Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #196
sightcrr
Earning My Ears

Don't Forget 2nd Chance Drawing

Don't forget about the second chance drawing. Here are the details from the JCP rules #5.

5) UNAWARDED GIFTS/SECOND-CHANCE DRAWING:Any gift value at $25 or more not awarded during the Promotion Period (excluding the “Ellen” Grand Prize Gifts) will be awarded in a Second-Chance Drawing. To enter the Second-Chance Drawing, you must draft an e-mail with the subject line “jcp merry christmas america Promotion Second-Chance Drawing” and include in the body of the e-mail your name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, and e-mail address and send the e-mail to enter@jcpbuttons.com. Second-Chance Drawing e-mail entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on December 24, 2012 to be eligible. Limit one (1) Second-Chance Drawing entry per person/authorized e-mail account holder. On or about February 5, 2013, GMR will randomly select any Second-Chance Drawing winners from among all eligible Second-Chance Drawing entries received during the Promotion Period. The Second-Chance Drawing winners will be notified by e-mail/daytime phone at the e-mail address/daytime phone number provided in the winner’s Second-Chance Drawing e-mail entry on or about February 6, 2013.

Any prize over $25 seems like there will be lots of winners.
Sightcrr
sightcrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #197
robinb
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the 2nd chance drawing info! I just sent my email.

I won 4 $10 gift certificates. One really came in handy when my DD told me she needed a new dress for her recital last week. We went into Penney's and came out with a new dress for $14 . I think this was a really smart promotion on Penney's part. It brought people back into the store where they can see the merchandise and pricing and not be intimidated by the new Penney's. Honestly, I would have paid full price for the dress I bought ... I didn't think that $24 for a nice juniors dress was expensive. Penney's in now on my "radar" for reasonably priced clothing (along with Target and Kohls) when it was not on it before.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #198
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

I have had 17 buttons and out of those I won $10 and 3 $5s.

If any of you have certificates left they have a lot of the food gifts on clearance already at my store. Jelly bellies, harry and david etc.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #199
jd4nati
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the information on the second chance drawing!

I loved this promotion. I won 12 $10 certificates and got tons of stocking stuffers and toys for free. Like a PP mentioned, I too noticed that the regular prices were pretty good. I found lots of stuff on clearance as well for lower prices than I could have achieved during the coupon days.
jd4nati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #200
leelee9878
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on 2nd chance, I was not aware of that! I also think this was a genius promotion, I will regularly go to penny's now because I like their prices! I became a bit of a lunatic when I learned about the buttons, entering about 10 a day between me and my boyfriend (work & personal emails), all together we won $250 (all $5 or $10), I was very happy and was able to get some Christmas gifts with the certificates.
March 2009- Suprise Parents at Disney - SSR
December 2009- Crazy Family Trip #1 AKV Kidani
May 2010- Disney Magic, 11 Night Med Cruise
September 2010- Last Minute Birthday Surprise BWV & BLT
November 2010- Disney Wonder, 3 Night Bahamas Cruise
December 2010- Crazy Family Trip#2 BCV
November 2011- Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas Cruise & SSR
December 2011 - Last Min Trip - OKW
January 2012 - Hawaii - Aulani!!!
leelee9878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #201
larleo
Earning My Ears

I received 2 buttons one day and enter them to have one a loser and one a winner of a $10 certificate.

My next 2 buttons that I received were one loser and one winner of a single serve Keurig! Will be mailed to me.

I tried to re-enter a code as one PP mentioned but it did not work.

All four times I was immediately notified whether my code was a winner or not and for the two that were winners I received my email right away, in my regular email inbox.

Thanks for telling us about the second chance drawing as I did not know about it. Will be sending that email today.

Good luck everyone!!
larleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #202
Diabolicdesire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larleo View Post
I received 2 buttons one day and enter them to have one a loser and one a winner of a $10 certificate.

My next 2 buttons that I received were one loser and one winner of a single serve Keurig! Will be mailed to me.

I tried to re-enter a code as one PP mentioned but it did not work.

All four times I was immediately notified whether my code was a winner or not and for the two that were winners I received my email right away, in my regular email inbox.

Thanks for telling us about the second chance drawing as I did not know about it. Will be sending that email today.

Good luck everyone!!
Wow! A Keurig! How awesome!!!

Diabolicdesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 AM   #203
Grumpy's Gal
Of course, who wants to get gold lame' undies from a stranger? NOT ME!
I bought a bunch of trashy undies and had them mail them from all over the states

a few of mine said already used -- I wonder if some employees are using the buttons and putting them back in the bin.

I went tonight with DH and the lady was pretty rude and said only one PER FAMILY. So she gave us one button. That was after we told her two of the buttons from last week had already been used.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #204
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Gal View Post
a few of mine said already used -- I wonder if some employees are using the buttons and putting them back in the bin.

I went tonight with DH and the lady was pretty rude and said only one PER FAMILY. So she gave us one button. That was after we told her two of the buttons from last week had already been used.
Employees can't enter. I work in a smaller jcp, and we are almost out of buttons. The bigger jcp near me has been out for about a week. I had been putting all the different designs on a pad on top of my counter as customers were coming in looking for certain designs, but had to stop doing this-I had quite a few people take every single button! I always told people to take a couple. I'm not sure when "a couple" become 50-60.

Sorry you got a grumpy employee

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #205
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I'm going to jcpennys today. How does this work,
-do i have to buy something to get a button?
-do i just ask a worker????
Old 12-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #206
lizbaby007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
I'm going to jcpennys today. How does this work,
-do i have to buy something to get a button?
-do i just ask a worker????

There is no purchase necessary. Just ask an employee at any register.
lizbaby007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #207
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbaby007 View Post
There is no purchase necessary. Just ask an employee at any register.
Thank you!

one more question..... does the cashier scan it to reveal prizeor can i use my iphone, or is ita peel off sticker?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #208
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
Thank you!

one more question..... does the cashier scan it to reveal prizeor can i use my iphone, or is ita peel off sticker?
There is a code on the back of the button. You can enter the code into the JCP website using your phone and then you check your email to see if you won. You have to then accept the prize within a certain amount of time (24 hours?) and if it's a certificate it will be emailed to you the next day. You can use the certificate on your phone, they'll just enter the certificate number into the register.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #209
Disney Ella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Gal View Post

The same thing happened to me. I got three buttons and two of them came up as already used.
Disney Ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #210
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

sorry people are getting rude employees. I know the stores are running out of buttons, and most places will probably be out before the 24th. As far as codes already being used , who knows. In my store employees can't enter codes. We were given different buttons before the promotion started and were entered in an employee drawing.

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: