Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #211
tinatark
DIS Veteran
 
tinatark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 3,298

Probably 3 out of my 8 most recent buttons came up used. Employees aren't allowed to enter, but their friends, family, etc... prob aren't restricted.

My hubby asked the guys in the shoe dept for buttons - they said 2 ladies had come in.... one asked for shoes... after they went back to look, they said never mind... the guys came back out and the women had taken their bowl of buttons!
tinatark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #212
softballmom3
DIS Veteran
 
softballmom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: KY
Posts: 1,379

I entered two buttons that hadn't been used already so all was well . One was a $10 winner.....better than nothing .
__________________
Always planning another trip......

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #213
libinatorsmom
DIS Veteran
 
libinatorsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,979

My mom just emailed that she won two $10 Gift Cards... yeah mom
__________________
Me DH DD10



Dec 1988 - Off Site - 1st Trip - Family Trip June 1992 - Off Site - Family Trip May 2008 - POFQ - Dulx Dining
May 2014 - Coronado Springs - Mother Daughter Trip
libinatorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #214
jiminy14
DIS Veteran
 
jiminy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,219

My Penney's has run out of buttons.
jiminy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #215
dbmarie
DIS Veteran
 
dbmarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: WNY
Posts: 799

I sent an email to info.jcpbuttons.com. Over 10 of my buttons have shown up as already used.
__________________
dbmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #216
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran
 
lpizzuro123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,076

Won two $10's and a $5 yesterday. I had to go through alot of buttons for find some that worked (we do 2 a day for me and 2 a day for my DH).

Went to JCP yesterday and they are out of buttons also.

I think I got 45 different button styles - never got all 50.

Linda
__________________

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #217
lizbaby007
Mouseketeer
 
lizbaby007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 319

Did anyone else find the hidden penguin button at their local JCP this morning? I found the one at my JCP. It was on a mannequin at the front of the store underneath the puffy jacket it had on (pinned to the sweater).

I can now say I have a complete set of buttons!!
lizbaby007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #218
bpesch
DIS Veteran
 
bpesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 609

I've won several $5 and $10 certificates, but nothing bigger. I did end up with one already used button.

One thing I did find out that early in the promotion, I was getting a certificate from one out of every 2 or 3 buttons I entered. As it got closer to the end of the promotion, the frequency of the winning buttons dropped dramatically. A couple of days ago I had one winner out of 15 buttons. Made me think that it may not be the button code itself that is winning, but randomly generated winning emails. So the closer they get to the end, the less prizes are left and the less chance of any button being a winner. Don't know if it's true or not, just a thought.
bpesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #219
leelee9878
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpesch
I've won several $5 and $10 certificates, but nothing bigger. I did end up with one already used button.

One thing I did find out that early in the promotion, I was getting a certificate from one out of every 2 or 3 buttons I entered. As it got closer to the end of the promotion, the frequency of the winning buttons dropped dramatically. A couple of days ago I had one winner out of 15 buttons. Made me think that it may not be the button code itself that is winning, but randomly generated winning emails. So the closer they get to the end, the less prizes are left and the less chance of any button being a winner. Don't know if it's true or not, just a thought.
I was thinking the same thing about the random generated prizes. In the beginning I was racking them up and now it takes forever to get a winner. I was able to get 1 of each buttons and won $260! I love this promo, gonna be sad to see it go lol.
__________________
October 2008- Trip w/Josh (bought DVC!) CBR
December 2008- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
January 2009- 1st DVC Stay - SSR
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #220
bpesch
DIS Veteran
 
bpesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: MS Gulf Coast
Posts: 609

Quote:
penneys told DH that he could combine certificates to spend.

I thought we had to spend them separately.

Anyone combine yours to spend?
The certificates say "one per transaction" which I interpreted as meaning you could only use one at a time, so I never even tried to stack them. It does seem that it depends on the cashier you get though.
bpesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #221
Leajess99
DIS Veteran
 
Leajess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbaby007 View Post
Did anyone else find the hidden penguin button at their local JCP this morning? I found the one at my JCP. It was on a mannequin at the front of the store underneath the puffy jacket it had on (pinned to the sweater).

I can now say I have a complete set of buttons!!
My brother found it at our JcP today. My 9 year old so wanted it as she has been collecting all the buttons
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #222
leelee9878
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Freehold, NJ
Posts: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpesch

The certificates say "one per transaction" which I interpreted as meaning you could only use one at a time, so I never even tried to stack them. It does seem that it depends on the cashier you get though.
I have been able to stack as many 4 of the same like amount. I haven't tried any more than 4 or different amounts.
__________________
October 2008- Trip w/Josh (bought DVC!) CBR
December 2008- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
January 2009- 1st DVC Stay - SSR
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #223
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws
 
nchulka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,306

I spent the last of my cash today! This morning I ran out of buttons and my store is out too. Altogether I won exactly 200 all in mostly 10s and a few 5s. I kept track of everything I bought and any extra I spend. I spent exactly 50 of my own money. So I got 250 worth of stuff for 50!! I LOVED this promotion and hope they do it again next year
__________________
Me DH DD(10) DS (9)
nchulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #224
sksjasams
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,308

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchulka View Post
I spent the last of my cash today! This morning I ran out of buttons and my store is out too. Altogether I won exactly 200 all in mostly 10s and a few 5s. I kept track of everything I bought and any extra I spend. I spent exactly 50 of my own money. So I got 250 worth of stuff for 50!! I LOVED this promotion and hope they do it again next year
We're you able to stack any certificates? Or did you have to buy like 20 small items? I have 24 certs, I think. Made up of tens and fives pretty evenly. Not sure how I will find 24 5-10 dollar items....

I have really enjoyed this promotion and did spend $95 so far on some great deals!
sksjasams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #225
Leajess99
DIS Veteran
 
Leajess99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by sksjasams View Post
We're you able to stack any certificates? Or did you have to buy like 20 small items? I have 24 certs, I think. Made up of tens and fives pretty evenly. Not sure how I will find 24 5-10 dollar items....

I have really enjoyed this promotion and did spend $95 so far on some great deals!
My store is out of most $5 items but I do have a smaller store. The good thing is that shorts are now out at my store and my daughter loves basketball shorts so we will use the rest of the certificates after Christmas and get her some shorts for soccer and that.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: