Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #1321
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan

Ooops! is this one better? I think I accidently copied the editing link when I was logged in myself putting in the picture. d'oh!

Sherekhan's Shot@Life fundraising link
Got it! Amazing! Hey my mom worked at the UN for 35 years! I went to the UN school (UNIS) almost my whole K-12. Very cool!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #1322
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck
I just need to do a bit of a "yay me" post. Today I ran for the first time in 6 weeks after breaking my foot! I decided to try for a 4.5 mile run and just try to finish! Well I not only made it distance wise, but I had a 12.26 pace!!! My foot is a little sore, but hopefully I can get back out there tomorrow!

I have been really stressing if I could even finish, so this gave me so much confidence! Here is to the next 36 days of crazy training!
That's a great pace!!!! Awesome!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #1323
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
I just need to do a bit of a "yay me" post. Today I ran for the first time in 6 weeks after breaking my foot! I decided to try for a 4.5 mile run and just try to finish! Well I not only made it distance wise, but I had a 12.26 pace!!! My foot is a little sore, but hopefully I can get back out there tomorrow!

I have been really stressing if I could even finish, so this gave me so much confidence! Here is to the next 36 days of crazy training!
That is awesome!!! So glad you could come back so strong after an injury!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #1324
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I got a Team Sparkle skirt and my problem is the opposite, it's shorter than I thought (shorter than a Sparkle Skirt but also more sheer) but it covers all of the necessary parts! The more I put it on, the more I like it and I got a pair of the short running shorts so they go along with it. I think it'll be really comfortable to run in. Sadly I'm a medium or I might be interested in that sparkle skirt because I actually tried to order the yellow Sparkle Skirt first and they were sold out.
No worries - glad you've got one you like! I like how the Team Sparkle one fits on me, too. I'm mad at myself for not taking the time to check in a mirror when I got the Sparkle Skirt at the W&D expo. Lesson learned!

Quote:

That's nothing less than AWESOME!!!! Congratulations

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #1325
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Ooops! is this one better? I think I accidently copied the editing link when I was logged in myself putting in the picture. d'oh!

Sherekhan's Shot@Life fundraising link
I love that "I'm Fairy fast" shirt!!!!!

Quote:

Fantastic!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!

So DH and I are doing the Everest Challenge in May (and there is finally a thread for it but mostly it's just people shocked over the price increase so far so I thought I'd share here ). We'v been "arguing" over costumes. He has agreed to wear one but is very VERY picky. My initial suggestion was Merida and the Braveheart looking suitor. He was okay with that initially then said no. So I said he could be a bear. We considered Han and Leia when Disney bought SW but we were them for Halloween so that's been done. I suggested Beauty and the Beast (he doesn't want a hot costume), He-Man and She-Ra (not enough clothes for him that time). On and on and on....this morning, I said Esmeralda and Phoebus? He says "But he's blond!" I said "And she has dark hair, so???" So then he says, what about Rapunzel and Flynn. I asked if I could bring our gecko and carry a frying pan. He said yes to the frying pan, no to briging Tango. Either way, AGREED!!!!! So now I get to start putting together costumes for that. Yay!!!! (I still think Merida and a bear would have been awesome, but...)

Old 01-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #1326
PrincessV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
So DH and I are doing the Everest Challenge in May (and there is finally a thread for it but mostly it's just people shocked over the price increase so far so I thought I'd share here ).
That's me! Can't afford to run it again, but I'm still hanging out on the thread to live vicariously through all of you.

Quote:
So then he says, what about Rapunzel and Flynn. I asked if I could bring our gecko and carry a frying pan. He said yes to the frying pan, no to briging Tango. Either way, AGREED!!!!! So now I get to start putting together costumes for that. Yay!!!! (I still think Merida and a bear would have been awesome, but...)
I can't remember - did you guys do it last year? It was HOT. Even by Floridan standards. The air wasn't bad, but that stupid parking lot literally burned my behind! Once the sun went down, the parking lot section of the course wasn't bad, but it was very still and humid within the park. Just something to consider when designing costumes!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #1327
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Here's a question for those that have foam rollers...do you like the ridges or the plain ? DH got me one for the little twinges in my right knee and after watching the video and feeling awkward rolling on a tube...it does feel a little better. Plain roller is okay so wondering if the ridges are better.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #1328
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
So DH and I are doing the Everest Challenge in May (and there is finally a thread for it but mostly it's just people shocked over the price increase so far so I thought I'd share here ). We'v been "arguing" over costumes. He has agreed to wear one but is very VERY picky. My initial suggestion was Merida and the Braveheart looking suitor. He was okay with that initially then said no. So I said he could be a bear. We considered Han and Leia when Disney bought SW but we were them for Halloween so that's been done. I suggested Beauty and the Beast (he doesn't want a hot costume), He-Man and She-Ra (not enough clothes for him that time). On and on and on....this morning, I said Esmeralda and Phoebus? He says "But he's blond!" I said "And she has dark hair, so???" So then he says, what about Rapunzel and Flynn. I asked if I could bring our gecko and carry a frying pan. He said yes to the frying pan, no to briging Tango. Either way, AGREED!!!!! So now I get to start putting together costumes for that. Yay!!!! (I still think Merida and a bear would have been awesome, but...)
That is very cool that he agreed to be fly. I also agree that Merida and Bear would have been awesome. Have a great time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Here's a question for those that have foam rollers...do you like the ridges or the plain ? DH got me one for the little twinges in my right knee and after watching the video and feeling awkward rolling on a tube...it does feel a little better. Plain roller is okay so wondering if the ridges are better.
I use ridges,it hurts but it works.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #1329
PrincessV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Both! I have a nubby one that I like for hard-to-relax knots in my glutes. But it bruises the heck out of my outer thighs and quads, so I prefer the smooth one for those areas. I use a wooden rolling pin on my calves, with some help from my son; can't seem to get enough pressure rolling them on the foam.

I run Disney!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #1330
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV

Both! I have a nubby one that I like for hard-to-relax knots in my glutes. But it bruises the heck out of my outer thighs and quads, so I prefer the smooth one for those areas. I use a wooden rolling pin on my calves, with some help from my son; can't seem to get enough pressure rolling them on the foam.
Both as well. I have a short ribbed one I travel with, and a bigger smooth one. I also SWEAR by "the stick" it is AMAZING.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1331
Tinker Gal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
I also SWEAR by "the stick" it is AMAZING.
I 2nd that!!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #1332
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good job!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #1333
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Hello,

What time is the cruise time? There are five of us coming. Three adults and two children. My mom's first time at Disney World.
Sorry, I never got on a computer last night. Got stuck due to snow and had a surprise night at a hotel.

The cruise would leave out at 8 PM from the Yacht & Beach Club Marina.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #1334
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

I have new pain. Achilles tendonitis. Now I know it was a potential side effect from from the darn Cipro I was on, but I'm wondering if my new shoes were a contributing factor.

I got new shoes a week ago. I've only done a few short, easy runs in them. They're an ounce heavier than my old shoes (7.2 oz old shoes, 8.2 oz new shoes), and they have the same amount of support. (I slightly overpronate.) The big difference though is that my old shoes had a 4 mm heel to toe drop, and my new ones have a 10 mm drop. Could that higher heel be the problem?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #1335
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I have new pain. Achilles tendonitis. Now I know it was a potential side effect from from the darn Cipro I was on, but I'm wondering if my new shoes were a contributing factor.

I got new shoes a week ago. I've only done a few short, easy runs in them. They're an ounce heavier than my old shoes (7.2 oz old shoes, 8.2 oz new shoes), and they have the same amount of support. (I slightly overpronate.) The big difference though is that my old shoes had a 4 mm heel to toe drop, and my new ones have a 10 mm drop. Could that higher heel be the problem?
I personally can't handle a higher heel to toe drop. I ended up with peroneal tendentious when I had my heavy shoe that had a larger h2td. I slightly overpronate too...but I have to run in minimalist shoes or my ankles get weird.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: