Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Kennywife
Sometimes miracles take a little time

Talking So happy for my hubby! And for me too!

As part of his promotion, he now gets PTO. (Personal Time Off.) He can cash some in every few months (I don't know how often exactly, but it's quarterly I think he said.) for a few days. So in January, he gets 4 days off after the holidays!

I'm happy for him because the man works so hard and he's earned it. Plus, we go days without seeing one another very much and it's nice to have time together again.

Kenny told me that management has been very impressed with how he handled this holiday workload and he may get more holiday OT in the future.

A previous client of mine is considering having me back for the holidays an possibly permanently doing internet research. I love doing this and am great at it! I also am up for a project to write weekly blogs about travel related subjects. I'm excited about it because I cut out a lot of my old projects that weren't benefiting me and am now ready to take on better ones. Out with the old; in with the new shall we say.

Just happy here. Things are looking great for 2013!

What's new with you? Anything big coming up with you for 2013? What can I say? I'm nosy.

Last edited by Kennywife; 11-26-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Kennywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife
As part of his promotion, he now gets PTO. (Personal Time Off.) He can cash some in every few months (I don't know how often exactly, but it's quarterly I think he said.) for a few days. So in January, he gets 4 days off after the holidays!

I'm happy for him because the man works so hard and he's earned it. Plus, we go days without seeing one another very much and it's nice to have time together again.

Kenny told me that management has been very impressed with how he handled this holiday workload and he may get more holiday OT in the future.

A previous client of mine is considering having me back for the holidays an possibly permanently doing internet research. I love doing this and am great at it! I also am up for a project to write weekly blogs about travel related subjects. I'm excited about it because I cut out a lot of my old projects that weren't benefiting me and am now ready to take on better ones. Out with the old; in with the new shall we say.

Just happy here. Things are looking great for 2013!

What's new with you? Anything big coming up with you for 2013? What can I say? I'm nosy.
We just bought a house. That's pretty big.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17, #18, #19- The Strain Trilogy Guillermo Del Toro
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

2013 is the year we really start working on the "5 year' plan we have had in place. My last ds graduates hs and will move on to college. DH and I will be in debt free mode (and doing pretty good should be accomplished by 2015) and will be working towards deciding what we want to do with the rest of our lives...

So while 2013 will be a lot more budgeting, we both have had increases in salary and more responsibilites at work, the squeeze shouldn't be too bad. We will be at work more so we will have less time to spend money!

So 2013 is the beginning of the next phase of our lives!

Kelly
Old 11-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

My credit card hurts from being used so much. So, I say that bill will be pretty big. That's what I have going on
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Mokat76
DisKat

Congrats, Kennywife and Kenny, on what looks to be the start of a great new year.
Nothing new under the sun for me, but I love my job, my pets, my neighbors and my far-flung family. Don't need much more than that, although winning the Powerball lottery would be OK.
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: