Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #151
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

I agree, I wish they would post a list.
I'm sure alot of ppl from out of town would book based on that list.

Those living in FL with annual passes can go easily for any of the events. Wish I lived in FL too. LOL

I'm from PA and will be in the World from March 6-12.
It would be nice to know what is coming up for my week in WDW.
I guess we are all hoping for something great the time we are there, as far as the Limited Time Magic goes.

As far as the long lost friends, I think they should do this more then once, and bring out different characters each time.

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #152
ukool
Mouseketeer

Is this weeks magic really the chance to vote on some artwork? Its nice to be apart of some thing disney when your not thier, but for people in the parks expecting something it pretty much sucks.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #153
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Does anyone besides me feel like it was mid December and someone remembered they needed a theme for 2013? This just all seems so thrown together and cheap. Its almost as though its an after thought.
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #154
jannel80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Does anyone besides me feel like it was mid December and someone remembered they needed a theme for 2013? This just all seems so thrown together and cheap. Its almost as though its an after thought.
I agree! I will be arriving this Friday so will be there during 2 different weeks and it seems like this week it is only voting for artwork? How cheesy!! Hoping next weeks will be better, but I ma not holding my breath!

Me Jannel DH Dave DS Caden DS Colton DD Reise
Many Trips to DW as a child
Dec. 2004 Carribean Beach Resort with DH
Dec. 2010 Pop (1st trip with kids)
Sept. 2011 Pop
Feb. 2013 AoA Cars Suite
Nov. 2014 CSR
jannel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #155
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80 View Post
I agree! I will be arriving this Friday so will be there during 2 different weeks and it seems like this week it is only voting for artwork? How cheesy!! Hoping next weeks will be better, but I ma not holding my breath!
Hope your second week gets you something better than voting on art work!
Tinker_Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #156
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Yes! It feels like that every other year. Its like they do something big every two years and on that odd year they just try to add a little something to make up for not having a big something. Maybe its too big of a deal to do all the merchandising and advertising for just one year. Maybe they want to allow everyone time to come for this years whatever....what is it again now?? I feel like its fizzled out already. Even the limited time magic. If they really want people to know about it, they should advertise it and post a schedule that way people can plan to come see there favs. I never would have heard about this had it not been from the boards. Although I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #157
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannel80

You're in luck! Look! Special early limited time magic for those of us coming on Friday!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...gic-wallpaper/

But at least it did say the limited time magic was released on Fridays, so maybe by the time I get to Atlanta airport at noon tomorrow for my layover they will mention something actually happening at Disney World?
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #158
acbshada
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
You're in luck! Look! Special early limited time magic for those of us coming on Friday!

But at least it did say the limited time magic was released on Fridays, so maybe by the time I get to Atlanta airport at noon tomorrow for my layover they will mention something actually happening at Disney World?
I just saw this at lunch today! Yay! I figured they would announce *something* (even if it's small), but it's been hard to wait until Friday.

Hope your flight goes well tomorrow, and hope you're able to access the blog from wherever you'll be!
acbshada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #159
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acbshada

I just saw this at lunch today! Yay! I figured they would announce *something* (even if it's small), but it's been hard to wait until Friday.

Hope your flight goes well tomorrow, and hope you're able to access the blog from wherever you'll be!
I will have access to blog. Have iPhone 4S and iPhone has new Mophie Juice Pack Plus that I got for trip. It gives me twice the battery life; I have tried to wear it out and still have battery left at end of day. Will post a Coyote Trip Report on the trip report section whenever I stop for food or adult beverage! I am saving pics for friends in an apple shared photo stream, and haven't messed with that much yet, but I think I can upload them to photobucket, as well, if I can remember which email I used. Hmm. I should go check that out.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #160
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

I think your limited time magic special event for the week is a wallpaper- this promo sucks
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Abharmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #161
griffs10
Earning My Ears

Wallpaper

It looks like the wallpaper gives clues to upcoming events: Dapper Dans sing boy band classics on Main Street and Romantic "Happily Ever After" Valentine's Nights. Maybe those are coming up soon???
Old 01-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #162
ukool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffs10 View Post
It looks like the wallpaper gives clues to upcoming events: Dapper Dans sing boy band classics on Main Street and Romantic "Happily Ever After" Valentine's Nights. Maybe those are coming up soon???
Those events were already anounced, but i like the wall paper
Old 01-31-2013, 08:02 PM   #163
McKelly
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to guess what might be the theme when we go March 21-31. I am guessing green beer in the UK and maybe something Easter related for the latter part of our trip......
Old 02-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #164
ukool
Mouseketeer

http://www.insidethemagic.net/headli...ed-time-magic/

This weeks magic - superbowl themed pre parade in the magic kingdom and extra menu items at cosmic rays. Not a bad one really.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #165
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukool
http://www.insidethemagic.net/headli...ed-time-magic/

This weeks magic - superbowl themed pre parade in the magic kingdom and extra menu items at cosmic rays. Not a bad one really.
I'm just fine with that for our trip. We arrive later today, not interested in the football stuff but I'm sure it will be a hit with many. And a nice counter service option in Tomorrowland is very welcome; I like lobster bisque! Yay Disney!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: