Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

I'm freakin burning up!

For the last week or so I've been so incredibly hot. Like break out in a sweat hot. I never even had hot flashes this bad.
I know it's not 'the change' because that's been done and gone for over 3 years now. Not my thyroid because that's under control. It's driving me batty!
I moved last month and haven't switched my healthcare over yet so I have to go do that tomorrow and hoping I can get in to the clinic to find out what's going on.
Anyone else ever have this problem?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
For the last week or so I've been so incredibly hot. Like break out in a sweat hot. I never even had hot flashes this bad.
I know it's not 'the change' because that's been done and gone for over 3 years now. Not my thyroid because that's under control. It's driving me batty!
I moved last month and haven't switched my healthcare over yet so I have to go do that tomorrow and hoping I can get in to the clinic to find out what's going on.
If this is ur first winter in FL you might not be used to how warm it is now I was a little cold today but I was also born and raised in this wonderful state.
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Hot flashes have been a part of my life since a hysterectomy 14 years ago. Having been through menopause doesn't mean you won't have them again, unfortunately.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Hot flashes have been a part of my life since a hysterectomy 14 years ago. Having been through menopause doesn't mean you won't have them again, unfortunately.
I have to agree with this. Hot flashes don't go away in three years, they last and last and last. Sometimes they are barely noticeable. Other times they come back with a vengeance. If men had hot flashes they would already have a cure for them and there would be as many commercials as there are for Viagara.

(FWI - I know its a estrogen imbalance and sx get better with HRT, which is controversial. Just kidding about a major cure all).

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
If this is ur first winter in FL you might not be used to how warm it is now I was a little cold today but I was also born and raised in this wonderful state.
It's not my first winter. It's internal, not external.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
phorsenuf
Grandma Oboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have to agree with this. Hot flashes don't go away in three years, they last and last and last. Sometimes they are barely noticeable. Other times they come back with a vengeance. If men had hot flashes they would already have a cure for them and there would be as many commercials as there are for Viagara.

(FWI - I know its a estrogen imbalance and sx get better with HRT, which is controversial. Just kidding about a major cure all).

Hmmm.....so they'll just come back after being gone for so long? That sucks.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup! It's crazy. Sometimes I only have one or two at night and that lasts for months, then I got through months of my glasses steaming up and wanting to rip off my clothes and fan myself or jump in the closest fountain or pool.

But it wouldn't hurt to have your thyroid checked again if its been awhile.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, hot flashes are like the annoying relative who pops in at the most inappropriate times.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

Quote:
I'm freezing all the time. Wanna trade?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: