Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
katsmeow07
Earning My Ears

the current weather and swimming

To anyone who is there now, I know the pools are heated, but is it warm enough to swim late afternoon, evening right now? We arrive in three days and I love night swimming but don't want to get frostbite, lol
katsmeow07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
ilovemyjj
DawndoesDisney2007

OK,no frostbite...lol..the pools are all heated, the only thing you wanna make sure you have a nice towel, cause the air getting out is brrrr!!!!!You will wanna run back to your room,make sure the heat is on, and jump into the shower...nothing feels better than a hot shower after freezing your buns off...lol!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Bee2u
ImJustBeeNme

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmeow07 View Post
To anyone who is there now, I know the pools are heated, but is it warm enough to swim late afternoon, evening right now? We arrive in three days and I love night swimming but don't want to get frostbite, lol
We just got home yesterday, and my kids were amazed that anyone was swimming. (There were sometimes a few people in the pool, but usually just lifeguards standing around.) If you're used to night swims with the temps in the upper 60s, then daytime swims will be fine for you - just remember that it may be a long walk back to the room in the cool air.
Hope y'all have a great time!

My WDW trips: July 1972; Summer 1980; Honeymoon - June 28th - July 2, 1986; Summer 1999; March 2000 (kids sang @ Magical Music Days); Our 25th Anniv. - June 24 - 28th, 2011 WL; Nov. 20 - 24, 2012 POR; 2013: Jan. 2 - 5 WL (My first Solo trip); Jan. 26 - 29 WL; birthday trip: Apr. 5 - 8 BC; June 3 - 8 WL; First trip to DLR July 5 - 7,; Sept. 19 - 22 WL; Nov. 23 - 29 POR; Dec. 6 - 9 CS; 2014: Feb. 1 - 3 Poly; Mar. 8 - 12 AoA; Apr. 3 - 7 POR; June 3 - 10 POR, WL; July 31 - Aug. 3 Disney Dream; Aug. 3 - 5 Poly; Aug. 22 - 24 BW; Sept 12 - 14 WL
Bee2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
MommaLuman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsmeow07 View Post

We just left yesterday. Our 11,13 year olds swam 3 times and loved it! Around 3 pm each time. When the sun went down it was too cold for them. It was todo cold for me because of the wind but it has to be really hot for me anyways. If you could go around 1 or2 while the sun is out bright it would be even better. Also I did get in hit tubs each times and I took dry clothes down to pool area with me and changed before going back to room. It is nice to enjoy the pools in November! Enjoy we are all going through post disney depression!
MommaLuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
bancytu
Earning My Ears

My kids are excited to swim when we go in Dec. are there towels at the pools for us to use or do we need to bring them from home? I thought I read they have them at the resort. We are staying at the wilderness lodge!
bancytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
kris4360
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bancytu
My kids are excited to swim when we go in Dec. are there towels at the pools for us to use or do we need to bring them from home? I thought I read they have them at the resort. We are staying at the wilderness lodge!
Yes they have towels in pool area
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: