Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe
 
phorsenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.
Posts: 18,721

I'm freakin burning up!

For the last week or so I've been so incredibly hot. Like break out in a sweat hot. I never even had hot flashes this bad.
I know it's not 'the change' because that's been done and gone for over 3 years now. Not my thyroid because that's under control. It's driving me batty!
I moved last month and haven't switched my healthcare over yet so I have to go do that tomorrow and hoping I can get in to the clinic to find out what's going on.
Anyone else ever have this problem?
__________________
Etsy:BlueBayouDesigns
phorsenuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbellandeeyor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,247

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
For the last week or so I've been so incredibly hot. Like break out in a sweat hot. I never even had hot flashes this bad.
I know it's not 'the change' because that's been done and gone for over 3 years now. Not my thyroid because that's under control. It's driving me batty!
I moved last month and haven't switched my healthcare over yet so I have to go do that tomorrow and hoping I can get in to the clinic to find out what's going on.
Anyone else ever have this problem?
If this is ur first winter in FL you might not be used to how warm it is now I was a little cold today but I was also born and raised in this wonderful state.
__________________
tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Hot flashes have been a part of my life since a hysterectomy 14 years ago. Having been through menopause doesn't mean you won't have them again, unfortunately.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Hot flashes have been a part of my life since a hysterectomy 14 years ago. Having been through menopause doesn't mean you won't have them again, unfortunately.
I have to agree with this. Hot flashes don't go away in three years, they last and last and last. Sometimes they are barely noticeable. Other times they come back with a vengeance. If men had hot flashes they would already have a cure for them and there would be as many commercials as there are for Viagara.


(FWI - I know its a estrogen imbalance and sx get better with HRT, which is controversial. Just kidding about a major cure all).
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe
 
phorsenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.
Posts: 18,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
If this is ur first winter in FL you might not be used to how warm it is now I was a little cold today but I was also born and raised in this wonderful state.
It's not my first winter. It's internal, not external.
__________________
Etsy:BlueBayouDesigns
phorsenuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe
 
phorsenuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.
Posts: 18,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
Hot flashes have been a part of my life since a hysterectomy 14 years ago. Having been through menopause doesn't mean you won't have them again, unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have to agree with this. Hot flashes don't go away in three years, they last and last and last. Sometimes they are barely noticeable. Other times they come back with a vengeance. If men had hot flashes they would already have a cure for them and there would be as many commercials as there are for Viagara.


(FWI - I know its a estrogen imbalance and sx get better with HRT, which is controversial. Just kidding about a major cure all).

Hmmm.....so they'll just come back after being gone for so long? That sucks.
__________________
Etsy:BlueBayouDesigns
phorsenuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,986

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Hmmm.....so they'll just come back after being gone for so long? That sucks.
Yup! It's crazy. Sometimes I only have one or two at night and that lasts for months, then I got through months of my glasses steaming up and wanting to rip off my clothes and fan myself or jump in the closest fountain or pool.

But it wouldn't hurt to have your thyroid checked again if its been awhile.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
Robbi
DIS Veteran
 
Robbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
Hmmm.....so they'll just come back after being gone for so long? That sucks.

Yes, hot flashes are like the annoying relative who pops in at the most inappropriate times.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
badblackpug
If you knew her you would be shocked!

 
badblackpug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 4,086

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorsenuf View Post
For the last week or so I've been so incredibly hot. Like break out in a sweat hot. I never even had hot flashes this bad.
I know it's not 'the change' because that's been done and gone for over 3 years now. Not my thyroid because that's under control. It's driving me batty!
I moved last month and haven't switched my healthcare over yet so I have to go do that tomorrow and hoping I can get in to the clinic to find out what's going on.
Anyone else ever have this problem?
I'm freezing all the time. Wanna trade?
__________________
badblackpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.