful, crowd pleasing, successful promo if they had just taken the time and managed it right... How hard can it be to come up with a little measly "extra magic". I mean, every week does not have to be this big huge gigantic theme with extravagant details. They couldnt think of ANYTHING they could have whipped together. And I mean COME ON, its only the second week. This is gonna fall apart really fast, isnt it?

Fail, Disney Co.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: