Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #1351
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawyer Mommy View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I'm at the same training spot as you. My longest so far is 6, and I'm doing 7 tomorrow. I hope your 7 went well. My goal for the PHM is simple: finish and not get swept. If I enjoy this (which I think I will), then I'll worry about speeding up.

I've been lurking here for a while, and you ladies have really inspired me and kept me going! When I'm feeling like I don't want to train, I read the boards and get excited. Thanks for that!

I am starting to get really excited for the race and for the trip! I'm staying at the BCV like many of you.
How was your 7 miler? My first goal is finish and not get swept too!

My 7 miler was great! I ran almost the entire 7 miles too! I ran straight to mile 6, then walked for 1 min, ran to 6.6, walked for 30 seconds. Walking was obviously mental and not really needed. I ran it with a pace of 12:16!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #1352
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Got my new shoes!... Saucony Ride 5. Got them from Fleet Feet. I also bought their inserts. Suppose to help with shin splints. Anyone tried them?? Just wondering if they are worth $40. I don't mind paying it as long as they help.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #1353
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007
Got my new shoes!... Saucony Ride 5. Got them from Fleet Feet. I also bought their inserts. Suppose to help with shin splints. Anyone tried them?? Just wondering if they are worth $40. I don't mind paying it as long as they help.
I bought their blue inserts and never liked them. I wore them only a couple times before I injured my ankle... Then stopped wearing them all together... Now mine sit in the box . For me it was not worth the cost. Hope you have better luck.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #1354
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

I bought their blue inserts and never liked them. I wore them only a couple times before I injured my ankle... Then stopped wearing them all together... Now mine sit in the box . For me it was not worth the cost. Hope you have better luck.
The sales person told me to walk around the house in them for 5 or 6 days until my feet get used to them. She said after I run in them and don't like them I could bring them back. I got the green ones. I'm just praying they relive some shin pain.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - All Star Movies
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - All Star Sports
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
Old 01-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #1355
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007 View Post
Not Fleet Feet but I bought the Road Runner custom inserts and they were way too pricey, IMO. They mold them to your feet as part of their analysis and it's supposed to be no obligation but of course, when you put them on, they feel great! It's my own fault for not asking, but I guess in my mind I was thinking maybe $20-30. They were like $70!!! I do like the inserts but I ended up hating the shoes so now I have really comfortable shoes for running errands while I run in my Vibrams.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #1356
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Because I am so stoked DH finally agreed on a theme for Everest, I spend this morning gathering costume parts. Here's what I have so far:

Him (Flynn Rider)

Still need a brown belt wih some sort of "satchel" that he can run without annoying him.

For me (Rapunzel):

I bought the matching sports bra too (matches the shorts) in case any of it shows. And then I am torn between these but leaning toward the tutu:

What do you guys think?

Old 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #1357
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Because I am so stoked DH finally agreed on a theme for Everest, I spend this morning gathering costume parts. Here's what I have so far:

What do you guys think?
I like the vest for DH and you..since you have posted your pic with your costume for PHM... so we know how GREAT you look..I would totally do the corset and tutu. Since I have no "girls" to fill the corset I totally think any woman who can should just do it!

So here's a question for you veteran gals...did my 7 mi today with DH and had a respectable 13:20 pace per mile which for us we are thrilled. I am finding though that my hands tend to swell making my chubby little fingers even more chubby ( at 5'4" and long torso...I did indeed get my scottish heritage build!) Didn't feel bad otherwise and thinking not enough water the day before and before the run or is there something else to take while running? I had a shotblock, water and gatorade on my running belt so willing to try other options.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #1358
KaseeLee
Earning My Ears

Please add me as well....I signed up when the registration first became available, but haven't been officially training that long....I've been running regularly for almost a year....I'm not fast but that's not important....my only issue is I run a 10:30ish pace for currently 8 miles, but have no race proof, I don't want to be placed in a too slow coral....will they take run keeper results at the expo or am I just going to be in the last coral????
Old 01-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #1359
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I like the vest for DH and you..since you have posted your pic with your costume for PHM... so we know how GREAT you look..I would totally do the corset and tutu. Since I have no "girls" to fill the corset I totally think any woman who can should just do it!
Thanks!!!! I'm hoping it isn't going to be too hard to breath in that thing so hopefully I'll get it in enough time to modify if needed. I do love the tutu the more I look at it. I was thinking I'd probably get more future use out of the sparkle skirt but since when was a princess practical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
So here's a question for you veteran gals...did my 7 mi today with DH and had a respectable 13:20 pace per mile which for us we are thrilled. I am finding though that my hands tend to swell making my chubby little fingers even more chubby ( at 5'4" and long torso...I did indeed get my scottish heritage build!) Didn't feel bad otherwise and thinking not enough water the day before and before the run or is there something else to take while running? I had a shotblock, water and gatorade on my running belt so willing to try other options.
I would try the water issue. If I don't hydrate well enough, I swell and do crazy things. At least rule that out first. Great job on the run!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseeLee View Post
Please add me as well....I signed up when the registration first became available, but haven't been officially training that long....I've been running regularly for almost a year....I'm not fast but that's not important....my only issue is I run a 10:30ish pace for currently 8 miles, but have no race proof, I don't want to be placed in a too slow coral....will they take run keeper results at the expo or am I just going to be in the last coral????
I don't think they will take RunKeeper results (I wish!!!) but you shouldn't be in the last corral. Did you put an estimate down when you registered? There will be people whop probably estimated a longer time than you, so they'll be in the back.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #1360
jpaxton1118
DIS Veteran

I can't remember what I put down as my time when I registered. Is there a way to see? All I can find is my receipt and it does not say anything about it.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #1361
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

Keep us posted on the Tink...sending lots of Texas pixie dust your way ! Your lone star princess' are cheering for you from afar
Thanks! Trying to rest up this afternoon, but I scored a pair of the runDisney New Balance this AM!!!! They are way cute

Old 01-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #1362
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10

Metro boston princess here! This cold is a killer! Lucky for me I overheat when I run so I'm stripping off layers and tying them around my waist as I go. I must look so silly
Glad to know I'm not the only one who overheats while running. Ran a 6 miler today and by mile 3, I was dying in a tank top and light sweatshirt. I had to take off the sweatshirt and felt like a crazy person running in a tank top in January. I took a route with tons of other runners too, so I really stuck out with all the bundled runners around me.

I actually ended up running to the running store to buy a spibelt since I realized I'll probably be too warm at the PHM to run with my heavy pocketed winter clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #1363
tink2007
DIS Veteran

I had the same experience this morning. I started with a tshirt and light fleece. I warmed up in about 10 minutes. Had to get that fleece off. I could hear people as they went by me saying" is she crazy?". I get soooo hot when I run then freeze when I'm done.
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - All Star Movies
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - All Star Sports
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #1364
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007
I had the same experience this morning. I started with a tshirt and light fleece. I warmed up in about 10 minutes. Had to get that fleece off. I could hear people as they went by me saying" is she crazy?". I get soooo hot when I run then freeze when I'm done.
Yup! I come home once I'm done and I'm FREEZING. I'm like darn it body! Why can't you pick between too hot and too cold!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #1365
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Thanks! Trying to rest up this afternoon, but I scored a pair of the runDisney New Balance this AM!!!! They are way cute
Run like the wind tomorrow!!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: