Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

2012 - OLYMPIC FREE TOUR - Day 11 - Animal Kingdom - DTD - Manny's (3)

Day 11 - Animal Kingdom DTD Mannys (3)

Today was EMH at Animal Kingdom and so we were all awake at 6:45 (despite a very late night the previously day!). Showered and dressed we arrived at Unicorn 34 parking lot at 7:50.

With no queue at the entrance we made rope drop at Tree of Life. I went on ahead at a fast pace to get 3 FPs for Everest. Sue and Emma eventually caught up and we managed to ride Everest twice in succession.

Exiting the gift shop, I checked the time and we decided to head over to Kilimanjaro Safari before 9:00.

Plenty of animals were out and about, which was a good opportunity for photographs.

On leaving the safari, we wandered through the gift shop and admired some of the carved masks.

Breakfast was calling and so we made our way to Kusafiri Bakery and Coffee Shop. This is located to the right of Tusker House entrance and so we made use of the covered seating area.

Nigel: Croissant Orange Juice.
Sue: Cherry Danish Orange Juice.
Emma: Croissant Orange Juice.

Just as we were about to leave, I checked the time and realised we had missed the FP window for our return to Everest. Not to worry, since we had already ridden it twice. Although it was still quite early, we still felt a little tired due to our late night and decided to call it a day. Making our way out of the park, we called in at Island Mercantile where I spotted a CD of classical Disney music. I have quite a large collection of Disney music and so decided to take a photograph of the CD cover to check against the list stored on my computer. We eventually arrived back at OKW at around 11:00 and had already decided on a visit to DTD. I left my DSLR kit in our room and grabbed my Sony compact camera before checking my CD list on the netbook. The classical CD was not showing so I made a mental note to purchase a copy. Our first stop was Conch Flats General Store to look for the CD but it was not available. On the way back to the car, I noticed a couple of workmen on the roof of the gift shop who were spraying the exterior of the building.

Continued in next post ......

Last edited by DISWolves; 11-24-2012 at 03:27 PM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

We carried onto DTD and our first stop was in Pin Traders where I purchased a 2012 pin. Moving further along, on entering the Christmas shop we decided to spend our $150 Disney gift voucher that had been included in the original DDP. We purchased an assortment of tree decorations adding to our ever-increasing Disney collection. These were carefully packaged in the shop and were shipped back to OKW to collect later.

Food was calling and so we decided to make our first visist to Wolfgang Puck Express after reading good reports on the Dis. We all agreed that the food lived up to expectation.

Nigel: Pesto Chicken Sandwich Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Sprite.
Sue: Oven Roasted Salmon Crème Brulee Orange Juice
Emma: Crispy Chicken Fingers with fries Fresh Fruit Cup Diet Coke

Further purchases were made in TrenD and Team Mickey, where I purchased another Disney baseball, bringing my total up to 10. Strolling through Arribas, Sue spotted a necklace in the shape of a Mickey head key. After trying it on, she decided to purchase it. We then entered the World of Disney, and I went in search of the classical CD. It was nowhere to be found so I went to the enquiry desk. The CM who I spoke to was extremely helpful and managed to locate stock at the Yacht Club gift shop. After driving to the Yacht Club, I was disappointed to find that they had no stock of the CD and was told that none was on order. At this point, Emma and Sue decided to return to OKW for some rest whilst I made the return to Animal Kingdom to purchase the CD. Luckily, it was still available in the gift shop. Returning back to OKW, we all showered and changed and then headed to the Polynesian to meet up with Margaret, Geoff and family at 16:45, before heading off to Mannys for our third visit of this holiday. On the way there, Sue called ahead and got our party added to the waiting list. This still resulted in a 25-minute wait before being shown to our table. This time I had bought my rear number plate with me, which was received by Mannys son Nikko, since Manny was away on vacation. After our server introduced herself, she returned with our drinks order and said that they were on the house with the compliments of Mannys son!

Nigel: Large Shrimp with rice and fries Bud Light
Sue: BBQ Chicken Breast with fries 3 Margaritas
Emma: Half Rack Ribs with fries NY Cheesecake Diet Coke

As usual, the famous salad bowl soon appeared and was emptied in no time!

During the evening Margaret and Geoffs middle daughter - Hannah, had taken a liking to the Mannys t-shirts that were on display. As an incentive, Geoff promised her one if she managed to clear her plate of Chicken and Ribs combo with fries!

Credit where it is due, she ploughed on and finally won the t-shirt (although the last few mouthfuls were a little suspect!)

All of the girls left their trademark, adding to the vast array of names already on the wall.

On leaving the restaurant we were greeted by a strange looking character riding pillion on a Harley Davidson and by the look of him, he had been waiting quite a while for his food!

We all finished the night off by returning back to the Polynesian where Sue and Margaret indulged themselves with a Lapu Lapu each.

The time was approaching 22:00 and so we strolled down the beach and enjoyed Wishes from across the Seven Seas Lagoon. This was our first viewing from the beach and I must say we thoroughly enjoyed it. Returning back to OKW we finally reached our beds at 23:30 after a very long but enjoyable day.

Coming up next Florida Mall and Teppan Edo (1)

Return to INDEX

Last edited by DISWolves; 11-25-2012 at 12:19 AM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
LORNA ANN
UK DVC Member

Another fab day. Looking forward to reading more.x
2004 HOLIDAY INN(FEB ) & ALL STAR SPORT(OCT )2005 GRAND FLORIDIAN & MARRIOT
2006 ALL STAR MUSIC 2007 BEACH CLUB & SARATOGA
2008 SARATOGA
2009 B0ARDWALK,SARATOGA(FEB)
2009 BAY LAKE TOWERS(OCT)
2010 ANIMAL KINGDOM/BOARDWALK(OCT)
2011 (FEB) SSR (OCT) SSR
2012 (FEB)HOLIDAY INN@DTD (OCT) SSR & BLT
LORNA ANN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
wigeboo
Mouseketeer

great read thanks

me DH DD

Planning my tenth Disney holiday
wigeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Great day - glad you got the cd in the end.

Nice of Manny's son to comp the drinks.
20+ trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP, Cabana bay and Universal Oct 2014

DH 40 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Great day, what a wild goose chase for the cd tho, love the cocktails at the poly
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Love watching Wishes from the Poly!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: