Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #151
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy14 View Post
No. The rules state that you do not have to make a purchase in order to receive a button. That being said, some cashiers will insist that you must make a purchase. Every cashier is different. I have had some cashiers give me a handful of buttons and some only give me one. You can go to every check-out and get buttons from each one. Don't forget to check the beauty salon and the Sephora shop if you have one in your store. They also have the buttons.
Jewelry counter and furniture department too.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #152
lizbaby007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
I have a question about entering 12 buttons. Are you doing them all on separate accounts? I have only been doing 2 a day on my email account and 2 a day on my DH's account.

We have won quite a few times. I won a $50 one an at least 8 $10 and 4 $5. I have only used 5 of the $10 so far (all on different transactions).

Linda
My BF and I each entered 6 buttons on separate email accounts. We both have personal, work and then email we use for spam. The rules say: Limit two (2) plays per day per person/authorized e-mail account holder. Nothing says per person/per day so we figure if we have the extra email accounts we might as well use them.
lizbaby007 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 PM   #153
Rat-a-too-ee
Mouseketeer

Has anyone in Illinois been successful in combining certificates? Three JCPs in my area are telling me they cannot be combined.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #154
rfwojcik
Earning My Ears

non working buttons

From my testing, it looks like, if your button code has a number in it, it does not work. If it has all letters, it should work. Hopefully they will fix this soon.
rfwojcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #155
lizbaby007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfwojcik View Post
From my testing, it looks like, if your button code has a number in it, it does not work. If it has all letters, it should work. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

I don't think that is correct. The majority of the buttons my BF and I have received, have a combination of letters WITH numbers and we have won over $200 in e-certificates and gift cards!!

Today is set really tight. We entered 11 buttons and not one single winner! I am going to wait a few days to enter my last 6.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #156
sksjasams
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbaby007 View Post
I don't think that is correct. The majority of the buttons my BF and I have received, have a combination of letters WITH numbers and we have won over $200 in e-certificates and gift cards!!

Today is set really tight. We entered 11 buttons and not one single winner! I am going to wait a few days to enter my last 6.
I agree about the codes having letters and numbers...all of mine do.

But disagree about the "tightness"..I don't beleive they are adjusting it. Just the luck (or unluck) of the codes you happen to get. I entered 4 yesterday and no winners. I entered 4 today and 3 were winners.
sksjasams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #157
rfwojcik
Earning My Ears

This numbers problem has just come up in the past day+. Did you enter ones with numbers since yesterday? Only my all alpha buttons got through. Anything with a number in it gives a

Sorry. Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7-digit code and try again.

error for me. Congrats on the $$$.
rfwojcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #158
lizbaby007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfwojcik View Post
This numbers problem has just come up in the past day+. Did you enter ones with numbers since yesterday? Only my all alpha buttons got through. Anything with a number in it gives a

Sorry. Looks like something went wrong. Please check your 7-digit code and try again.

error for me. Congrats on the $$$.

That is strange. I just checked the ones I used today and they were a combo of letters and numbers. I wonder what is up with that.

Make sure that you do not have the dreaded "m". I had a button like that, but it turned out the "m" was really an "r and n"!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #159
Starbrite
DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old name ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaisy View Post
I believe it is good through Monday. I wish they had their kitchen aid mixers on sale - I would use the 20% off and the $50 I won to get one!

It is good thru today. Just an FYI....the 20% F&F is NOT combinable with any button coupons.
Starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #160
mermaidwannabe
DIS Veteran

Has anyone had trouble entering today? I usually have an email immediately after I enter the button, but I didn't get one today. ???
mermaidwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #161
cousinbb
Burn the Bridge of Retreat

My sister won a 5dollar giftcard

My Sept.trip report of 2008
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1964578
Our Italian waiter was flirting with us!!trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2313132
cousinbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #162
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat-a-too-ee View Post
Has anyone in Illinois been successful in combining certificates? Three JCPs in my area are telling me they cannot be combined.
I am in Etown Kentucky and I was able to get the cashier to try running more than 1 through yesterday. She scanned and since it worked she let it go. Another employee at the same store would not do it for my friend today. She was kind of rude today too especially over the buttons.

Last edited by Leajess99; 12-11-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #163
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer

We've won 25 dollars the first round of buttons, 30 the second, and so far 5 for the third. Still have 10 or o buttons to enter. I think it's a pain to only enter two a day.

First trip, May 01', WL**August 08' offsite, Mike Ditka's resort**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip + anniversary, POP**Looking forward to January 14' for a WONDER-ful first trip + anniversary on DCL
Scottiesmommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #164
Diabolicdesire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sksjasams View Post
I agree about the codes having letters and numbers...all of mine do.

But disagree about the "tightness"..I don't beleive they are adjusting it. Just the luck (or unluck) of the codes you happen to get. I entered 4 yesterday and no winners. I entered 4 today and 3 were winners.

I hadn't won anything the last two days and today got two 10.00 and one 5.00. I am guessing it pretty much is randomized. Still love this promo!

Diabolicdesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #165
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

Entered my first 2 buttons today and got 2 $10 certificates!

Is the expiration date for the certificates 12-24? Or is that just the end of the promotion? We leave for Disney on Saturday and won't be back until after Christmas, so I'm hoping I can use these because it would kill me to see these go to waste!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: